Sunday, May 15, 2011

Things I'm bringing back...

List of things I think need to make a come back, even if I have to do it single-handedly:

The fanny-pack--This one is a no brainer! 1. Talk about your hands-free device! Better than a backpack, because you don't have to swing it around to get something out, it's all right in front of you. 2. It's safe...I mean, how are you going to miss someone trying to "pick your pocket" when your pocket is now really your crotch area? 3. For us women, it's the most strategically placed accessory...hello you strap it around your lower gut! Strap that sucker on and tighten away! No one will be asking you if you're pregnant or fat, they'll just be admiring your multi-pocketed fanny pack and wondering "where did she get that?"

The word bitchin'--I already use this word thus making it already cool. 1. This word encompasses everything. It can be used when happy, angry, sad, etc. It covers almost every emotion. 2. It really isn't a swear word--I'm know I'm justifying, but hey I gotta start somewhere! 3. People that know and like this word are of a more mature and elite crowd, possibly those from the 80's who can appreciate the non-facebook days.

And finally, New remakes of Matlock and Murder, She Wrote--You know you agree! 1. Good ol' appropriate television, with no questionable scenes. 2. Plot lines I can follow. 3. I just haven't figured out who is cool enough to play current-day Ben Matlock and Jessica Fletcher--I'm currently accepting resumes.

What would YOU like to see make a comeback?

9 comments:

Alicia said...

l.o.l. I thought "Bitchin'" was already cool. Weird. :)

Michelle said...

1. I use the word "bitchin" daily.
2. I'd like to bring back the mix tape, complete with the DJ talking over the intro of my favorite songs I recorded off of the radio by sitting for hours with my finger poised over the record button. (That Madonna "this used to be my playground" song comes to mind...) We lose the blood, sweat, and tears with i-tunes, man.
3. Nobody can replace Ben Matlock!

Karin said...

Oooh, lemme know when Murder,She Wrote is back on-- LOVIN' that one! I was in a Sacrament Meeting (I wanna say it was our Texas ward) where someone was describing the Nephite's as "Bitchin' and Moaning about how rough it was...". I laughed out loud.
Love you!
Oh, Michelle, just read your comment. HA!!! Why can I relate so well to that? LOVE it! Your Sis, Alicia was the best with those- I think I still have mine from our EFY adventures:)

Tara said...

I personally would like to see The Cosby Show comeback (was it ever really gone?), overalls-I looked freakin hot in them-, big hair, Dr. Quinn Medicine Woman, and my catch-phrase in high school, "Like a big dog." Remind me to start using that in sentnces again. Cuz I am freakin awesome like a big dog!

LEE BIEN said...

Love this post! 1) I don't think I'd ever use a fanny pack, I never did. 2) I got in trouble for writing "bitchin" on the cover of my notebook in junior high. I think it was written next to a flower power daisy and possibly the word "groovy". Think 1967 California. 3) Can anyone ever truly replace Ben Matlock? I love him still! He was smart, funny, confident, quirky, and strangely attractive. Gosh, he was awesome. By the way, Conrad also kicked trash. I am reminded a little of "Murder She Wrote" when I watch "Castle." I haven't seen many episodes but I like it! Hmmm... I'm going to be pondering remake replacements.

Chelsea said...

I have secretly been a closet fanny-pack fan until now. You have given me the strength to come out baby!!! Seriously, what's not to love? It is funny, it holds your stuff when skinny jeans have no pocket options, etc. Genius!!!

Vicki said...

I would like to see "US" comeback..... the good ol' days
at CUC without the bad stuff like the bosses, supervisors, politics.... just us girls. I love you, Meg.
Thanks for your courage and your wisdom.

Stephanie said...

Ok This post made me LAUGH, then reading all these fantastic comments made me laugh more! I love your crotch pack... OH I mean fanny pack idea. Genius, Mine needs to be large enough for diapers and wipes and snacks and a wallet....

The Wilburs said...

Hey there Lee's we miss you tons I can't believe Bronx is 4!!!