Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Humor found everyday!!!

Okay, so here is what I look like today.
I mean not much, but hey when you wear your pajamas to work (aka scrubs), wearing a headband in my hair is pretty much like getting ready for the prom. Just so you know, I'm wearing my "cute" scrubs with a ruffle, and I'm wearing mascara. Having said that, now the story can begin. (Man my face looks chubby in that photo!)




A patient today, who shall remain nameless, came in complaining of shortness of breath. We spent 45 minutes together pretty eye to eye during the exam and then I walked her up to the front to check out. The waiting room is full of other patients, as well as receptionists at the desk. I say adios and send her off into the waiting room and she raises her voice to get my attention and says, "Can I give you this? You look like you could use it." And hands me the below pictured item:
A lovely trial size of lipstick, eyeshadow, and blush. To which my response was like:

"What the f#$%^&*?"

So what you're tellin' me, is I'm walking around looking like some homeless vagabond who needs a serious makeover. It would be like me telling this patient, who complains of shortness of breath, "Can I give you this? You look like you could use it" and then handing her a mirror! I mean at 5' 1" 265 pounds...what can I tell ya? Not to mention she was dolled up like she was headed to the gala event of the century. She clearly had to have gotten up at about 5 this morning to apply her make up to make it to the 11 am appointment.

In my mind I was thinking:

"Hey, I know, I have a little something for you in my pocket...."

and then whip out this:

My blow up bird!

People kill me! I love it! I am never offended, but just find people so dang interesting! The stuff people say is hysterical! I'm sure I've put my foot in my mouth plenty of times...that's for another post, but I had to laugh at this one! My mommy told me when I was a little girl that I was always pretty with or without makeup. It's summer, my friends, days of no foundation, except for a little moisturizer and SPF. The funny thing is, I'll be the first to admit that I don't wear a lot of make up. And this is in no way a fishing expedition for comments on whether I look good with or without makeup! I also am a huge fan of having your own business (BeanLees), but I'm also a huge fan of minding your own business!:) Time and place, people, there is a time and place.

It got me thinking: How do hairstylists do it? Aren't there times when I'm sure they see some bad mullet, or "Edward scissor hands-gone-awry-hairdo" and are tempted to give them their card. What about the esthetician who sees a man or woman man or woman hmmm, can't quite decide the gender because they have a full mustache? I'm sure they would like to give out their card to help them out with a wax.

Ya know, just interesting thoughts worthy of documentation. Hey, this is MY journal blog!
As a side note, this patient asked if I would give her my number so she could follow up on how I liked the make up...to which I gave her a completely false set of 7 digits! Whoops! Sorry, lady I'm not helpin' you on your way to the pink Cadillac--but good luck!

17 comments:

Wendy said...

Dude I am seriously W-E-T-T-I-N-G myself!!! I am in love with the play-by-play photos!! OMG, LOL!!

Dottie Stay said...

Those damn Mary Kay ladies! They are the ones with balls of steel. I had one approach me in target, and asked me about my skin. Hells bells, leave me the _____ alone!!

normondo said...

Megs, you kill me with your stories! Amen to summer and less make up! Thanks for the laugh. 123 Lisa

Denise said...

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA. I LOVE that you took pics of your reactions for the blog. Hilarious.

LEE BIEN said...

A lady in my ward recently called to say that she couldn't help but wonder if I'd be interested in learning how to use products that would help me with my aging skin, and makeup that would improve my appearance. I'm not kidding. She was trying so hard to be PC but what she was really saying was, "Hey, you're pretty ugly, but I can help." I tried not to be offended, but Yikes!

J♥M said...

I just have to say that you said it all so well!
Thanks for making my day!
The nerve of some people!

Laurel said...

OH... MY... GOSH!!!!!!! It blows me away how frequently people have absolutely ZERO sense of tact. Man. That is stinkin' hilarious!

And btw, you DO still look beautiful sans make-up. If I could get away without some of it sometimes, I'd be right there with you. :)

Hannah Jones said...

I'm laughing so hard. I'm just going to acknowledge the elephant in the room and say that I peed my pants a lil'!!

Maybe the lady needed you to throw a scale at the back of her head on her way out the door.
That would fix it!!

Alicia said...

Oh wowie...
Ridiculous stuff, man. Well, I know you aren't fishing here, but I'm going to say it anyway: You are beautiful with or without make up. I really hate Mary Kay. Seriously.

Kirsti said...

oh, my, my....people kill me! I love that those MK people will do anything to get a buck! I myself have also been approached at Walmart. Seriously she would have done the same thing to a Dairy Princess and we all know they don't need anymore makeup!

Rachel said...

What a funny post! Loved the pictures! I know you weren't fishing, but let me just say that I wish I could get away without makeup. You always look fantacular.

Kate said...

OH MY GOSH! You are hysterical Megs! Wow. LOL This might be your best post EVER. :)

Todd and Ashley said...

YOU ARE SO HILAROUS!!! I love how you come up with these funny little thoughts. You have always made me smile. LOVE YOU!!

Michelle said...

okay that is freaking hysterical. I really can't explain why, but I have a serious aversion to Mary Kay products and all they stand for. I feel guilty ditching out on my neighbors' parties... but they just make me feel ugly (and poor). Good call "fake numbering" her. I love it.

Jeff & Jacki Sharp said...

Wow! You have seriously made my day and I could not agree more! There are some real winners out there don't you think?! By the way I just have to say you are completely gorgeous.

Johnson said...

Kiss my freakin butt lady! I'd even powder it for her!!! I sometimes do not understand where people get their nerve. I like not to wear makeup and I don't care what anyone thinks..so just keep doing what you're doing and let's make these Mary Freakin Kay ladies go out of business. Too funny..you make me laugh! Megan I need to hang out with you..you are too much fun!!

Em said...

YOU are so Funny, I think you are beautiful, I would love to be you, bum butt and all,YOU are so great to just take things like that and laugh later... good for you.