WOW! Today is the opening game in the NEW Yankee Stadium! My work computer is very limited as to what I can access, so I brought the computer from home so that I can catch some of the game on the radio and on mlb.com--oh my gosh I can't believe all the history! Kelly Clarkson is singing the National Anthem and then a bunch of F 16 fighter jets are flying overhead that just returned from Iraq.. that should be awesome! The new stadium has a 100 foot wide jumbo tron in HD...um HALLO! There is actually a Hard Rock Cafe IN the stadium along with a NYY steak restaurant and a Johnny Rockets! It is seriously amazing! What am I doing sitting here in American Fork? I am feeling like I am a million miles away pretending I am at the stadium. Yogi Berra is throwing in the first pitch--I love Yogi he's about 5 feet tall and over 80 years old! The gates opened at 10 am and from the looks of things it filled up awfully fast. I think it's cool that the old stadium opening day was April 18, 1923 and today is April 16--so close to the same day! I am flippin' out watching this! I think I'll just keep adding to this post throughout the day.
Thursday, April 16, 2009
Another HUGE day in Yankee history!!!
WOW! Today is the opening game in the NEW Yankee Stadium! My work computer is very limited as to what I can access, so I brought the computer from home so that I can catch some of the game on the radio and on mlb.com--oh my gosh I can't believe all the history! Kelly Clarkson is singing the National Anthem and then a bunch of F 16 fighter jets are flying overhead that just returned from Iraq.. that should be awesome! The new stadium has a 100 foot wide jumbo tron in HD...um HALLO! There is actually a Hard Rock Cafe IN the stadium along with a NYY steak restaurant and a Johnny Rockets! It is seriously amazing! What am I doing sitting here in American Fork? I am feeling like I am a million miles away pretending I am at the stadium. Yogi Berra is throwing in the first pitch--I love Yogi he's about 5 feet tall and over 80 years old! The gates opened at 10 am and from the looks of things it filled up awfully fast. I think it's cool that the old stadium opening day was April 18, 1923 and today is April 16--so close to the same day! I am flippin' out watching this! I think I'll just keep adding to this post throughout the day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
Love you, Megan!
1.5 BILLION DOLLARS!?!?!?! That is all I have to say....
Your so cute I love it that you love the yanks so much!!!! Love ya and miss you tons GO YANKEES
That new stadium looked awesome from the outside...sounds like it is amazing on the inside! I'd love to go and actually see a game. So fun!
I love you too!
You are so passionate about the things (and people) you love the most!
I've decided to love the Yankees just because I love you two! By the way, when Michelle was here we put our heads together and we're thinking of future Lee vacation plans. Once Brett gets home from his mission and before Matt leaves for his? What about Disneyland? I think we still have a few of the Jazz hats! Stay tuned.
Seriously... think about DISNEYLAND with the Lees next spring! Frozen bananas (hold the nuts), Mickey Mouse ears for EVERYONE (I don't care how old I am, I still want to wear them) Isabel freaking out seeing "Rella", DeAnn freaking out seeing Indiana Jones (it's just a manequin, mom!)
I'm so excited at the thought I can't stand it!
Oh ya.... Yankee Stadium... Yahoo!
I thought you liked the Mets? Just kidding-don't have a heart attack! Hope you get to go soon!
I am lovin' it for ya sista!! Haven't they hit like a ton of home runs since they opened the stadium too! Man, they just may be unstoppable. Good thing you guys don't have Pedroia! He is all ours baby. ha ha...what the devil am I talkin' about?!
Post a Comment