Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Summer fun!

I love summer so, so much!  The weather is like medicine to my soul!  We have been up to some really fun things both together and solo.  I'm such a list person, so for my blurb book purposes here goes the summer partay so far via list form:
*Comprehensive veterinary visits for both the boys! Frank is considered "geriatric" since he's 7 and the vet has rarely seen an 8 year old Bullmastiff.  I absolutely, spontaneously burst into tears and with my hand in my pocket, gave our vet the bird! Bronx is still on a diet.  Hey, he hasn't gained any weight--but just isn't losing any either. Ha!
*BBQ with Brett and Robyn.  Great times!  I really love them.  They are a super fun couple to hang out with!  Both Scott and I have mentioned at different times how fun it is to "meet" Brett as a married man brother.  And I love me some Roby!  She is a young, fun, energetic, lovable gal!
*Nanette's baby's blessing.  She adopted a second little boy named Aiden and they invited Scott to participate in the blessing of the little guy now that 6 months has passed and the court has made the adoption legal.  It was really neat and fun to be a part of.
*Appointment with Dr. Swenson.  She is my endocrinologist who is handling the problems with my thyroid and pituitary tumors and medications.  She is wonderful and SO smart.  She aims for perfection.  So any symptom or number that is the slightest bit off, she is hell-bent on fixing and it makes the biggest difference.  My pituitary tumor (the one in my head) has been active and the numbers have been increasing so she has ordered another MRI to see if it has grown and she put me on some new medication that I take twice a week.  It is pretty brutal, but it takes away some of the symptoms, so you gotta weigh the pros and cons and decide which is the lesser of the two evils.:)  Super good times!
*Appointment with Dr. Leaman.  That is a whole different story!  Ha ha!
*Lunch with my mom!  This was a rare treat and it was awesome.  I dropped my car off to just get a tune up and the next thing I knew I needed four new tires (and to donate my liver to pay for it).  I told my mom I would help her with some computer stuff so she came to pick me up from the mechanic's shop and we went to Olive Garden.  It was so fun and relaxing and soooo enjoyable!  My mom was finally released from Relief Society and so now I hope I will get some more time with her!
*BRONX turned 5 on MAY 17!!! Such a big fella!
*Laurel turned 30 on May 18!  Such a big girl!  We had a sleepover in Park City with all the Lee sisters and Robyn and me and even Mama Lee came from Washington for the event.  We had some great shopping at the outlets and a fun BBQ at Laurel's house after.
*I saw JK and had my hair done.  That is always a treat!  It's fun to see her regardless, but then she makes my hair beautiful so I love her even more!  She put a light pink color stripe in my hair and I love it!
*Lunch with April and Lesa.  There are no two greater women in the world than these two gals of mine!  They are the fountain of knowledge, wisdom, advice, and love for me!  Accepting, loving and honest.  They always help me, with even just a hug they fill my cup!  Everyone should have a Leswaa and Weasel!
*My baby sister and I took off for one of the funnest weekends I have ever had.  We went to my parents place down south and watched our favorite movies (i.e., Strictly Ballroom, episodes of Psych), and met tons of fun people--just because we have those kinds of personalities that just attract interesting people!  We met the temple riders..mmm hmmm.  We tried on maxi dresses with total strangers in Walmart, had THE best maple bar in Manti, and chatted it up with two squabbling ladies at beehive clothing.  We had a great time.  We both needed a getaway from some personal stuff.  My poor sis was just diagnosed with Lupus and it has been rough.  I love her so much and just want her to be pain free both physically and mentally.  It would be much easier if I had this instead of her.
*We went to a baptism of a good friend of Scott's.  Scott worked with him and they talked a lot about the LDS church when Pawel wanted to.  It was a really neat baptism.  Pawel was SO excited to be a member of the LDS church.  After he was baptized fully under the water, he came out and just yelled at the TOP of his lungs "WAHOO!"  It was so different than anything I had experienced.  He was SO excited to join the true church, he said.  I have not seen such excitement about the gospel since my mission.  It kind of ignited a little sparkler inside me to appreciate what I have and to get excited about it.  Pawel was so appreciative of Scott and his never pushy attitude about the gospel.  Pawel asked Scott to lunch to tell him he had decided to be baptized and told Scott that he was a great example to Pawel of how to "be a normal person and how to be a Mormon at the same time."  I thought that was a total compliment and wanted to brag about my husband for a minute.
*I dropped off and picked up my parents from the airport as they went on their annual trip to the islands.  This year Inger and her family joined them for a week on Oahu and then a second week on Kauai.  Last year Melinda's family went.  Ahhh, how the islands call!  I was jealous and listened to Polynesian music for 2 weeks.
*I went with Melinda and the four boys to Seven Peaks and it was a blast!
*I joined an infertility support group and went to my first meeting.  Interesting.
*I was called to teach Relief Society in our new ward and Scott was called as first counselor in the Elders Quorum.  Good!  Put us to work!!!
*While at Seven Peaks with the nephews, I saw a friend from high school.  I have not seen dear, sweet Mandy Pead for 21 years!!! OMGoodness!  It was a sign from the universe!  A complete duck out of my gyre (do you watch the show, Touch?)...needless to say, a bunch of us from the student council got together and had lunch.  It was flippin' fantastic!  We have all had our share of shizstorms and it was so wonderfully supportive to be with people who knew me in high school, but allowed me to change and accepted me as the person I am now.  I love those ladies so dang much!!!
*I offered to help take Melinda's boy for a couple of days while she and Deron went to Boston for a week.  That of course was over the time CARTER BROKE HIS NOSE...so, my mom and I took Carter to see one of the ENT specialists at Primary Children's and had a great experience with Dr. Meier!  Highly recommend him!  We had a consult via speaker phone with Dro and Min as they were driving around Cape Cod and settling on surgery for the Monday after they got home.  Carter was so brave and awesome!
*While we had the boys, Scotty took them to trafalga and went mini-golfing.  We went to Macey's and got Kong cones!  The next day Scott drove back up to SLC for work and we went to Rosie's restaurant for breakfast and then off to the Bean museum for taxidermied lions, tigers, and bears...that's right!  Then small detour to the Palaeontology museum, Wendy's for lunch, naps for some, Phineas and Ferb for others.  Carter had baseball practice later that night and certainly that broken nose with two black eyes didn't stop him for one second!  I traded off with Kristen and ran off to a wedding reception...
*A wedding reception for one of my YW when I was President back in nineteen dickety two!  WTH?  I felt so dang old!  She looked beautiful and I was so proud and happy!  She turned out to be exactly as beautiful and wonderful as I had imagined when she was just a wee miamaid.  Tehani was stunningly beautiful and they had a big traditional Tahitian reception with tons of food and dancing and wonderful island flavor!
*Matty finished his mission in Montana and came home!!!!  2 years and 5 days later...he's home!  It is wonderful to know that he is home.  We got to see him this past weekend at the Lee family reunion and it was surreal.  I would find myself just looking at him surprised that I was seeing him with my own eyeballs!  I love that kid!
*The furry boys were treated to the Top Dog Spa Package at Petsmart.  Nice bath and brush--nails (they call it a "pawdicure" lol), teeth, etc.  They loved it and smell divine!
*Went to trafalga with the four Stailey hoodlums again and met up with Lisa and Cache and Tay baby!  Good gosh that was fun!  We went on the bumper boats and got SOAKED, raced on the cars, did both indoor and outdoor mini-golf, ski ball...I mean those kids don't stop!!!  We had so much fun!  And I ran into Kjerstine Spencer!  She is a kindred spirit and running into her was another duck out of my gyre.
*When I went with Melinda and Deron to Primary's for Carter's nose surgery, his nose looked so good that as they talked, they decided to fore go the surgery and see how it does on its own.  Another duck out of the gyre!
*Scott works from home now for Western Governor's University.  It started out just a little bit different...it would kinda scare me when he would come upstairs.  I just wasn't expecting him to be there.  Now it is awesome!!!  We hang out and have lunch, and save money on gas and food and just see each other more.  It has been pretty cool.
*I work pretty much give or take 2 12's a week at the University of Utah.  I am really liking it.

