YES, my parents SHARE a birthday. Isn't that funny? They are 8 years apart but both born on May 4. As a small child, I thought that is how you found someone to marry; they had your same birthday!

Check this out! All because 2 people fell in love...and we're even missing 2 brothers and 2 grandkids!



My parents do most everything together. They love to sing and perform. That's actually how they met. My father was with Janie Thompson creating the now Young Ambassador group and they were looking for a good headliner that people would know. Well, low and behold, while my dad was watching the Miss America Pageant, Miss Washington DC (my mom) was billed as being from BYU. My dad saw my mom sing and dance and said out loud, "I'm going to marry that girl." My mother was first runner-up to Miss America (hello! cool!) and was a great headliner for a little group from BYU called Curtain Time USA. They toured the world and my parents fell in love during that time. All their dating stories consist of Japan, India, Hong Kong, Europe, etc. Lots of really cool stuff.

Happy birthday mom and dad! Thanks for being such great parents and examples! I love you both so very much!
8 comments:
Happy Birthday to two wonderful people! I'm so lucky to have met them too!!!! xoxoxoxoxoxo
Somehow I managed to NOT know your parents share a birthday! (I'm sure I have heard this multiple times before, but I am currently blaming placenta brain...) I also didn't know that your dad "recruited" her for their program at BYU and they fell in love along the way. That is just fantabulous! Happy Birthday to your padres!
Happy, happy birthday!
So cute... btw, as I was standing in line in JFK a couple weeks ago, trying to get a ticket to fly home (I was stuck cause of the volcano), I turned to one of the many TVs that had CNN on and low and behold, there was your Grandpa. How funny is that?
Oh I hope they had a very Happy Birthday! What a sweet love story! I'm glad I had the chance to meet them!
Missed you last night that was for sure. It was awesome though. Dad talked and talked and we laughed, and Phyllis and Peter and Mont and cheryl were there. They all told stories. Someone should have been videoing. Is that a word? Um oh well. I hope you are feeling better. Tell scotty the same. It wasn't the same without you though! Love you!
Ahh, Patty and Rosie-no two better parents. I am full-Neilsen now and love Mom and Dad more and more everyday! FYI-you have never checked out the new TMitch blog, you freakin hussy!
mitchellmania5.blogspot.com
I fully expect comments everyday!
That is such a cute story!
Post a Comment