...gonna make it, gonna make it, gonna make it" and WHACK!, pulled back to the brick wall! played out by Steve Martin in The Three Amigos.
So plan B blows as well. Ha ha. I am laughing as much as possible but also wanting to get my Dewalt drill from the garage and make a nice, small hole in my cranium and release some pressure. Is that a little extreme? Anyone that has experienced pain for long periods of time, has got to know how much it wears on you in every way; physically (obviously) but mostly emotionally and mentally. Pain is a funny and very interesting sh*tstorm!
Here is my thought on the whole thing. What if I just stopped the treatments of medication? I mean if the tumor is too small to operate on, then so what if it grows a little bit eh? I'm not sure what will happen next. I am staying on this $%^&* medication still for now and will re-evaluate AGAIN in about a week. It seems it goes in a specific cycle. I take the med at night and then can't sleep that night, when I finally do fall asleep, I dream VERY strange things. I wake up with an incredible headache that gets worse as the day goes on, and spend day 1 in my Joey. All the blinds are drawn, the a/c is cranked and I try to watch TV WITH my sunglasses on (ya, you should see me!) and with the sound on mute. My ears ring and I can't move my head even side to side without feeling like I'm gonna tip over. It always reminds me of the old Tom and Jerry cartoons when poor Tom (the cat) gets hit in the head and his eyes spin around in his head like a slot machine, and then finally settle in their place. That is the only explanation that makes perfect sense to me. Then the fatigue kicks in and I can't stay awake. Day 2 is spent in the bathroom expelling everything from every orifice possible. I eat those small oyster crackers--like mini saltines--and sip sprite zero. I am always fascinated with how you can keep expelling shtuff from your body when you don't even eat anything! Hmmm. The nausea and stomach pains really suck. Day 3, I'm just exhausted from dealing with the previous 2 days. I slowly start to function, including a lovely shower and finally being able to wash my hair without making my headache worse and totally impossible to endure. THEN it's time to take another dose of cabergoline and start the 3 day cycle all over again! Here's an interesting fact: pituitary tumors are one of the leading causes of infertility! Are you $%^& kidding me?
**I am sure that each of you was dying to know those details!*
We have had two people walk through our house already and it's moving fast:(. I LOVE MY HOME. Oh well, nothing I can do, right? C'est la vie--direct translation from French to English is, "It is life."
12 comments:
MAN! I'm so sorry Megan!! (I know that's not what you're looking for, but that's all I got right now...I'll let you know if I come up with something better). But hey, it's gotta be some sort of consolation to know that the infertility had a source...right? No? Okay, I'll get back to you...you're in our prayers!!
What the? Megan there's always something going on! I really, really hope you start feeling better soon. You will be in our prayers also!
Sounds like a 3 day belly ache for sure to me! Why the devil would you want to continue this cycle?!?!?! Call Holmes. Or bettere yet let's drive to sturgis start our own rally and do run off and get matching tats that say F it all. Too much.....I didn't think so.
Your are my HERO! I'm positive I couldn't endure even a little bit of what you continue to edure daily. Tons of prayers continue to heading your way from us. There has got to be light at the end of your extreamly long tunnel... right? Love you!
Sheesh! I had no idea... I was just touched by your kind post on my blog, and wandered your way to see what was new, and I don't like what I am seeing!
I know you have probably heard it from everyone, but I am sorry. This sucks. If it helps you at all, I must tell you that you inspire me. I am so glad you have your sweet husband and big, awesome family around you!
I am thinking of you and praying for you!!!
xoxo
I just read all about what's been going on with you and I wanted to say I'm so so sorry. I wish I had words of encouragement but I don't. It's just the shits! And I'm sorry. Please let me know if you need anything ever. I'm home all day! Good luck and I hope you find something that will work...fast.
The drill sounds fantastic-I think the same thing when I have migraines 6-7 days a month. I'm sure it does not compare but I empathsize. Loved the Tom example. Hope it all clears up in a week. Still no meals????? What is a blasted Mormon supposed to do when we can't make a meal???? Guess I need to start finding another cause to cook for....
Geez, Megan. I could tell the toll this is taking on you when we visited the other day, and I am amazed when you go through the specifics like this. Just SO MUCH nobody out of the situation (mainly EVERYONE you know) doesn't ever consider. I'm sorry, my lovey.
At least you look kickass with your sunglasses indoors. ;)
Oh Megs. This blows big time.
I'm so sorry. I don't get it.
But I'm with Laurel... only the coolest badasses wear sunglasses inside.
Does this mean you're not going to the game tomorrow night? I was really hoping we'd see you there. Can we bring something by?
argggg. take it easy.
Where is Dr. McDreamy when we need him. He can operate on anything. I think that dang tumor needs to come out! I hate that you are going through this. I wish there was something more they were doing to make you feel better!
Holy crap. I haven't clicked on the blog in awhile since I'm in Montana and internet speed is basically like dial up AOL. Anyways. I lay off for awhile and you get a tumor!?
Ya know how Mormons always say, "He won't give you anything more than you can handle."? Well that's a load of garbage. I guess I feel better about it when you say He won't give you anything more than you can handle if you turn to Him for help. So, dude. You must be the most spiritual person on the whole planet.
Love you guys. You're in our prayers. We'll put your name in the Billings templo tonight. There's only like 11 other names on there, so if He's going down the list of who to help, he'll get to you pretty dang quick. :)
Post a Comment