Monday, December 7, 2009

A moment of silence...

I just always feel a little sick on December 7. I obviously wasn't born when the horrible event took place in 1941, however, I have listened to MANY repeated stories from my Grandpa Jack. Also, having been born and lived in Hawaii, Pearl Harbor is close to my heart. It's true that "the islands call to you!"


Hats off ONCE AGAIN to the people who fight and have fought to keep America the land of the free and the home of the brave! I love living in this Country and would do anything for Her!



10 comments:

Karin said...

Well said. Thanks for the reminder today.

Hannah Jones said...

Yes, thank you for the reminder.
I love your guts Megs! I loved sitting by you yesterday.
XoXo

Laurel said...

Such a good reminder. I love those photos of the Memorial over the Arizona. Incredible!

(ps. can't wait to see you guys tonight!)

The Payne Family said...

We went to Pearl Harbor in May and it was one of the best experiences of my life. There is such a special feeling there that I will never forget.

Jen Carter said...

My family went for the first time a couple of years ago and it really was just an unreal feeling being there. It's always good to remember.

LEE BIEN said...

Thanks. I love you!

Denise said...

I love those pictures, thanks.

Tara said...

I love this country! Thanks for the reminder of the day that will live in infamy!

J♥M said...

If only every American would listen to the stories of the past. It's so neat that your Grandpa shares his stories. Thanks for the reminder! God bless America!

Chelsea said...

I love that you take the time for something so important! I have been there, and it is truly humbling to see.