Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Absent

Wow the time surely goes whether you go with it or not.  I swear I just posted about our anniversary and now it's 3 months later!
Quick summary: Scott is enjoying his job and doing well, I am enjoying my job, and we moved.  Moving is always a good mix of lots of work and some rewarding new cleaning and arranging as well as emotion and chaos.  We are settling in and still hanging things and then moving them and re-hanging them.  The furry kids are thrilled and are the best example of adapting to whatever life comes their way.  They have a really big backyard   here at our new place and little dog neighbors on either side so they have lots of fun and new adventures everyday!  They crack me up.
We enjoyed Easter, most recently, both Saturday before and Sunday.  Saturday my family came up and we dyed eggs and hid them.  We hung in hammocks and laughed and roasted hot dogs and made s'mores in our fire pit in the backyard.  So much fun!  Sunday we attended church at a new ward since we moved and it was nice.  Then we had a traditional Easter feast that Alicia made that was totally delicious--especially the rolls!
 Back at the end of February I joined some of my family for about a week in St. George with a quick trip to Vegas to see my niece play in a basketball tournament.  Alexa and her D1 team from William Jewell flew from Kansas City to play and it was so much fun to see her so grown up and all college-like!  Man, I felt old but loved watching her and all my nieces and nephews doing such "grown up" things!
I had to get some recent pictures up and at least bring the blog to some type of current "ish" status.

9 comments:

Alicia said...

You're killing me with the rolls compliment. They were a total bust. Oh well. Glad you're back. :)

Michelle said...

Yay! You're back! I feel so guilty that I haven't seen your new place yet. This weekend??

LEE BIEN said...

It is always fun for me to read your blog posts! I can't wait to see your new place and hang in a hammock myself. I love you so much.

Markelle said...

yep, its good to have an update. but I hear ya, I haven't blogged in forever. in fact I haven't even been on the laptop much. weird! I better spend extra time on the interenets today to make up for lost blog stalking time.

J♥M said...

Lovin the update!!! Please tell me you moved closer to me!!! Glad you're happy and doing good! Love ya and miss ya more and more!!!

7packofbearss said...

I love the fire pit. I want one- come to think about it maybe I don't...who knows what my boys would burn in there. It is still awesome though.

Tara said...

Glad you jumped back on the blog bandwagon like a little hussy! I"ve missed you! And when do I get an invite to the new place to have S'mores?!?!?!?!? Christmas is too far away! Love ya!

Rachel said...

Yay for updates.... I check all the time. Love ya!

Shad and Brittany said...

I love the hammack!!! Shad has one just like it and we LOVE it!