So, ya know, I was just hanging out feeling like total %^&*, when all of the sudden I had a burst of energy and felt like I had instantly transformed into myself. Holy crap! I got off the couch and walked 15 minutes on the treadmill. I walked slowly, but wanted to feel like I was alive and moving. I then took a shower and I felt like a dream! But then I got a little dizzy, my head started feeling pressure and I almost pooped my pants. LOL! *WAY TOO MUCH INFO, but this medication wreaks havoc on the gastrointestinal system* But wow those 30 minutes of "myself" felt fantabulous! I have decided to just push through the pain. When I get any kind of feeling of "good," I'm taking advantage of it. Don't be surprised if you see me riding my bike around the neighborhood and then possibly just stopping by the side of the road to vomit. Enough is enough--I can't spend another day like this. I am planning on going to a Bees baseball game tonight, courtesy of Blaine and Alicia. I will just wear a hat, my sunglasses, and some ear plugs. I already asked Alicia and there is a bathroom near the suite. How funny. As a side note, I love my sister Alicia. I can just feel comfortable to out of the blue text her and say hey, I wanna come to the game but I'm afraid of throwing up or pooping my pants, so is there a bathroom nearby? I mean, that is a true friend. Another fantacular sister is Laurel. I actually let her in my house! She and Jason came by (along with Isabel) and it really was a nice pick-me-up. Thanks again Laurel. She brought a seriously perfect "Megan" bouquet of flowers and some chocolate covered raisins. It was fun to see Izzy interact with the big F'er and the 'lil man B. She was a brave little Missy and the boys LOVED her. Before she left, she voiced her want of a "little Isabel door" like the one we have. AKA the dog door.....LOLOL! I love, love watching little people interact with my furry kids.
Funny story, last night I was reading Tara's comment about bringing us food and thought it was funny as hell so I read it to Scott. I was laughing and then asked him, "We're doing OK aren't we? We don't need any meals do we?" As I said that I turned to look at him and he was there holding a cookie sheet that had a handful of tortilla chips sprinkled with melted cheese. His response was "Oh, I think we're doing great, these chips are really filling for tonight!" His sarcasm was kindly hidden, however, when we looked at each other, we started laughing so hard! Here we are dealing with a brain tumor and other things I can't even explain and all we could do was laugh. SO, long story short, if anyone is BORED TO TEARS, you are more than welcome to bring a small meal for us. Mainly for my sweet Scotty! I have been eating rice and saltine crackers and certainly have not been cooking for my poor husband. Thanks Tara for the love. NOW having said that, please do not feel obligated to do anything!
Another update...we got an offer on our house last night that sounded good and is on it's way to getting approved. WHAT THE HELL? Our fantastic realtor (Ben Beesley) was surprised that it was so fast (um, 5 days), but thinks we can delay until October-ish. Mother trucker! I am in denial and sick about this. I am so home-bound that I have been able to sit and enjoy my house, since I'm not working. The furry kids have the dog door to come and go and I just love the layout, the location, etc. It's MINE. We are the original owners and have decorated and done to this house what screams "us!" Scott moved in the end of November 2003, and lived here until we married the next February 2004, and then I moved in. So many newlywed and other memories. It has been hard because I'm not leaving on "my" terms. Ya know? If it was up to me, I would stay here forever. If we had a job somewhere else, or were moving to relocate for something, it would be different. But I just feel like I'm being forced. I'm trying not to fight it, but it does make me sad.
Because I have been confined to my house:) I have been living through this lovely laptop! Checking in on blogs I haven't looked at forever, and emailing friends that always cheer me up. So this play-by-play of my life is SO therapeutic for me, however, I always forget that this journal of mine is on the world wide web!
9 comments:
I just sit here and cry real for freakin real tears every update! I can't even bring myself to go down that beautiful street to see the sign out front! And already an offer! I sure hope October comes slowly! Very slowly! Life here in the Loch won't ever be the same! I'm some what in denial and telling myself that this isn't happening. I'm glad that you do have some happy memories here!
XOXO
Meg. I love you. I am so sorry you are having to endure this. This is awful. Physical pain AND emotional pain all smooshed into one freaking long, never ending cycle. What can I do? I'm at a loss. I wish it could end for you right now. Just STOP. You are on the verge of being translated, I'm sure of it!
NOOOO! You sold your house ALREADY! I'm so sad but I know change is inevitable. We will definitely miss you! I love your updates so keep em comin! And have fun at the bees game!! :) Oh how I love baseball!!
Meg man I am so so so sorry I don't live closer to you I would cook for you guys and do what ever I could to help....Hope to see you this weekend if not we totally understand...Love ya girl
Holy CRAP, Megan! I kind of can't believe you ALREADY have an offer on its way! While it will be sad and suck balls to have to say goodbye when the time comes, that is seriously amazing that it is all going so smoothly so far. (Hey, we need to accept a BREAK for you two however it comes, right?!!) I'm super bummed I won't see you tonight (damn work...), but I love you and love that you actually enjoyed our little visit. See you soon, lovey!!!
It is so sad that you don't want to move, but I'm happy that you received an offer so quickly. I hope this will ease some of your burdens to help you through this tough time. My townhome is up for rent, but I’m sure you don’t want to be all the way up in North Ogden!
Hope you didn't feel good enough to wash your hair!! Glad you got a MOMENT of yourself! I am doing dinner tomorrow!! (Friday) Loves!!
I have been missing you, so thanks for the update, but mostly thanks for the kind words about me... I don't do enough for you, so thanks for telling us all what we can do. Sounds like you're covered on meals for tonight, but what about tomorrow (Sat.)? I'm on it... let me know.
As for your energy bursts--I'm so glad they are starting to come. I'm happy you are feeling more like yourself. I know a little how that feels and it feels great.
I'm so sorry about your house. But, like Laurel said, it's kind of a crappy blessing isn't it? Well, rest assured knowing that wherever you go, you'll surly make it "yours".
I love you, sister. You rock!
I'm on the meal train....what are you in the mood for??? Mexican, Indian, Italian, Swedish? J/K about the Swedish...don't know how to make schniztel or whatever they eat...but I'm ON IT!
Post a Comment