Sunday, May 3, 2009

Easter 2009

Some of us got together the Saturday before Easter. My mom and dad had a dinner at their house and an indoor Easter egg hunt! How can you plan anything outside with this schizophrenic weather!


Baby Duncan--getting so big!

His baby blues are to die for as are his curls!

Sweet little man Carter

Ethan lost both his front teeth and commented to his mom, "I look like Dracula!"

My Rosie is such a good Rosie! Before any of the eggs were to be found she had all the little guys gathered around to review the story and real meaning of Easter.

Ethan knew all about resurrection and even taught us that "Jesus hibernated like a bear and then was resurrected." Scott and I dang near got kicked out of Rosie's "class" as we were violently laughing!

We were especially lucky and happy to have Mr. Wriggles up to visit for Easter (oh ya, and Jonny and Mendy)! We thought and talked a lot about the miracle that is Wrigley! One year ago he was in Primary Children's with what we now know a 1 or 2 in 4 chance to live! What a horrible experience that was and yet the power and meaning of family was amazing.

I just LOVE Mendy and Wrigs! Now is Mendy my sister, or is Jonny my brother? I can't quite remember!

Good ol' Uncle Scotty with Dunc

Ethan running up the stairs after we had hidden all the eggs and announced the hunt was on! The boys were sooo cute!

Little Wrigs caught on pretty quick and started putting all sorts of things in his Easter basket, i.e. a frog (seen above)

The profitable hunters and their loot!

My mom made my dad hold the chic and the bunny and got a picture...my dad will do whatever makes mama happy!:)

Jonny is just the craziest brother, uncle, dad, etc. This is Wrigley "doggie piling" on Jonny. Ethan and Carter LOVE when uncle Jonny comes to wrestle!

Tired Scotty with Wrigley and Duncan

This was hysterical, Wrigley found some play binoculars and was looking through the wrong end and Carter thought that was just the funniest thing he had ever seen. These guys play so well together. My parents only have 3 grand daughters and are due with their 8th grand son in August (Norm and Lisa's baby boy--August can't come soon enough!). The last 6 grand kids have been boys! It is great when we get together--all the cousins really love each other and have a good time! I just love family!

7 comments:

tammy stailey said...

You have such an amazing family! I especially love those Stailey boys! But everything I read about Wrigley makes me love him too! I especially love the pic where Mendy is holding him tight. It pulled on my heartstrings! What a wonderful blessing he is! Anyway! You got to love Aunt May May! At least I do!

Lisa Nielsen said...

I love that "Jesus hybernated" that is so hysterical!!! They say the funniest stuff. Where are the pictures of you?! I just love you and Scotty so much. I hope we can see you guys soon:)

Denise said...

How fun! I love seeing pictures of your parents, too. I tried to e-mail you and it told me that address was wrong! Do you have another one?

Laurel said...

So fun for you guys! And seriously??? Duncan looks ginormous! I miss you, lovey!

Mendy said...

That was a fun trip and I am due for another massage or should I say 2 hour Massages for the price of 1!!!! I can't wait to come up and see you all!!! Love ya and thanks for that last comment but I am serious!!!! Love ya

LEE BIEN said...

I'm glad you were able to have a family get-together for Easter but the good news for me is that (Yahoo!) I get to see you soon, too!

LEE BIEN said...

By the way, I used the "hibernating like a bear" story in Seminary and it was a huge hit!