Monday, August 16, 2010

Stuff

I was so excited to watch my niece on TV. Scott and I had a great time watching it together at our house while we both have not been feeling very well. Who doesn't need the flu on top of a brain tumor? I love my life (said with as much sarcasm as you POSSIBLY imagine!!!). When I talked to Caroline, she said that some of her scenes had apparently been cut out--but I told her that didn't matter! She was awesome! Today she is in LA apparently trying out for the role of a young Reese Witherspoon. It's with Owen Wilson and Jack Nicholson too. Well, alrighty then! She tried out 2 weeks ago for a film with Ashley Judd and Harry Connick Jr. She's made it pretty far with the tryouts, so we'll see. If she gets that role, she'll need to spend 10 weeks in New York. My sister was worried about what she would do if that was the case--UM HELLO, I told her I would become Nanny McPhee and sacrifice 10 weeks of hanging out with my 9 year old niece in NYC. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for totally selfish reasons!
Follow up to the ol' brain mass--I think Scott and I are really leaning toward brain surgery. We have consults with someone at the U of U, a specialist in Houston is reviewing my films, and I put in a call to the old Alma Mater, The Mayo Clinic, and have some doctor friends helping me with some names of good doctors here in the west, etc. So that should be fun (once again, imagine me saying that while rolling my eyes repeatedly!). I am doing OK, but it has gotten old FAST. I went to church yesterday for about 2 hours and all but felt like I was gonna die. I miss church--I haven't been to my ward for weeks, possibly a couple of months! Today, to feel like I was alive, I took the furry kids for a ride in the car. Quite possibly their favorite thing in the WHOLE world. During our drive I swear a tsunami hit our little Lehi. Good gosh, I was driving through a flash flood--but don't worry Frank still had his head out the window feeling the wind, and now rain, on his face! They crack me up! Simple pleasures in life!
Today marks 2 months since Matty has been on his mission and to be honest, I wish it was 2 years! I adore that little brother of mine! We email and it has been so much fun to know that it's just us talking to each other--ya know? He sounds so great in his emails and it's fun to get to know him on a different level.
VERY exciting update, I know.

11 comments:

Rachel said...

I hope Caroline gets the part so you can go to NYC for a while. You deserve it. Oh- and I love ya. Just thought you should know!

The Payne Family said...

Oh shoot! I missed you yesterday at church. I'm glad you were there, though. How is the house thing going? And that is awesome about your niece... so fun! :)

Laurel said...

Alright, I think maybe Jason and I should bring Isabel over with us and watch it on your DVR??? Eh? Good deal. It's on. And yes, you should DEFINITELY "accompany" cute little Caroline in NYC if you get the chance!!!

J♥M said...

Next time, just bring your furry kids right on over! I can just picture the scene of the boys with their heads out the windows in the freakin rain! LOL!
I sure hope you get to go to NY with Caroline!
I'm praying for the best to work out with the best doctors so that you're in good hands! I can't imagine how all this must feel! Luv ya!

Denise said...

We watched for her! Was she the one in the mall that asked what the fake me out badges were?

If she ends up in NYC, you will have to tell me because I can hook you up with a friend who is in the biz. I just saw her on tv doing a Mederma comercial and her girls have been in some stuff. She had a stint on Dateline too. How fun for you! I think she would be a GREAT little Reese!

I'm so sorry that you are not feeling well. This just sucks! i wish I could come out there and give you a giant hug. Check with Johns Hopkins in Baltimore too re: the surgery. How great would it be to get it out and not have to deal with this stuff anymore. A sucky recovery and scary surgery, but to have it gone! Wow. I have been wanting to send you something. But, ever since I saw the creative things your friends have sent, i can't think of anything to top it...I'm boring but I adore you. Hang in there...more prayers are coming from this side of the country, pronto!

Markelle said...

dude, how cool is that?! I just watched that trailer its called 'How do you know?' (I think) anyhoo, it was good seeing you, we think you guys are pretty rad...

ClinTeeny said...

Hey, just thought we drop a line on the old blog. It was good seeing Scott yesterday. You guys are amazing people, regardless of how you feel. Seriously inspiring seeing all that you've been through and your attitude towards it all. Thanks for that. We think of you all the time and hope that all goes well with Mr. Tumor, stupid jack-wagon anyways. Take care!

Mendy said...

Caroline is Hilarious....Wish you would have been at the REd Carpet party it was a blast!!!! Love ya so much and miss you guys too.....Hope you can start feeling better you know Sea World is in October....

Tara said...

NYC or bust! If she gets the parts tell her I will be her body guard so I can go too! =)

Stephanie said...

So exciting for your niece! We dont have disney so we will hopefully watch it on on demand the next time we are at Grandmas!

I am so sorry to hear that you are sick. I love you so much!

Stephanie said...

How awesome would that be for Caroline!!! Totally amazing. Surgery sounds like a lot of fun... ok only kind of fun. Glad your car didn't get swept away in the rain storm, it was pretty hard for a bit!