...these are some of the things we have been up to.

Going with nephews to the "tiny zoo" at Thanksgiving Point (pre snow fall!).

I love this Cache man!





These sweet boys are a HUGE joy in my life!

And what cow doesn't need to be ridden, roped, and rocked out on?!

It just kept getting better!

My birthday came and went (thank goodness!) but not without a thoughtful card from my Pops and Mama Lee. Notice that this card is addressed to their daughter! I don't know why, but this card made me burst into tears and Scott thought I had gotten some really bad news via the US postal system, until I sniffled out what this card meant to me. He didn't openly weep like me, if you can imagine...??? I love my in-laws so much! The words on the card and hand written were the highlight of my birthday.

I was beyond thrilled that 1 month before moving from our home our peach tree busted out its first fruit!!! It was a great reward for our hard work.

I really do forget how bloody giganormous Frank's head is, but we all love our fall drives up AF canyon!


Bronx loves to have his ears flap in the wind!

I'm ready for this warm weather to come back already!!!

My mom and I traditionally go up the Sundance ski lift in September to see the leaves via above them and IT IS BEAUTIFUL!!!

Michelle and I HAD A BLAST going to the Brad Paisley concert together. She got me tickets for my birthday (thanks again!) and it was epic entertainment! Brad Paisley was good too. Suffice it to say, I was hit on by the hottest drunk cowboy, with a mullet, EVER! My self-esteem has never been higher! Oh Michelle, what did he say..." you know you got it" or was it " you know you want it" or ...oh dangit, what was it!!??? classic! I know I look like I'm wearing a sombrero but it was a cute cowboy hat, and Michelle was 2 weeks away from delivering Ben...ya, we were quite a duo!

There is always such strangeness to watch happening around you. I was glad I had my ear plugs. I thoroughly enjoyed Michelle giving her "I'm a teacher, and I'm going to send you to the Principal's office" eyes to unruly teenagers passing by.

While cleaning out the house we came across so much baby hand-me-downs from my 3 sisters. We tested this walker out. This was the best picture of the bunch--the others were so blurry because I couldn't hold the camera still I was laughing so hard.

Scotty's brother Matt is serving an LDS mission in Montana and said he walked by this sign and it screamed "Megan." I personally love the sign but mostly love that Matty thought of me! I miss that kid mucho, mucho! He has been out 6 months on Dec. 16!

We had mega baby arrivals in the Lee family! On October 15, Michelle delivered
Mr. Benjamin Rawlins Walker!
He decided to show up 2 weeks early.

He is such a sweet, little guy! The pictures Scott got of Kaiya first seeing him are beyond words!

About 36 hours later (ish) Laurel popped out sassy little
Miss Scarlett Joy Richardson!
She is sporting her first "Auntie May May headband."

This week was INSANE! We were trying to move (everyone who has done that, knows it just plain sucks and takes forever), Scott was interviewing for another job, etc. etc. but we wanted to be a part of these little babies coming and spend time with Scott's mom who came into town to help the girls!

This is us with Scarlett. We had been cleaning all day...and thus why we look like crap! :)


Halloween is always fun seen through the eyes of the Stailey boys.



Scott's bank did a Doctor theme. They had Dr. House, Dr. mom, The witch Dr., Scott was Dr. Drake Ramoray L.O.L.!!!

Hott Doc!

Long story, so Reader's Digest Version: In moving we came upon all the baby stuff we have been storing. We had 3 cribs. 2 were REALLY old. It stirred up a lot of emotion! Next thing I knew Scott had the 2 old cribs set up out in the back yard and brought out the axe. He told me to take a swing. I thought he had lost his mind, until I took a swing. I felt like a million ducks, I mean bucks! Scott then said now with each swing say something that you want to get out of your system and leave behind when we move from this house. I said like what? He demonstrated with a swing he yelled, "I hate babies!" We both started laughing so hard. OK, OK, it's my turn..."I hate ivf" as the axe slashes through the cute little bear on the side of the crib. Then it was on like Donkey Kong! "I hate Dr. so and so....I am sick of (fill in the blank), I wish blah blah blah, it was so therapeutic and free-ing! I am sure if neighbors were looking out their windows they were in deep fear and as Alicia says, Frank was peeking around the dog door and we know exactly what he was thinking!!!!

More venting, and effective therapy. I actually think some psychologist somewhere is proud of us!

Frank and Bronx came out after the axe-ing was over to see what the ruckus was all about and both of them took an opportunity to pee on the destruction.

Then just to make sure all of the bad memories and hell and torture were gone, we burned the crib wood! It actually burned black flames, so we figured the cribs had lead poisoning and we were just doing the world a favor.

I learned a wonderful lesson from Abraham Lincoln (we're tight like that). He wrote in one of his books about a time that he was offended by someone. He wrote them the nastiest of letters and really put into detail how his feelings were hurt and what he felt and how he wished them what they deserved. He said it made him feel better to get his emotions out and not bottle them up or try and suppress them. He then lit a match and burned the letter. I was fascinated by this idea when I first read about it. People have feelings! I think supressing them makes them worse and more volitile. Ever since I read about what Abe Lincoln did, I have done the same. If ever there is something bothering me, whether it's a person or a situation, maybe something I cannot control, I write the specifics down on a piece of paper where I can see the exact things that are bothering me and feel like I am getting it "off my chest." I then light a match and watch the paper burn and try and let those feelings go up in smoke like the paper. GO AHEAD AND JUDGE ME....I ACTUALLY DON'T CARE. WALK A MILE IN MY SHOES AND THEN WE'LL TALK!:)
So before we left our home, I wrote down some serious specifics that were negative or just poopy that I wanted to NOT take with me. I just wanted to leave some SH*T behind! So I did!


