Monday, September 28, 2009

Another TOP 10

Top 10 things I have heard my sister Melinda say over the phone to her 3 sons:
10. "Put that down, we don't hit our brothers with a shovel!"
9. "Ouch someone just kicked me in the head."
8. "Ethan just told me he wants 100 pieces of banana bread for breakfast."
7. "Hold on, Duncan's eating tape...oh wait, it's just a cheerio...continue talking."
6. "Don't fight or you won't get your dollar!"
5. ME: "What is that noise?" SIS: "Oh, they're just throwing bouncy balls all over the house."
4. "How many times do I have to tell you? Don't kick each other in the crotcho!"
3. "Oh my, they have just set up their own "Wipeout" course and are jumping on the big balls!"
2. " I just found Duncan...he's been downstairs eating the cat's food."
AND #1. "Boys, stop flinging that thing around, you are peeing all over the walls!"
So you can clearly see why I call her JUST BECAUSE...always a good time!

20 comments:

Dottie Stay said...

I am a terrible mother. :) eating cat food, peeing on walls, well, actually I am proabably just normal. Well, let's hope. O well, I lost it years ago. At least we have each other. :) Eternity is a hell of a long time.

tammy stailey said...

LMAO!!! That was hilarious! I need to stop texting her and call from now on!

Diana said...

That is awesome!!! Sad to say that it sounds like that when I am on the phone. I am just glad no one has taken time to write it down.

7packofbearss said...

Something about this sounds so familiar.

Michelle said...

My favorite is number 4 for sure. Would you guys be up for Lagooning instead of Conferencing on Saturday?

Hannah Jones said...

What would be even better is if you hear all 10 in the same conversation!!!
Awesome!!!!!! She's a riot!

Denise said...

Ok, that last one requires dropping the phone immediately and whipping some tail! I have to say that these are very similar to the things heard around my house, although Melinda sounds a lot nicer than I. My best over the phone one was, "Hold on...Sorry, I'm back. I just had to do the baby heimlich but no one is choking anymore."

Julie Kaye said...

Not breathing, just laughing!

Jim said...

This is SO GREAT for me to read. Whenever I check in on her blog, I wonder what her secret is to getting 3 kids to get along all the time. They are so sweet, so tender, yet looking at this list I see that, at least at times, they are also so "boyish". LOVE it!

Lisa Nielsen said...

Poor Melinda...but so funny!!! I am wondering if I am in for some of those things...maybe worse! I love it! Can't wait to see you guys again. 123

Stephanie said...

that is sooooo funy. not when its happening but later when you read about it :)

Stephanie said...

I would love an invite to your leggo my eggo!

stephaniebrosc@hotmail.com

LEE BIEN said...

This takes me back to the youth of your husband. I never could figure out why my couch cushions started falling apart till I learned that they were used as sleds going down the stairs! Good times.

Alicia said...

The sled stairs were good times.
I love your sis. :)

Tara said...

Mindy is one of my fav people in life. AHH-to be a fly on the wall.

Mendy said...

That is so hilarious what do you expect with 3 boys Right!!! You are the best aunt ever I know Wrigley loves the crap out of you!!!!

J♥M said...

Reading this makes me feel good!!! I love that this makes the top 10!!!

Johnson said...

I love it! And I believe I have said all of those very things to my 3 boys...I think its a boy thing!!! I love you guys!!

Mike and Lara said...

Ok...so you are hilarious! Love the list....your sis sounds as funny and crazy as you. You're the best!!!
Have a great day!
Larabelle

Mindy said...

I am laughing so hard right now. No Melinda... not a bad mother- you just have boys! They are all crazy.