Saturday, June 28, 2008

With a Little Help From My Friends


Hello, Scott here. Well well... We thought we may want to let some of our friends in on some happenings in our lives recently, AND accordingly ask for a little help. LONG story REALLY short is we recently had a rather unpleasant experience that has fortunately opened our eyes to new avenues of starting a family. As I believe most of you to know, we have had years of disappointment and frustration with infertility and just started to come to terms with the fact that we had been all tapped out! (emotionally, financially, console-ability, ET-friggin-C) BUT I DIGRESS... we had been given a contact of someone who was looking to place a baby for adoption, and once again LONG story SHORT we were told that we were pretty much going to be the ones chosen to be given this baby. Well, turns out people can and do change their minds all the time and just before the time frame we were given to have this person decide to whom the child would be given we were told that she had chosen someone else. OF COURSE! Just another kick to the nether-regions (or the 'tenders' as our nephews like to call them) and I have no problem saying that once again the UNFAIR fairies have not only visited us but left a flaming bag of dog shiz on our front door!
SO, like aforementioned LONG story SHORT, this 'event' at least gave us a new mindset pertaining to adoption and we are now gathering information and pursuing this option for us to have a family. THIS IS WHERE WE NEED HELP.
Like mentioned above we have been tapped out financially and are looking for help from all of our friends to please let people know, that you have friends (US) that are looking to adopt and if you or people you talk with know of anyone that is trying to put a baby up for adoption PLEASE let us know. You could keep us updated via responses to our blog or e-mail @ scottyboylee@aol.com ! We know that many of our friends have really helped us out with words of encouragement, willingness to listen to us vent, or just hanging with us when we need a pick up. That being said this attachment is an article that was sent to us that really explains a lot of thoughts and emotions that we have had going through all of this infertility nightmare. http://www.resolve.org/site/PageServer?pagename=lrn_ffaf_ie
THANKS for being our friends and we appreciate all that you have done for us! We love you all!

30 comments:

Rachel said...

Oh no. I hadn't heard about this latest disappointment. You better believe that if I come across anyone who is considering placing a baby for adoption, that I will suggest you two. I can't think of two better parents! I think about you guys all the time. xoxo

Elizabeth said...

Yeah! My favorite article. Too bad it's sooo true. In fact, I posted it on my blog on Wednesday. The funny thing is people think nobody would really say that stuff.

You guys should still come to Chat Group. Second Thursday of every month. You are welcome to come even if you aren't using LDSFS and don't plan on it.

Denise said...

First, Scott, you write just like Megan. You two must be on in the same!

Second, I'm so happy that you decided to adopt and I will keep my eye out here in Mi as well as MD because I can't imagine any better parents.

Third, might I suggest a group fast/prayer? My friends did that who had an experience almost exactly like yours. Not long after they got a call, a couple had twins and only wanted to keep one. Pretty sad, but it worked out to my friends benefit and they are so happy. Prayers are answered.

Finally, I don't know about your wishes, but have you talked to anyone about foster care for babies? Lots of times this can turn into an adoption.

Anyway, I know this will happen for you and my thoughts and prayers will be with you.

Michelle said...

Wow - I'm sorry you guys have had to go through so much lately. Thanks so much for sharing what's going on. I've felt so helpless wondering how to help you... and now, knowing what you need, I feel like I'm one step closer to being able to.

Thank you for sharing the article, too. I can't help but cry when I read it. Infertility is such a personal, sensitive subject; I think we should all be more aware of and sensitive to it. I've printed the article and I'm keeping it close!

You guys truly are the best. I feel so lucky to have such an amazing brother and sister.

I love you!

Labrums said...

Hey! You guys are awesome. We miss you. I'm so proud of you and how you handle all you go through. You are truly an inspiration to a lot of people. Just know, I'm on the case! We love you.

Dottie Stay said...

A Hello of course I will be on the hunt. You know that I always keep an eye out for you. Plus, I know that Misty's offer always stands!

Lisa Nielsen said...

Megan, I hope you know how much I love you. I am here for you anytime you need to talk. I will keep my eyes/ears out for adoptive situations. I love you!

Mindy said...

You guys are amazing! I am so glad you decided on adoption, I konw it was a big step. You are going to make amazing parents. Your kids are going to be so lucky!

J♥M said...

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and deepest feelings!
I agree that we could all fast and pray extra. I believe in miracles and you both are deserving!
I'll put on my Sherlock Holmes gear with everyone else!
Love ya!

Kate said...

I totally already commented here. Where the hell did it go?? Anyway, wow, didn't know you were heading down the adoption road but I'm so glad and I know that you guys will get the kiddo that you were always meant to have and that when it all works out it's going to be perfect. I know you just rolled your eyes at me, but it's the truth. I'll keep my eyes and ears open, I'll talk to my people, I'll ask every client who sits in my chair. I'm on the case.

Becca Jo said...

WOW! WOW WOW WOW. Thanks for posting that article I think that I will use it on my blog. I'm sorry about your disappointment but I'm glad that you have decided on a route to take to become parents!

Wendy said...

I love you both! (((hugs)))

Alicia said...

