Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Hip Hip Jorge!

Anyone that knows me well, knows I love the New York Yankees! I have been to New York 16 times and every time I go (if it's baseball season), I always catch a game. I wanted to give a shout out to Jorge Posada--MY FAVORITE PLAYER! Poor guy is on the DL because of his right shoulder. He is the catcher...who can throw anyone out at second on a attempted steal! He says batting doesn't hurt, but throwing does. So he's out for quite awhile. He hasn't been injured or on the disabled list since 1996--unbelievable! When he is up to bat the crowd yells "Hip, Hip Jorge!" (get it...hip, hip, hooray!) It's so much fun to sit in the stadium--"the house that Ruth built"--and feel of the All-American history. I'm excited for the new stadium that is almost complete (next few months), but also have some mixed feelings about leaving the stadium where all the "greats" played-- George Herman Ruth "the Babe", Lou Gehrig, Hank Aaron, Jackie Robinson (first man to break the "color" barrier), Willie Mays, Joe DiMaggio, Yogi Berra etc.
Baseball is just a classic American activity! The smell of peanuts (kind of makes me nervous...I'm allergic to nuts) but the smell is great! The smell of popcorn and beer! The vendors walking through the crowd yelling "get your peanuts here," there is absolutely NOTHING better than a Bronx stadium dog! The hot dogs there are probably made from something from the gutter and yet the atmosphere makes them taste like a premier dish! And you gotta love the 7th inning stretch where everyone stands up and sings (at the top of their drunken lungs) "take me out to the ball game!" Wow--I love it!
Because of stupid adult responsibilities (finances) we're gonna miss going this year...which is the most important year ever...the last season they play in the old stadium. I'm so, so sad--(I'm registered at Wells Fargo and Bank of Utah). Don't worry I'll be glued to my "Joey Laz-y boy" when the All-star game comes around--July 15. And other events going on between July 11-15--including the home run derby and the DHL activities. I actually looked into being a volunteer to help with some of the activities so that it's free to attend the events. But, Scott and I have a Lee family reunion that exact weekend--we couldn't afford it anyway. But I'd still pick my in-laws, I love 'em that much! But there better be a TV in the Yellowstone cabin! :)

5 comments:

Kate said...

Who knew you were such a big baseball fan! Jorge is hot.

Moreau's said...

Go Cubbies! That one was for your bro, and my dad-io! I have to say go Padres! Sorry, even though they are not the best, and they don't even compare with the whole history aspect of baseball, they are still my hometown team! I got to root for them!
p.s. I scrolled down and became really jealous, of how cool both your families are! Can the Moreau's be adopted into the group? Do you think they would even notice?

Laurel said...

@&*% STRAIGHT you'd choose the in-laws over NY! And not to worry. If there's no TV we'll bring a wireless card and watch it on a lap top. Those in-laws of yours have you covered!!! Love you!

LEE BIEN said...

Megan, even though we won't be in NY, we'll make sure you get to watch! How can we make it up to you? Can a family non-talent show come close to a Yankees game? Let the good times roll.

Alicia said...

No TV make Lees go something something...
Can't wait!!