I look a little possessed...I promise I'm not a pyro, I just deal with my emotions "my" way.

Then Scott put out the fire....this is totally inappropriate!

We had some of our first visitors at our new place in SugarHouse. Kaiya loved Frank!

Frank got a little tired, but Kaiya went with it! LOL. She and Scotty are watching Cars.

Then she used him as a pillow instead of a chair! We LOVED this visit!

Kaiya thought she would give Bronx a try as well.

Oh, did we forget to announce that we have two children? Oh whoops, let me introduce to you our two perfect, adorable children....Kaiya and Ben! (Michelle and Brad who?)

Veteran's Day November 11, 2010. My wonderful Grandpa Jack Tueller was awarded an honor down in Provo, so Scott and I drove him down and enjoyed basking in the glory as his grandkids!

He spoke and played his trumpet!


This amazing guy will be 90 years old January 28.


This is our new backyard. Upon the first snowfall, we ran out to make a snowman! It was so much fun! That snowman turned out to be HUGE!

Just our little family hanging out...dogs just like kids...no one cooperates with the bloody camera!
I'm back in the blogging spirit...I'll be back...sooner than later!
17 comments:
Welcome back, Megan. Love the recap. Hope you're out of boxes by now. And I hope we get to see you soon.
What IS that on your snowman's head???? Makes the perfect top hat, but what did you find to fit such a noggin?
Missed reading your blog! Glad it's back on...Loved seeing you Saturday!!! And as always, I am ready for you to adopt me anytime!!! Love ya sister!
Awesome post. I love that Scott was Drake for Halloween. I always appreciate a good Friends reference. I think the therapy session is pretty great too. I have also taken part in writing and burning of a letter and I think it feels great. Glad to have you back in the blogging world friend :)
My kids are cracking up at your pictures. They think the snowman is awesome, Olivia wants to know who the girl is who is sitting in her spot (on Frank) and they think you may have gone nuts burning things. Good thing "going nuts" is not a bad thing at our house.
I have the biggest grin on my face after reading all of this, Megan!!! I love this post, its pictures, and YOU AND SCOTTY!!! We need to chat pronto!
This made me bloody day! Thanks for making me smile and for reminding me of the crib incident. HILARIOUSLY awesome. I love you.
gosh, I really like you guys...I totally teared up reading this and I'm so glad you kicked those crib's aces! It was so fun seeing you the other night.
btw, Brent rarely looks at blogs (actually only over my shoulder) but your snowman sure caught his eye. He said "wait whose is that!" He wanted to make one the other day so bad. Then he said "they had to of made it on the sabbath, it was the only day with good snow!" you should have seen the admiration/jealousy in his eyes:)
Loved your post Megan! I can seriously relate to "getting things off of your chest." I've only burned letters that people have given me...I'm gonna try your way! Loved all of your pics and happenins! You guys are the best ever! I hope you know how much you are loved! Give your puppies a big smooch for me...and Scotty, too! Love ya! Larabelle :)
Yay! I love the post! I'm not gonna lie, I tried to click on the picture with your list to see who was on it! HA! LOL! Dang it is blurry!!:) I am glad that you did all of that stuff. Leave all that shiz behind. I love your new place. I love your boys, all 3! I LOVE the snowman in your yard. You guys are the best. I hope to see you again VERY soon! BTW, very cute new babies!!!
glad you are back! Alicia told me about the crib incident and I thought it was genius. I hope you are liking your new place! I LOVED living in Sugarhouse.
I LOVE that you burned the cribs! Sometimes you just need to vent. I've said a few things a time or too that I'm sure are similar.
Phew! I'm tired. I love the burning and destruction in this post. I can imagine if feels REALLY good! In need to try this technique out for myself. (I was thinking that you might become a pyro, though. So, I'm glad you clarified!) LOVE the snow man too! I want to hang with you guys!
Yeah...Pretty much love that you post your life like I do. MORE pictures the better!! You are better at giving some explanation--but love it!! Glad to see the pics of these stories I have heard! Glad the crib axing got on film!! PRICELESS!
Come. Home. Now. This post makes me want to hang out together beyond words. First of all thanks for the thanks. The birthday card was the best one I could find for MY girl. Also, I love the plethora of pictures and especially the snow in your new back yard. Sigh. But honestly, please come home for Christmas! I need a Scott & Megan fix.
Megan I love you so much! I love that you married the perfect person for you! I love that he got an ax and you 2 went to town on those cribs good for both of you! I bet that felt so good.
You and your family are so adorable! You are one of the most amazing people I have ever known!
So funny! It was great to see you guys the other night..we should do that more often :)
Right the freak on!! I love that you axed the cribs and burnt the letter!! It's totally taking control of things!! Good fresh start (though I do miss seeing your smiling faces around here) You go!! :)
Post a Comment