Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Yellowstone Roundup

Wholly molly... good Old Faithful! Megan was a little excited. We luckily showed up and waited 5 minutes and the sucker went off. Perfect timing!

This just made me wish that i had brought my fishing gear. Man so many fisherman!



this was just outside our cabin! a little treehouse of love :)

and just to the left of this picture a huge waterfall that dumps a TON of water. way cool!


A black bear. (one of the 3 bears that we saw... goldilocks be afraid)A huge grizzly that wandered down to the river to get a drink, then give us the bird


A killer huge Elk . check out that rack... the elk not Megs.
oh and buffalo a plenty! herds and herds of them!!!

megs and my mom just chillin... my mom likes megs even more than her own daughters!

Me and my bro Matt just chilling! God bless hammocks! they will now follow us everywhere!

16 comments:

Anna M. said...

Looks like a fun trip! Thanks again for letting us watch the boys - we had a lot of fun with them. By the way, in playing ball with them, we got one of the tennis balls stuck in the gutter on your roof. Oops, sorry! We don't have a ladder long enough, but are happy to find some way to get it down if need be.

Karin said...

Well aren't you lucky to have spotted 3 bear! Were they all IN Yellowstone? Jim will be jealous to see these pix... we haven't quite made it out to Yellowstone this year.
What a fun trip!!!

Markelle said...

Markelle is a dumb @$# because she thought that Megan was talking in third person and it didn't occur to her that Scott could be making a post!

Sweet pictures, it looks beautiful there! I am dying to go someday.

Jennifer and Jacob said...

Ah, there is nothing like family and the great outdoors. Old Faithful is freaky it is so cool :)

Shellie said...

I love Yellowstone! Looks like you guys had a great time!!

Mendy said...

Oh my I didn't know that you could get that close to the bears and stuff like that looks like fun!!!! Can't wait till we can do a trip with you guys

Todd and Ashley said...

Man, that looked like so much fun in Yellowstone. I still need to go there one day, I have never been. Good to hear from you both.

Lisa Nielsen said...

SCOTT, GREAT BLOGGING! THE PICTURES ARE AWESOME. WASN'T YELLOWSTONE STINKY?! I MISS YOU GUYS, WISH YOU WERE HERE THIS WEEKEND! LOVE YA!

Tammy Anderson said...

Yellowstone is so much fun! Adam will be jelous of the 3 bears. We only got a glimpse of a bear cub with mom no where in sight when we were there last. Good times!

Wendy said...

Those are some sweet pics - good work! It looks like you had some good times - I'm so glad, you deserve it!! (((hugs)))

Alicia said...

Megan really might be the fave all-around. :)
We loved this trip with everyone. Great fun. Good times.
Love you!

Denise said...

I miss trips to Yellowstone....

Michelle said...

Why does it look like Mom is doing the "cuckoo" dance from The Sound of Music??

Kristin and Guy said...

Makes me miss the family reunion we're missing out there this week... LOVE the pix and love catching up w/you guys!

normondo said...

scott why didn't you blast that elk and bear and buffalo. its a good thing that you did not someone would have to come get you out of jail. I'm pumped for oct. when we can do some hunting. can't wait to go camping again with you guys( soon I hope)

Laurel said...

I JUST realized I have not left you guys a comment yet! Boo. I had the best time on our Lee family fiesta, and am so glad you are feeling better, Megs. Love you guys!