It's official! We sold our home. Yes, many mixed emotions, but I am dwelling on the positive ones. Scott and I get to have a fresh start somewhere else! It will be closer to the airport where Scott can fly and we have managed to almost fit our lives into a tough shed! That has been a huge accomplishment and makes me feel so clean and organized...ya know? We have sold a lot of items on ksl and are going to have a ginorgantic garage sale in the next couple of weeks. I'll post an announcement. I'm no "bragger" but we have some nice shiz that we are pretty much giving away. It's going to be a "name your price" garage sale...or "all a dollar at the the Lee house" garage sale kind of a thing. Just ask Jared and Nicole Bearss, they were SO helpful this past weekend and got a sneak peak at our disaster we call a home. We're at the point that we have kind of gone through most of the stuff and now can start actually relocating the items. We have had three piles: one that goes with us to our adorable, new place, one that goes to the storage tough shed, and one that goes to the garage sale and then on to DI. Isn't it amazing, or rather, BEYOND amazing how much shiz one can collect over 7 years? I mean, seriously?! What the gug?
We bought our awesome house 7 years ago with a plan to furnish it and raise 3 kids in it. Well, we did the furnishing part and then, well, you know how the story goes. It's been great when we have had company. I have loved having space for my Pops and Mama Lee. I know when I go visit somewhere I love having my own bathroom and bed (something other than a couch--OK, I sound like a snot...Alicia, I would totally sleep on optimus and be grateful!) but I have liked being a hostess with space to share. I remember when Michelle was preparing to get married, we had Scott's parents, his grandma, Nannybelle, his cousin, Amber (who was just passing through), and his two little brothers Brett and Matt. 8 people in the house and we had plenty of room. I loved that, except for that teensy, weensy problem of the air conditioner going out in July...whoops...that was a nightmare. Don't worry, I stayed home missed Michelle going through the temple, paid (I originally spelled paid, payed and when I re-read it I was horrified that a. spell check didn't pick up on it, and b. Alicia and Michelle probably thought I was stupid) through the nose on a weekend to get a new a/c motor and sat with a shirtless Brett and Matt in the sweltering heat until we were smart enough to leave the house and go to Dairy Queen, where we sat for at least an hour eating strawberry cheesequake blizzards. (That was probably a run-on sentence).
Anywho, my posts will be limited in the next little while. We have to be out by the end of the month-ish, so I am madly packing and trying to figure things out in my head (that always is cause for alarm) so blogging is not the top of my list, but there is the latest. Next post will be for our glorious garage sale...I mean please tell me that everyone hates moving!!!
18 comments:
Yes. Moving is the worst. It always takes way longer than you think. "This should only take me about an hour to go through this box...." 2 hours later you are on the same box. It sucks! I bet it feels good though. Cleansing almost. Good luck!!!
I hate, hate, double hate moving.
Please call if you need anything. Even if it's just a coke run. You know I love a coke run.
Optimus rocks.
So do you.
So does Gavin.
...
But can you please tell the crib and the axe story on your blog too? It's so frickin' awesome.
Everyone hates moving! Good luck. What is ksl?
Wow, your house sold quick that's so awesome/sad! We'll miss you guys in the ward!
"Moving Day!" always reminds me of that scene from The Secret of Nimh" when the little family of mice have to relocate in order to avoid being annihilated by the oncoming tractor. Scary stuff, and sometimes it kind of feels that way for humans too! Actually, I hate to move OUT but love moving IN. Everything starts out clean and has its special spot. Call me crazy but a fresh start is (big word for the day) cathartic.
Um, got any couches? I mean, ones that aren't 20+ years old and don't match? Cause we could use one of those. :D
I can feel your pain...literally. All the emotions on top of all the packing, sorting, etc, is enough to make you lose it! Trust me, I did. It's good to look at all the positives and know that this is just a stepping stone. I love you. I wish I was helping you pack... I am really good at it now:) I can't wait to hear about and see your new place. I'm sure it will be perfect. It's amazing how you realize you can live in and with so much less. 123
That was SO fast! Sad, but such a blessing that it actually sold. I hate that you are having to go through all this stress... let us know when the garage sale is!
I know how much you guys love your house so I can imagine how hard it is to leave it. But I'm sure you will love your new place and will be just as happy their because you are together. Good luck with everything!
Amen to that title. 7 years in one place though? That is amazing. We've managed 11 moves in our 11 years...
How nice to have been able to house so many though! I imagine all the relatives are hoping your new place still has an extra bed:)
Sweet muffin, I am sorry you have to leave your home but with Scotty, any place you live will be home. You are still on the VIP list for the Christmas shindig so just becasue you are moving 40 miles north, doesn't mean you get out of it! Love your guts and if you have a large dresser for sale, I WANT IT FIRST! So don't let anyone get it before me! =)
I know EXACTLY how you feel TIMES 5 hahahaha I HATE MOVING WITH THE PASSION it never gets easier only harder cause you get more stuff I HATE IT!!!!
Do you really understand how I feel about moving well I will tell you one more time!!!
I F-ING HATE IT!!!! HAHAHAHAHA
Oh, my love. Yes, moving blows -- for oh so many reasons. Like I told you a week or two ago, I refused to do so two years ago! I'm just glad it's all working out this well for you guys. Love you! (Don't have queen headboard, do you?)
MOVING SUCKS! But I have to say that I actually enjoy change. It always challenges me and brings me back to the basics in life...family, spirituality, etc. What can I do to help you guys???
I hated moving before I had a kid.......now I actually fear it!! There is so much crap, and too many cupboards to fill, that shouldn't ever have to be emptied! You need to let us help!! You know we have a big trailer that Travis will only use for a small select list......which you are on! Let us know. We WANT to be there!
Love you guys! You two are some of my favorites!!! Hang in there! I wish I was closer to help. I seriously would drop anything to help ya! Love you, Larabelle :)
I do! What I hate more is that you are moving! What can I help you with? I can move my arm now. XOXO
I'm bummed you guys are leaving!! Let me know if there's anything I can help with :)
Post a Comment