August 21, 1980
Enter:
David Scott Lee
I was looking through Scott's baby book yesterday. It took a lot of cheek biting to not just sit down and openly cry! Scott's mom, DeAnn did the greatest job documenting for his baby book. Seriously, I want to pause on that for a bit...Mama Lee, I love you! Thank you for having this sweet little boy, who turned into such a handsome, kind man! I worried that one day I would feel like I stole him from you, but instead I feel like I have been "stolen" by you into the greatest family! Thank you for Scott, and thank you for letting me have YOU, too!

Scotty's first picture from the hospital! Look at all that unruly hair--still standing straight up today!

Blessing day with DeAnn's parents, Larry and Donnabelle Kempton.

Blessing day with Dave's parents, John Arthur and step-mom Jean. (Dave's mother, Margaret, passed away when Dave was about 25 or 26. His memories of her are one of the most precious things I have EVER heard him speak out loud! Side note: I would love to have twin girls and name them Victoria and Margaret)

I absolutely love that most of Scotty's pictures include his 18 month older sister, the one and only, Alicia!

I love this picture. I think this is Uncle Steve holding him?

Halloween is a hilarious time for adults, but poor wee ones (as seen in Scott's face) think WTH?

I love this picture! It is Scott out on his first fathers and sons camp out with his pops! It is so dear to me that Dave went out camping with this little monster! Scott was the only boy for 8 years.

Oh ya, we have these lederhosen saved up for a special day! In fact, Leesh, if you wanna cute picture of Jake...
Nanny and Papa brought them back from Germany for Scotty.

This picture is my favorite one, hands down! When I first saw this picture, I found myself in stitches! He was suave and charming from the beginning!

Scott has always been so athletic and CAN DO ANYTHING!!! I mean anything! He is so talented. I have seriously never seen him come across ANYTHING he can't do, and do well--drawing, building, creating, driving with Alicia (invinsible), painting, sports, dancing, kissing...I'll stop there!

This picture is especially precious to me, for personal reasons. Let's just say, Mama Lee, THIS is a variation of one of the 3 I saw in Hawaii that day.

I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE that Scott is surrounded by three sisters! I owe them so much!!! Scott has one older sister, Alicia, and two younger sisters, Laurel and Michelle. They prepared him for all things "girl" so much, that he makes a
great husband!

I heart the Melody Makers! Scotty was a part of this singing group that his mother so capably directed!

This was the year Scott was "Maverick" from
Top Gun for Halloween...little did he know that I looked like Kelly McGillis (for real) at the same time. I, however, was in high school.

This picture is adorable to me! Scott has just gotten Lazer Tag for Christmas and look how sneaky and excited he looks! I also LOVE Dave's face. He is so genuinely thrilled about how excited his son is over this gift! *sniff, sniff*

The obligatory "first day of school" photo! Once again, Scotty was always having a good time and smiling like he was up to something!

And Scott, as the "Ladies' Man," began!
I love August 21; it is my favorite day of the year!
I love you Scotty!
1234 eva!
T.
16 comments:
Oh man, I'm never the first to comment... I'm feeling a lot of pressure! Thanks for taking me down memory lane; I love my big brother and I love that you love my big brother! He was seriously the cutest kid and has become such an amazing adult. Happy birthday Scott!
Now will you pu-lease post your Kelly McGillis photo so we can get a pedophile visual ? :)
Awww! I hope you guys have a great time celebrating today! Happy Birthday Scott!
First of all, you DEFINITELY need to name some twins Victoria and Margaret!!! I think both names are absolutely beautiful.
I love all of these photos and memories you've posted here. :) I know, I know -- "Scott never had an ugly phase"... He was seriously adorable and has always been such a good big brother. He is so lucky to have a wife who adores him the way you do.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO SCOTTY!!!
Scotty boy-you must have been pretty great in the pre-existence to never have an ugly pic and have a hottie wife. Happy Birthday, young blood!
What an awesome post Megan! Those are awesome pictures and stories. Hopefully we'll see you guys at the park later!
okay, the suit picture with his leg crossed is AWE-some. I love looking at old pictures, so thanks for sharing!
Happy Birthday Scott!
Love it! I could look through old pics forever!! Happy Birthday Scotty!!
Happy happy birthday, Scotty. I know he is my little brother, but I don't ever call him that. I feel like we were always the same and I love that. Seriously, Scott-- you are such a good man. I am lucky to be related to you.
Megan, I am lucky to have you as my sister. Thank you for choosing my brother. It has made me so, so happy. I don't even want to think about how much I would have hated some other lame girl as Scotty's wife. Nope--it's always been you.
You guys rock. I can't wait to see you both tomorrow.
BTW, I am bringing a squash casserole.
I LOVE that first photo. What an expression for such a little guy! I love Scott and I barely know him, but he seems to be the light for you and that makes him one of my favs.
btw - you look HOT in this picture in Panguitch, which I am just seeing now.
btw2 - what happened to you last night?
Happy Birthday Scotty!!!! Hope you had a good day!!!!
Awesome pictures. You are a fantastic blogger.
Happy Birthday Scott!
Happy Birthday, Scott! How I love these pics! A walk down memory lane. I love the pics of Nannie and Papa..and all of the 4 kids when they were so little. These kids were mine for so long...proxy kids...since I didn't have any for such a long time. I'll treasure the memories always!!!! Scott definately was the cutest kid ever! I've always wanted to have a boy that looked just like him! He was just plain COOL from the begining! Thanks for being so good to him Megan! We all love you both so much! Hope to see you soon! Larabelle :)
This sentimental fool is crying like a baby right now. Thanks for this post about my boy and thanks for loving him the way you do. Scott is and always has been destined for something great. You are a part of that! I love my Scott and I love my Megan. Thanks.
Happy Birthday Scott! Great pictures!
Megs....my son Brandon is older than your husband!!! I could be his mother..... Oh my!! But he is a keeper and I am so glad you have him to make your world so happy. ALways a bright spot .... and a happy place when the other tough things get you down. Happy BDay Scottie and love you Megs!!!
Those pics are priceless! He was...I mean....is....adorable! Welcome to the 30's club, Scott!
Post a Comment