Friday, February 25, 2011

The Colonel turns 90!

My mom put together a partay for Grandpa Jack with some family members to celebrate his glorious 90 years upon this earth!!!
Grandma Marjorie Tueller turns 90 April 3! I love how they compliment each other, even in looks. Grandma with her dark brown eyes and Grandpa with his piercing blue eyes!

This is Jack with Marjorie's youngest sister, Sherolyn and her husband Larry.

The Colonel with Marjorie's oldest sister's only child, Elouise. Marjorie's oldest sister, Pauline passed away a couple of months ago.

The Colonel and Mrs. Tueller's son, (my mom's younger brother) Shayne with 2 of his 4 kids, Jason and Nathan.

This is Bethany and Joe. Bethany is the daughter of Janine who is another daughter of Grandma and Grandpa. Janine is my mom's youngest sister. She lives in Iowa. She was my closest family member when I lived in Minnesota and was about 7 hours away. We actually saw each other quite often and have always been really close! I wish I could see her more often! Bethany and Joe had a little baby boy Feb. 10 and honored the Colonel and named him Jack. I am so happy that, hey, if I can't honor him and name my first son after that amazing man, I'm so glad Bethany did.

Here is another crazy aunt--Sharman and her family! Her two kids are Christian (far right) and Brandon (far left). These two cousins are hilarious and as different as brothers can be! Brandon is married to Andria and they have Beckett, that fat little guy in the middle!

Rosie brought the birthday boy an awesome hat!

This is blurry, but precious to me. I am wiping tears from my grandpa's face after he read my birthday card! I LOVE THAT MAN SO MUCH I CAN'T EXPLAIN IT IN WORDS! And look how cute Scotty is in the back.

Some of the Staileys--Deron, Archer, Carter, Melinda!

Scotty and Duncan!

I HEART this picture!!! I cannot put into words how much this man has influenced my life!

I want to steal all four of these hoodlums!

I love this picture too. These peeps are awesome!

I thought it was so cute that my mom made her dad a candy bar poster! If you blow it up you can read it.

Don't mess with my over-achieving Rosie; it's a double-sided candy bar poster!

How do you type feelings and explain love in words? I have always had these guys in my corner and they have recently given me some great advice and have really helped buoy me up! Mucho love and thanks!!!
On February 19, the Colonel received an award from the SCERA Center for the Arts. It was awesome that they invited Scott and me to the event! I am always so proud of this man!

8 comments:

Alicia said...

Well, now I gotta know what the advice was. I love your grandpa too.... can I adopt him?

Dottie Stay said...

You are SO gorgeos in all the Pics! Holy Canoli Megs! You are smokin' hott! Oh man the colonel and the mrs make me cry too dang much! All the family pictures you. Took make me laugh. We have a crazy awesome family. Youy start going down the line of everyone and yowsa we have some good stories! LOL!

Mendy said...

Oh man I don't know why I am so emotional about this I guess I do your Grandpa means so much to me he is the dearest man in the world....He has a special place in my heart thats for sure so glad I get to know him...

Mendy said...

and you look gorgeous....your shirt is so cute...love it

Chelsea said...

Um, you know someone who goes by the name "the Colonel"??? How cool is your life??

That family of yours is adoreable. Everywhere you look, adoreable couples, kids, and old people. :) Love it!

J♥M said...

I always enjoy reading and re-reading the beautiful tributes you write and share about your fantabulous living ancestors!

You're pretty extra special if you ask me!
XOXOXO

LEE BIEN said...

Although I have met him, I don't really know The Colonel. However, I do know that I love him because of how much he obviously loves you. You are a lucky girl.

Ashley said...

Your grandpa is TOO amazing. What a sweet man, I could just hug the fella. You are looking smashing my dear, you are a babe for sure!!

Love and miss you dearly.

Hugs and Kisses XOXOXOXO