This past weekend Scott and I went down to St. George to visit family. We stayed with Lisa and Norm--some of the funniest people you will ever hang with! Together we saw The Dark Knight, played Scattegories (totally inappropriate) and just enjoyed being together. Of course we ate at In-and-Out and the Fairway Grill. I love my brother Norm and his wife Lisa is so perfect for him and such a great friend to me. Thanks again for letting us stay with you guys! We miss Max!
While we were there, we also saw my niece as young Cosette in Les Mis at Tuacahn Theatre. Um, "WOW" is all I can say. My sweet, little niece Caroline (lina or carlo as we like to call her) is only 7 and is completely amazing. I'm pretty sure I was still riding my bike with training wheels when I was 7--unaware of Victor Hugo and anything to do with theatre! Lina was absolutely wonderful! She sang "Castle on a Cloud," and totally nailed it. I am so not biased....even Michelle (Scott's sister) came and said she was awesome! Btw--thanks Michelle that meant SO much to me! Lina looks like such a tiny thing on such a big stage, but had such a big voice that carried all the way to the back.
Taking pictures at Tuacahn is not allowed, but Scott and I know better when it comes to being the favorite aunt and uncle! NO rules pertain to us!:)
Here she is with some of the ensemble cast. Everyone just loves her! Seriously I just kept repeating, "I'm Caroline's aunt" and I had immediate friends!!
Oh my good gosh, could I be more proud...I like to put this picture as my screen saver at work and say, "Yes, that is my daughter!" LOL
This is the girl that played Fantine, she was the understudy and was great! I love "I Dreamed a Dream!"
This little guy was awesome, as well! He reminded me of a Newsie!
Once again, the new "family photo!" We love this little girl so much and were able to spend all day Sunday with her. Saturday night she performed while she had the flu! She was burning up with a fever and just about passed out. Bless her little heart! She was such a trooper! So Sunday Scott and I stayed with her while the rest of the family went to ward conference (where Glenn is the bishop). Inger and the boys came home after the first hour because the boys wanted to challenge Scott to some ping pong. I made chocolate chips cookies--a tradition with the Labrums, and Inger made Schnitzel. It was awesome and it just makes us miss them all the more! Love you guys so much, thanks for the great weekend!
9 comments:
Those are the best pictures Meg! Seriously! You look so beautiful in all of them. I have the most gorgeous sisters in the whole world. How fun. I love sweet Carlo. She is the best. I mean really, all that she does, and knows. Forget the bike with training wheels, I couldn't even leave moms side until I was like 16! She is literally amazing!
I'm so glad that you were able to get away to be there for this! No wonder you're the favorite Aunt!
Wow, these are AMAZING! I didn't know Michelle went with you guys. I'm totally jealous! Caroline is beautiful (just like her mother and favorite auntie) and I'm so happy you guys got to see and support her.
And no, nothing is wrong with you, because I was totally weepy looking at YOUR pictures. I believe the correct question would be, "What is wrong with ME?"
She's so lucky to have you for an aunt.
Amazing! Les Miserables is a Lee family favorite and I'm so happy your niece could be a part of it. What a fantastic memory.
Oh my gosh love the pictures!!!! Looks like you guys had so much fun. Missed you guys though
love ya
Ok, is she gorgeous or what??? WOW - that is SOOO awesome I can't believe how good those pics are - it makes you feel like you are right there watching it live. Nice job! You have EVERY reason to be proud of Lina - she is AMAZING! I really wish I could see it live and in color - who knows maybe I will catch her on tour! ;) Um, btw - it sort of puts the "shell" a bit to shame!! shhhh, i didn't say that out loud!!!
Hi Megan! Came across your blog. I didn't realize you had gotten married. Looks like a beautiful life you two have together! Our blog is private, if you'd like an invite, send me your email. Mine is francissasha@yahoo.com. Hope you are doing well. You are beautiful, as ever! ~Sasha Hudson Francis
I am so glad I was able to see this play with you guys! Thank you so much for letting me join you! I loved every minute of it, and your niece was absolutely perfect!
Post a Comment