I was wondering why August 15 sounded familiar and today I realized that August 15, 1995 was the day I first went through an LDS temple. (15 years ago, are you kidding me? I'm only 20 years old, so I don't know how that math works out.) I went through the Provo temple and will treasure that day and that temple, forever. I attended the temple in preparation for serving a mission.I wanted to get married in the Provo temple but Scott put the kabash on that, saying he didn't want a bunch of missionaries (it's right next to the Missionary Training Center) staring at me and being jealous...I was flattered!:)
I recently inherited my grandmother Tueller's white dress she wore to the temple. I am so excited to wear that and have that little piece of family with me forever. I love family tradition and nostalgia. I would love to pass that dress on to a daughter, but oh well...maybe a niece!
6 comments:
I think that it's so cool you inherited your grandmother's special dress! What a treasure!
I love that you have your grandma's dress. I love that I've got my mom's and that my Nannie made it for her.
You rock.
I love that temple too. I don't care what anyone says.
I love this! How special to have your grandma's dress. I don't remember much of my first time going through the temple, but I DO remember the date, too.
Did you know that my dad wanted to be married in the Provo Temple like you, but my mom said no? I've always liked that he wanted to get married there...
Ahh that's sweet. I inherited my great-grand mothers blessing dress...I was actually blessed in it. I always wanted to use it for my kids...maybe Austin won't mind??
I want inherited stuff! (What was she buried in then, FMI?)
I'm just getting around to peeking at some past blog posts. Did you know that I also went through the Provo temple for the first time? Dave wanted to be married there and I said NO since at that time I felt that the Mesa Arizona temple was the only true temple on the face of the earth, thank you very much. But Provo is special. I went there on Thursday, April 20 and got married in Mesa on Tuesday, April 25. Happy memories.
Post a Comment