Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Father's Day Weekend

After a long, crappy, disappointing week, Scott and I split town for the lovely weekend holiday (both our dads were out of town anyway!) We went to my parent's cabin and had a fetchin' blast! The canine boys ran through every field possible. The cabin is really in the middle of nowhere--it's wonderful! We really wanted to be alone and not talk to or see anyone!
Frank, the big handsome beast!

Got the 4-wheeler running!

Bird flying to the left...

Bird flying to the right...

What you lookin' at?


There's a big reservoir to play in...this picture blown up shows Frank's huge jowls as he is shaking himself off--awesome shot!

We went golfing and had a really good time! We both did pretty well. We played the front 9. It was actually one of my personal better games.

This is the 4th hole. You have to tee off and hit the ball over that huge ravine and land on the green--that's your only option!

This is me teeing off and HELLO, of course I hit it over and it landed about 10 yards from the hole!

Scott's landed about 2 feet from the hole!

Scott is an awesome golfer and really helped me with some pointers. I have taken golf lessons, but Scott taught me some "secrets!"



This little guy was hiding in one of the trees by the 9th hole. I'm such a sucker for any animal!!!


It's a beautiful golf course in a great setting!


It was just the R&R we needed to gear up for another week of who knows what!

11 comments:

Mendy said...

That looks like you guys had a blast. I didn' t know you golfed thats awesome I just got jonny some clubs for fathers day and the four of us will have to go. I really suck most the time I can't even hit the ball, but I love it. Well deserved weekend meg hope it helped to get away love ya tons always here!!!

Dottie Stay said...

Of course I can never get enough pictures of the two beasts. I love those two boys. They make me laugh. It looks like it was just what you needed. I hope that you feel well now, and are ready for more idiots, because you know that is all we are surrounded by. LOVE YOU!

Kate said...

Where do I begin? Your dogs are gorgeous, that golf course is gorgeous.... awesome! I want a vacation!

Todd and Ashley said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE the pictures. It looks like you guys had a nice weekend get away. I miss you SO much. We need to play for sure and SOON!!!

Alicia said...

I just love that Frank guy! I'm glad you guys had so much fun... we missed you though! Okay, it's really been too long. We totally need to hang out!

Michelle said...

speaking of golf... we had dinner last night with Uncle Wade and he thinks Scott stole his golf shoes. If so, just keep them out of sight when they're in town :)

Elizabeth said...

Sometimes you just have to get away. Sometimes I think I'd like to take a permament vacation. Especially from the emotional rollar coaster rides. Look like you guys had fun!

J♥M said...

I'm so glad to were able to get in a little R&R! FUN! I sure hope that this week's been better!

Johnson said...

I am so sorry you had such an awful week. Screw everyone!?!?! I am glad though that you got away! The boys are too much fun! I love the pictures. Sometimes there is nothing like getting away from everything and being with your hubby!!

Karin said...

GORGEOUS! You two have the greatest times together!
p.s. I had a similar avon-experience in a grocery store several years ago... nice for the ego, I tell ya...

Laurel said...

GREAT pictures! To ditto everyone above, sometimes getting away from everything (and everyone) is amazing beyond words. I'm glad it helped you guys recoup and that you had such a nice time together. Love and miss you!