Just a continuation of my luck...short and sweet...I have pulled the muscle/tendon/ligament combo from my lateral ankle bone up to the lateral side of my knee. I was running (serves me right for trying to exercise) and fell into a 2-3 foot hole where I landed with my ankle folded in half touching the inside of my leg. Yes, mother %^&* it hurt! I am now in a cast/brace/boot thing.
DON'T PANIC--I swear I am just fine, just unable to move and forever elevating! I can't get up to get the door, so don't worry about visiting, I am on drugs, so don't worry about calling, etc. The whole point of this post is to apologize if I am behind on people's beanLee orders. I have been a little bit out of it. I have also been slow to respond to email orders etc. Give me a few more days of incoherence and then I will be right back up and at 'em! I promise, I am fine. I haven't even told my mom! :)
p.s. Thanks Scott for finding me along side the road in a hole. I know it was funny--thanks for 'trying' not to laugh.
DON'T PANIC--I swear I am just fine, just unable to move and forever elevating! I can't get up to get the door, so don't worry about visiting, I am on drugs, so don't worry about calling, etc. The whole point of this post is to apologize if I am behind on people's beanLee orders. I have been a little bit out of it. I have also been slow to respond to email orders etc. Give me a few more days of incoherence and then I will be right back up and at 'em! I promise, I am fine. I haven't even told my mom! :)
p.s. Thanks Scott for finding me along side the road in a hole. I know it was funny--thanks for 'trying' not to laugh.
26 comments:
Holy Crap Meg! Live it up, and get your leg feeling well soon!
xoxo
So, I was just wondering if you could reenact the whole thing and this time get some pictures?
(Sorry about the foot though!)
Wow!! You poor thing, that's totally something that I would do too. When I'm running, I totally don't pay attention to where my feet are hitting. Sorry!! I guess that explains why you didn't answer the door the other day...it was so cute to see your dogs at the window saying hello:) Hope you get feeling better soon!!!
Lindsey J
Oh My dear! That's the SHITZ! Hang in there! Beanlees can always wait til you're feelin 100%! I'd love to lighten your load so what can I do?
I'm so sorry to hear about this. I can't even imagine how much that must have hurt. Yikes! Let me know if there's anything I can do to help. :)
ouch!! i'm so sorry. please let me know if you need anything:)
and, i fell in a hole a few weeks ago amongst a thorn bush - so much fun...
Holy cow! You haven't had the best luck lately, have you! I really do hope you are okay. I would love to bring by dinner...tell me what you want and when to bring it and I will be there (give me the garage code too so that you don't have to get up). =)
I am so sorry that happened to you. You are in our prayers.
Dude...WTF!?! Stop breaking your trash, ok!!!! :) Whatever you need, Mike & I will be there in a moment's notice - just say the word!! xoxo
Your life on a mower...God love ya! Beanstalk!!!!!!!!!!
Oh My Gosh! That's awful! (Did Scott happen to snap a picture when he came to your rescue? - JK) I guess that's why they call it a "Man hole". A woman would have thought of a better location to place such a thing. She wouldn't have left it out in the open, especially with the lid up. She definitely would have closed the lid.
I hope you are feeling better soon and enjoying some good drugs in the mean time. I was actually on my way to browse beanLee's. I'll put off my order for a little bit, but only a little bit.
So when are you gonna' catch a break? Ha! Get it? "Break"??? (too soon?) You just name your fave treat you can't acquire yourself, and it is yours! Can't wait to see you all weekend!
(And honestly, props to Scott for somewhat holding in the laughter. We all know he shows what he is really thinking...)
I guess that means you shouldn't be exercising... It is dangerous!!! I hope you get better really soon. Love you!
Seriously woman... you just need to live in a bubble!!! ;) Get feelin' better quickly!
Megan you are nuts!! and unlucky! I would be happy to send Caleb over to entertain you:) Feel better soon and call if you need anything.
Megan- in all honesty that is something that would happen to me. I hope you recover soon and enjoy the meds while you have them, cause it hurts like a mother when you don't!
Oh Megs... Seriously?!!?
Well, live up the "laziness".
Love you!
Megan, I feel for you and hope you heal quickly. It reminds me of earlier this year when I broke my heel and pulled tendons in my foot trying to run for exercise. Not so fun!
Sorry to hear that! Hope you feel better soon.
I'm not gonna lie, I totally laughed when I read the first part of your post, but after reading how you landed I felt kinda bad, but only kinda, chalk it up to experience. It's good to have some pain killers every now and then, right? Preferably without the pain of course... :)
Once I fell in a fence post hole when I was about 6 months pregnant - could have been disasterous, but I just ended up really sore. If you're like me (and Shellie also) stuff just jumps out at you - like chairs to stub your toe on, sharp corners to bonk, and random holes in the ground to tumble into. btw, send me your address so I can send you an invite. We'd love to have you & Scott drop in to our Lehi open house!!
I think I am with out words. We are glad you are ok though. The Beanlees are awesome by the way.
Jay says, "girl, you need to find some better luck!" I am so sad for you. Get well soon!
The boys got out their beanLees and are loving them--not because it is cold but because they like to wear them around the house. Have you ever thought of advertising them on Tip Junkie or one of those blogs? I am amazed at the talented people like you who are so creative.
Oh Megan, I am so sorry you hurt yourself while out for a run. I thought I was the only one with the bad luck. I hope you get to feeling better soon.
Ok so nobody told me and I am just finding out it is SUnday reading your blog and then I ask Jonny if he new and he said ya I found out the other day OK!!! Hope you are doing better wish I could help Miss ya so much, Love ya too
Could you stop being so lazy and get up and do something? I mean what is a mere ankle injury when you need to make me stuff??? J/K-love your guts. Hope your up and running again soon!
Post a Comment