There ya have some of it.  More to come, including some serious pictures of some fun stuff!  Can't complain!

7 comments:

Tara said...

You forgot to mention dinner out with ME, you f'in ho! Well, your invite to the Christmas party just got "lost" in the mail. I still love you, I guess... Let's have another GNO with Melinda and KC and hit up Trafalga. Sounds divine. Have a great summer!

Becca Jo said...

I had the best maple donut in manti too. I wonder if it's from the same place! Why does Manti have the best donut shop in the world? it's weird.

You sound busy. also i'm jealous that your husband gets to work from home. That's kinda my dream.

7packofbearss said...

We thought maybe you guys moved to China or fell off the earth- but you've just been busy doing all this fun shiz. BBQ sounds good anytime. We miss you all.

Stephanie said...

Wowzers you are a busy lady :) I want to see the pink in your hair!

J♥M said...

I miss your stinkin guts! Please come visit!! The Lee's are ALWAYS welcome!!!
♥, Jeaner

Chelsea said...

Woah! That was a lot of shtuff to report on. You sound like a busy bee. I love your good attitude about everything. The good, the bad, and the ugly. And I love that baptism story! His enthusiasm really sounds like so much fun to be near. I talked to Julie Kaye today. We are pinning you down for a girlz night cause I want to hang out with y'all!!!

Lisa Nielsen said...

Wow that is a lot going on! I loved what you shared about Scott and his friend that was baptized. That was really special. You also reaffirmed to me what an amazing person you are with what you said about Min. Gosh, you wish you could have Lupus so she doesn't! You are and have always been the most giving wonderful person I know, even with all the crap you've been given. I love you more than you'll ever know!