Wednesday, January 27, 2010

January blows!

Nothing new to report. It seems like we only blog when "something" has happened. I got nothin'! Just another day in my life--keepin' it real!:) I think January is the worst month of the year. It's long, cold, and boring. I would be fine if it snowed from Halloween to Christmas and then have Spring start in January. I sometimes wonder why I live here? I just don't like winter AT ALL! It's sad when the only thing I have to look forward to is a new season of Castle and 24. I am looking forward to Scott's family all being together for the next week! That should be lots of fun. It's always a party when we all get together! I always buy a tanning pass starting January and pretend to be vegetating in the sun for those glorious 10 to 12 minutes! That's what I'll do to get through the day; dream of the tanning bed. Any other ideas for cheering up January?

14 comments:

Laurel said...

I am kind of trudging through, myself. It doesn't really help that I now have BOILS all over my face from being a moron! I can't wait to see you this weekend, though!

Hannah Jones said...

I agree with you- January sucks a big one. (Lemon- that is.... err...)
I wake up wanting to punch someone, but tanning might help me... I should turn on that happy lamp too- if I can pry it out of Lee's hands! haha.
Have a great time with the Lee's!!!
I just love ya, Megs.

The Sutherland Family said...

I agree with you 100%!!! January is by far the WORST month ever- no holdiays, no nothin.
That's a good idea about the tanning beds, i should try that out! I LOVE 24 too, and I also love the Bachelor.

The Payne Family said...

I hate January.... nothing good happens in this month. I love Fall and Winter up until Christmas and then I'm just ready to have it be over.

Here are some things I look forward to... LOST starts in 7 days (if you haven't watched it, you MUST! Come borrow the seasons from me), Big Bang on Monday nights (funniest show of ALL TIME, again come borrow the seasons from me cause you would totally love it), a break from nursing school (kill me now) and I really want to read Catching Fire (sequel to The Hunger Games). And that my friend is my sad little life :)

Shellie said...

Um yes I have an idea...

COME TO LAS VEGAS! Remember girls weekend?!?! Get down here damn it!!

Julie Kaye said...

ugh.....I am with Shellie.....in the sense that you need to spend time with me!!! You got sick so we just need to reschedule! I am fun and you have fun when we are together!! We must see each other at least once before those dang slow roots show themselves!

Alicia said...

Ugh... January through March is the WORST... and the fact that I think I'm suffering from postpartum depression prepartum certainly doesn't help.

Stephanie said...

I agree with you. I'm also struggling I wonder why I live her too. I hate being cold and I usually get tanning passes too it does help. At least we have Valentines to look fwd too and I know how much we both love our hubbys! :)

Denise said...

I beg to differ. The greatest day of the year is in January...my birthday! (Which usually turns out to be a sucky day for me, but there are lovely people who make it a special day.) I do agree about winter. Michigan is no better, and colder if you ask me. However, what you need to do is go sledding. It is SO fun. If you are too "cool" to go with just Scott (and I don't think that you are) get together with some of those nieces and nephews and have fun. I used to tan too, until I got all old and realized that it makes my face get older faster. You could always come hang out with us because we love you.

LEE BIEN said...

Hooray for getting to see you in about 48 hours! It makes me smile.

J♥M said...

I have to say ditto! Ditto! And ditti! I wish I had an idea for you, but I can't even think... it's January! Blah! Blah! Blah!

Tara said...

It sucks rocks-this month has sucked more then usual!!! Strep, double ear infections with two kids (one week apart), Maurice out of town, 2 kids birthdays, being broke, cold weather!

Jen Carter said...

I love tanning...it seriously use to be such a huge relaxation thing for me. I'm not supposed to go anymore now that I'm an esthetician and know what it does to your skin...but I'd be a liar if I said I don't sneak it in every now and then.

Josh and Jackie said...

I agree I wish it was spring already too...Winter last way too long.