Sarah Carter was blessed 8.8.10. It was a lot of fun to have the Lees in town (and my proxy family, the Carters).

Scott loves his Jake and Sarah!

I tried to get some pictures before the event instead of after, so she was "bibbed" as to prevent any spit-up getting on the blessed, blessing dress. I did perhaps save the day when I caught,
with my own hands some spit-up to guard THE dress. Well, and since I just can't be everywhere, the one time I was away from Alicia and Sarah in another car, Sarah did manage to projectile down the front of the dress. Crisis was handled with style by Alicia and those amazing handy-wipe thingies!

And for my favorite part...the"rumba bumba underpants!" That's what my mom always called the frilly diaper cover ups. THIS one, however, is with vintage rose buds--5 rows to be exact. Scott said it looked like Sarah pooped a beautiful bouquet of flowers! Don't think for a second, that those little booties didn't each have a rosette too!

I love this picture of Blaine's mom, Alicia's mom, Alicia and the babe! How cute is this?

If you were wondering, Alicia
is holding a real baby. Chubby Sarah looks like a porcelain doll here. If you haven't noticed already, Sarah is THE SPITTING IMAGE of Blaine. There was a time I was holding Sarah and for a brief moment wondered why I was bouncing Blaine on my knee...hmm...

Proof that we were there. I was so glad that this day was actually a day I was semi-functioning with my brain appendage.

Mama Lee was bouncing Sarah while we were sitting around talking, and suddenly Sarah just slumped over asleep. We got a hearty chuckle out of this!

I mean TOTALLY asleep!

Poor Mama Lee's arm was asleep after supporting the weight of this quickly growing little missy!
It was a great event. The highlight being the corn on the cob, er, I mean the blessing! The food was spectacular, the company divine, and the story of Brett and the drop off of the dead body was worth waiting for Brad to tell it!
9 comments:
YESSSS!!! I love that we totally posted at the same time. I'm kind of jealous that you got pictures of shtuff BESIDES the posed family photos! I love you and am serious about wanting to come hang out. (Especially now that I have a damn vermin roaming my house...)
I love checking in and catching up on all your do, and how you're feeling. I wanted to talk to you on Sunday and totally thought you were going to teach so I was waiting til the end so we could jabber away... I was wrong... :/ I love you Megs
Dude. I can't believe that two of my sisters posted my kid's blessing before me. I suck. You rock. But we already knew that. :)
Do I dare ask how much that dress was?! Oh it is amazing!!! The little rumba bumba diaper pants are soooo stinkin cute. I will be showing this little dress off to everyone! Can't wait to see you this weekend. I really wish you could have come down for the "party" last weekend. We missed you!
I can't even imagine all the fun you must have had! Like I've said before... fun is wherever YOU are! So happy to hear you saved the beautiful dress!
I so want a girl so I can put on of those diaper things on a cute little rump! Jealousy is overtaking me!!!!!
Hi Megan, This post is making me excited because I'm thinking were having a girl! Wish you were here so I could know for sure!!! I emailed you but I'm not sure I had the right email so now you'll have to give me your correct one. Miss you tons!
What a sweet little baby! Way to save the day! lol! I'm beyond words to hear from Katie about some your more recent trials. Gosh Megs! I know this doesn't change a darn thing for you, but know that I love you and pray for you and truly treasure our friendship. xoxo, Ash
So fun! Those r the cutest underpants I have ever seen!
Post a Comment