I feel stupid that I haven't posted yet... we just got back from sunny Cali. Anyway, I am elated with this huge decision. I just love you both so much and want you both to be happy. There is no doubt in my mind that you are already amazing parents and that your little person is meant for you and you only.
Also, thanks for the article. I really thought it was insightful information for those of us who really can't begin to know the pain of infertility.
I love you both!!

Mendy said...

Hey meg, you know how proud of you guys we are and would do anything to help you, I am always on the look out for you. It takes a lot to be as strong as you guys have and you really are amazing examples to us all. We love you so very much and so excited to see you all this weekend lots of love

Lindsey from The R House said...

infertility is such a **B**, isn't it?

my husband and i are sterile. we have a one year old that came to our family through the miracle of adoption and we are adopting another in september. my point is that it does work! even though infant adoption is dying in the united states, the the rate among LDS Family Services placements has stayed the same--which is a miracle.

i am on the board for families supporting adoption (fsa) in our area. i run several adoption blogs and my husband is a therapist and caseworker for LDS family services. you are NOT alone. if you click on my site, you will see TONS of families just like yours--some that have undergone infertility nightmares, failed placements, successful placements, been scammed and been blessed. i hope you will find a community of people that you can relate to.

i know how it feels to feel like you are the only ones on the planet who have been hit with the unfair fairies dog shiz ...but please know there are people out there that REALLY understand what you are going through and coming from.

that said, i know that i have birth mothers that look at my r house blog all the time. i would love to add your website to my list. i also have several attorney and ob/gyn contacts that are willing to take profiles of couples hoping to adopt to show clients. are you currently approved with LDS family services? do you have a birth parent letter, collage, passalong cards?

oh heck ...just email me...therhouse(at)gmail(dot)com.

Todd and Ashley said...

Megs and Scotty, we love you and you are in our prayers. Adoption is an amazing gift. Stay strong you two, these hard times have really made you two closer then you will ever know. Let us know if you need anything.

Laurel said...

Like Alicia, I feel completely lame having not posted until now. I read his Sunday after mom called and told me what was going on, and I am so excited you guys have something POSITIVE (hopefully) to look forward to. I'm sorry this recent loss of yours had to happen, and I'm sorry it will continue to be a possibility, but I am so thankful that unlike infertility this is a process we can really be involved in and help with. I have already started putting the word out and know that your dozens (shoot... probably hundreds!) of friends and family are doing the same. We love you guys so much and CANNOT WAIT for you two to welcome a sweet baby. Adoption is a miracle, and I know you are going to see miracles happen. WE LOVE YOU!

Tara said...

Megan and Scott,
T Mitch here, from Mindy's work. Hope all works out for you. I will keep you in my prayers and hope all your prayers of a family come to pass. You guys would be the funniest parents. DO you want to adopt an adult, because I am available. I am potty trained and everything. Let me know! Love ya Tara

Mesia said...

Megan,
We are excited for your decision!! We hope you soon will be able to expand your family!! Love,

Anonymous said...

Scott and Megan, I'm sorry to hear about the further heartache you've endured (are enduring). I'll be praying for a miracle for you guys. Love ya both!

Aubrey said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Aubrey said...

Hey Scott- Its been along time since we have talked, like high school. But thought I would say hi. I am sorry to hear what you are going through. I pray for the both of you that you will find a new little one to add to your family. They are such great blessings. I was going to refer you to a friend that has adopted and is trying to adopt another one. But "Mrs R" already has her listed on her blog.(Greg and Arriane) I have a few friends that have adopted, and say it is a great blessing. Hope everything goes well.

elshmobelsh said...

We love you guys so much!!! Thanks for sharing that article. I think it is so easy for some of us to take things for granted and to not be sensitive to the feelings of others. I'm so sorry for the times I've been guilty.

It was fun to catch up on the blog. I hope things are going ok, in spite of it all. Please know we will spread the word to our friends in MD.

Love ya!
elsh

Johnson said...

I love you guys! I will keep you in my prayers and I promise that I am going to keep my eyes wide open and my ears a listening for any sign from ANYONE who knows anything about adoption.

Kristin and Guy said...

Very exciting news! I changed your link on our blog. Please feel free to drop a line anytime! And good luck with everything.

Stephanie said...

I love you guys! I will keep my ears open. We r praying for you guys!

Josh and Katie said...

Scott and Megan, we just voted you need another vacation to good old AZ! We might be coming to UT in Aug, we will let you know. You are in our prayers.

PS- your blog is our blog's role model :)

Mary said...

You bet we'll keep our ears open for you guys! You're awesome!

Kristi said...

One word for that blessed article... AMEN! My personal favorite comment from a well meaning friend was "You should have Craig's dad and brothers donate sperm to you." What the hell???

I'm so sorry to hear she changed her mind. I cannot even imagine!

We'll be on the "look out". I hope something works out soon. You guys are so cute and fun! Is it bad to hope that one of the past Young Women I've worked with winds up pregnant? Oh well, I'm still hoping.

By the way... I just read your post about the lady who offered you make up at work. You are hillarious!

JoeRocks said...

Love and Hope to y'all