Sunday, May 15, 2011

Sister jackpot!

I'm UBER lucky that when I married Scott I increased my sister intake! I have 3 AWESOME immediate sisters and 2 sisters that married my brothers (there are no in-laws in my mind)! Scott has 3 sisters and they're so cool! I honestly feel like I have 8 kick ass sisters! I REALLY hit the sister jackpot! I tease Scott that the reason I married him was that I met his sisters before him! (We'll never know???) It's just fun to feel a part of something. So when the Lee sisters needed to have a girls only afternoon, it was a no brainer for me. We went to see Hairspray at Hale Center Theatre. It was really entertaining, the poor lead had lost her voice and it hurt my throat every time she tried to belt something out. But the whole thing was worth attending if only for the rendition of "You can't know where you're going if you don't know where you've been!" It was soooo moving to me! It struck a chord (pun intended) with me that left me grateful for the past being the past and the lessons learned from it. Real life experiences are unteachable in a classroom and impossible to explain to the amateur who has yet to feel those feelings as the bottom falls out. It is especially moving when such strong words are put to such a beautiful melody!


We then had an awesome lunch after at Cafe Rio and it all went by entirely too fast AS USUAL! Why is the rum always gone?!! I feel like Jack Sparrow when it's time to say goodbye. The time goes by way too fast and I feel like the rum is always gone!


I love me some good Lee sister time!

3 comments:

Alicia said...

Awe. Love.

Michelle said...

I'm due for another girls' night already. What should we do this time?

LEE BIEN said...

I makes me so happy that you love us! We adore our Megan.