Prepare for a proud amount of 71 pictures from the gathering! It was all centered around the Nielsen family motto written on all our hats:
Be Good Do Good

Julie Kaye, Sydnee, Deron, Travis, Melinda, Norm--we split up the meals and had some fantastic food! Julie Kaye, Travis, and baby Sydnee are honorary members of the Nielsen clan!

Julie Kaye and Sydnee

This car is Ethan's and Carter's, but they were so nice to share with Wrigley who LOVED it. Of course, Caroline was more than willing to drive him around!



Inger, Duncan, Melinda

Ladderball with Harrison, Scott, Jonny and...

...Ethan, Carter, John, Quincy, and Solomon

OF COURSE we took the boys! THEY HAD A BLAST!

Scott's great idea (as usual) to bring the hammocks--Bronson loving it!

Sweet Caroline!

Scott and Carter--there was some serious 4-wheeling!

Krissy's nice, fine arc!

Mendy, Krissy, Inger, Melinda, and Ethan

Glenn and Pops chopping wood!

Scott and the big F'er!

The campsite--it was so perfect and shady!

The boys were exhausted! They have been in a coma since we returned home.

How fun was this?! I sported the baby Bjorn and played soccer with Duncan attached to my front side--I got him laughing pretty hard!

Um, am I related to this guy?

"These are my stretchy pants!"

The little Wrigley man

Ethan and Carter in their own mini size camping chairs watching ladderball and badmitton

Look at their freshly buzzed craniums! I just love it!

The cutest pregnant chic! Look at how cute Lisa is! She and Norm are due Aug 14 with baby Cache!! Can't wait! Lisa was a complete trooper camping at 34 weeks prego!

We dance A LOT in my family. Jonny turned on his car sound system and we all got jiggy wit it! This is adorable Ethan doing the robot!! LOL

Caroline and Wrigley breakin' it down!

Scotty was off playing badmitton

Harrison and his moves!

Solomon showing us how it's done!

This is hysterical! Jonny has taught Henny and Solo a dance to a specific song-seriously awesome! "Step to the left, step to the right, c'mon girl break it down tonight..."

Ethan is the sweetest to Frank! Ethan just loves to love on him and Frank loves it! Ethan is such a sweet-hearted little guy!

This here is Carter BREAK DANCING! He has got some serious coordination!

I think I speak on behalf of all my siblings when I say...um, WTF?! It's been awhile since I've seen Inger "get down tonight!" Norm and I were dying laughing!!!

Serious black mail material

Quincy trying to avoid being photographed

How absolutely adorable is little guy? Check out his curls and his fantastic 4th of July attire!!

Caroline's robot

Harrison showing us HIS stretchy pants! Nacho Libre may or may not have been repeatedly quoted!

Norm was SOOO cute with Wrigs! He had him shimmying and dancing and wrigs was loving every second of it. Norm will be such a cute dad with his own little guy!


34 week pregnant chic doing "baby got back!" Man can Lisa shake what her mama gave her!! SO proud!

We think these two look alike--Inger's oldest and Melinda's youngest

Another fine moment in Nielsen history, Johnny A. bustin' out his moves. I love when everyone just lets loose!!

Ya, there was more

How 'bout Norm pole dancing with the car door...love Melinda's laughing smile!

The family mascot!

One of the highlights of the trip was when Wrigley first saw Frank. Frank jumped out of the Xterra and Wrigley came running up to me saying "a cow, a cow!"

Sweet little Ethan again!

"He's an angry midget--he must be from the south pole!"

2 of the 3 nights we camped, Carter came up to me and said in his dear, little voice, "I awanna sit on your lap." Both nights he fell asleep in just minutes after getting cozy with his may may! I absolutely LOVE moments like this!

More of Ethan's love for the big Frank-en-stein

My youngest brother Jonny, his wife Mendy, and Wrigley (2 years old)

My older sister Inger, her husband Glenn, and their kids Harrison (14), Solomon (11), Caroline (8), and Bronson (5)

The more than famous X jumps!

The entire Nielsen clan (minus my 2 older brothers, both living in Hawaii)! Holy cow!
"All because 2 people fell in love!"

My oldest sister Kristen, her husband John and their daughters Alexa (16) and Quincy (13)

My baby sister Melinda, her husband Deron and their sons Ethan (6), Carter (4), and Duncan (almost 11 months)

Aww, how cute is this? Scotty and May May with Frank (4) and Bronx (2)


Lil' Dunc

Rosie lovin' on the Duncanator!

Lisa, Melinda, Me, and Mendy--all SISTERS!

I love when my siblings spend time with my other siblings' kids. This is John who volunteered to take Wrigley on a walk.

How cute are these two? Jonny is SOOOO lucky to have such a freaking fantastic wife! She is so awesome and good for him!

So the Tueller gene in me made me bring my flute and play some patriotic tunes we could all sing to. Last year I brought some Founding Father's trivia, and this year I brought some patriotic songs with some trivia about them. It was actually kind of fun. Kind of like the old time flute players back in the colonial days...
Also, don't mind my mom breaking Mendy's neck Chuck Norris style--she was in the process of a "massage."

Little Mr. Chocolate for breakfast! And Mendy enjoying her massage much more in this photograph.

Fishing!!! Scott, Harrison, Bronson, Glenn, Caroline, and Norm

Scott the ever-knowledgeable, ever-patient, ever-fantastic uncle helping Henny with his fish.

Bronson and his fishing pole

Caroline's idea of fishing! You can take the actress out of the spotlight, but you can't take the spotlight off the actress!
All in all, one of the greatest family trips I have ever been a part of! Seriously went so smoothly and everyone really genuinely loves each other! It was awesome and I love you all!!!
12 comments:
No wonder I couldn't get a hold of you! :) Looks like you had a blast. Miss you--let's hang out...Like at a baseball game this Friday night???
That looks like so much fun! Now I REALLY wish I had done something other than work last weekend...
What wonderful family fun! I'm so glad you had a great time. The picture of Scott fishing reminds me of a picture of him as a little boy where he, Dave, and my dad had just returned from a fishing trip. Awesome memories...
Umm...why weren't we invited?? Chad's middle name is Nielsen!! And we even have our own "Be Good Do Good" trucker hat, well not really it's Cheryl's...but she would have let us borrow it. Looks like good times! Where is the fantastic camping spot? We are going next weekend and are looking for a good one...and yes you are invited! Email me about the great spot!
What a fun family!
So much fun!!! Thanks for being the photographer! I love the fishing pics. It was so fun to be with you, Scotty and the boys. I loved having them there. Can't wait for next year! 123!
So, um... how many pictures did you post? I kept on checking your blog today to find more and more and more. I love it!!! Plus, it makes me feel better about the 90 I just put on my own bloggo. (Seriously!)
Love you!
What a fun and cute family. Karlee was so excited your leg was healed I thought that was cute she remembered.
Holy picture overload batman!! It looks like a blast! I love all of the family pics! What an awesome family you have!!
Love the trip, love the pics, and love you! It was perfect! You are the greatest ever!
Don't know most of your family, but they look awesome, fun and very animated! My absolute favorite pic was the one of Scott in the hammock with Frank. classic.
That last picture of Caroline is fantastic. That's my idea of fishing.
Post a Comment