I love that song by Sting!
So, as of this moment (because things change with us usually by the day) the following is a fact:
*I am living with this SMALL pituitary brain tumor, which shouldn't cause me problems and we will follow up with my neurosurgeon annually. Removal would be worse than just "waiting and seeing what happens." We are totally resolved with this.
*The pituitary gland controls: estrogen, progesterone, cortisol, adrenaline, growth hormone, and thyroid. After 23 vials of blood, only the thyroid was abnormal--this is awesome news! After hearing what could have been the case...huzzatch...I am lucky!
*They found a 90% cancerous growth on my thyroid gland. It is "small enough to not worry too much about, for now." I see this specialist again in December (to discuss a biopsy)--thyroid medication taken daily until then (no big deal).
*The growth on my thyroid has NOTHING to do with the pituitary tumor, the doctor said, and I quote, "You have some shitty luck." You don't say...
*During the process of an eye exam, to make sure the tumor was not pressing on my optic nerve (which it isn't--hooray), they discovered that I am a "glaucoma suspect." WTF...I just turned 37 not 97! Once again, just watch and follow it. It's easy to treat if you catch it early, otherwise you go blind. Good to know.
*We showed our house last night and they made an offer. We accepted it and looks like we will leave our house in about 30-40 days.
THAT IS AS OF THIS VERY SECOND...BUT YA NEVER KNOW, TOMORROW IS THE "STARTING OF A BRAND NEW DAY!"
14 comments:
Hey you, I have been wondering what the docs said. It sounds like you have some great specialists who will keep on top of this stuff. I can't believe your house! Well I can believe it, because it is such a great house...When are you moving in with us!?:) I love you tons.
Ah Megs, the queen, I love your guts. Not so much your shitty luck. Smooch!
Hurray for the update on your lives! Lots of good news/bad news- glad "luck" was on your side with such a QUICK sale of the house- I'm sure Alicia would appreciate you sending that her way now... Where to now??
Hey Megan this Diana I use to work with your sis Mindy. We have meet a few times! I am so sorry for your crapy luck! But yea for having a "good" day! I wanted to tell you that if you have to get your thyroid out you should talk to Dr Kip Robbins. He took mine out and he is amazing. My scare is so tiny. I pray that you have more great days:)
Dude, what the hell??? I don't understand. But I love you two with EVERY FIBER OF MY BEING!!! :)
I'm glad things aren't worse for you! Not that it is going well or anything. The Thyroid problems don't sound too good. As for the Glaucoma, if you ever need drops, Lumagin along with my daughter's other 2 meds work great and you will never have to wear mascara again! Not too bad a trade off for using eye drops everyday for the rest of your life. It can even happen to babies! Good luck with the house!
You gotta love Sting and I love your "Brand New Day" attitude. Thanks for the update! What a relief to know that (for the moment)your thyroid is your most imminent medical concern. As for the selling of your home, I know that it is a good thing to sell it right away but it still stinks and makes me sad. I love your house but I love you more and hopefully this will help. You and Scott will make your next house a home as well.
Amen to everything that's already been said. I love you guys so much and do I dare say that things must be getting better? No--I don't dare say it yet. :)
Keep me in the loop. I think you all the time.
I guess I should be paying attention to that song! Nothing sucks worse than living on pins and needles to check on the next something. These kinds of drs visits aren't something ya look forward to, unless all of a sudden over a couple months time they disappear! Which I sure hope they do!
I'm happy and sad about the offer! I'm happy if this is what's really best for you guys but I can't imagine not running down every now and then with a little somethin! Please bring the boys by anytime!
I do love that song!!You guys are great!! I think about you all the time!! I so hope that your shitty luck goes away!! Here is to a brand new day!!
Yay! I'm so glad that you are off those hideous meds. I still haven't talked to my friend, but we're playing phone tag. I did see a whole interesting segment on Dr. Oz yesterday about Thyroid Cancer. He said 97% of the cases were curable and showed a bunch of objects that were different sizes to show the stages. Yours is half as small as the stage 1 item which was 1 cm!!! You are going to rock this...and you'll get those eyes and head checked out once a year and catch any new developments fast.
After all the texts, emails and blog posts I still don't know why you are selling your house?
Mega-Moo how I love you!!! I just want to be there to give you the biggest squeeze ever. I will be in Utah for 3 weeks over the holidays so I HAD better see you then.
Hang in there, you are always in my prayers. LOVE YOU!!!
I would have told the Dr. who told me I had shitty luck, was "No Shit, Sherlock". WOW! Just get all the drama out now and in the golden years life will be easy breezy!
Oh sweetie when it rains it pours. I am soooooooo sorry for all this hard news. The good news is that it sounds like you have a great Dr who is really on top of it and that is a blessing. I love you!
Post a Comment