
I never got to meet Scott's Papa, Larry Kempton, so I wanted to visit his grave and get a picture. We stayed with Nanny (Papa's wife). I felt a good presence there that felt familiar because I know he was at my wedding sealing ceremony.

My handsome Scotty at his grand-papa's grave site.

Here we are in front of the Mesa temple. What a treat! Scott's parents were married there April 25, his grandparents, and low and behold MY grandparents--The Colonel Jack and Marjorie Tueller were married there March 17, 1942. My grandfather was a fighter pilot in WWII and was leaving for Tallahassee, Florida on March 18 and then on to a flight base in Germany. They really wanted to to get married and sealed before he left for the war, but the Mesa temple was closed because it was the 100 year celebration of the Relief Society. A temple worker heard of the dilemma and called the temple president. The temple president himself contacted them and married them that very day. They were sealed together before he left for war. This is the same grandfather who visited me and played the trumpet a few months ago!:) I love him!

All in all--good times in Phoenix and absolutely LOVED the sun--I tend to suck up color quickly and really hope to die from skin cancer--I will look awesome in my casket!
10 comments:
My family was sealed in that temple too! I love that place! I'm jealous you got to go. :P
I have yet to visit Papa's grave since the funeral, so I'm glad you guys had the chance to do that. Jason never met him either, and I frequently think about how much I loved him and wish the rest of our family could spend time with him. The Mesa temple will ALWAYS hold a special place in my heart!
Thanks for the memory of Papa. I live here and haven't been by in a while. I needed that moment to think about him :) You guys are great and we ALL want to know when you're coming back?!
Thanks for some more Phoenix photos! By the way, I'm loving the CD's that Scott made for me. They are a fantastic assortment of fabulous easy listening and laid back music. Thanks for passing along the love!
Aww, super great photos! Indeed, "Papa" was a fabulous man. If you ever want to feel like getting to know him better, just go hang out with my dad a bit. They look and act so similar! It's hilarious at times:) AWESOME story of your grandparents! That is so great they were married that day!
First of all, let's go pick you out a casket that matches your skin tone... courtesy of Walker Mortuary :)
And secondly, thanks for the post! You are so cute to care so much about Scotty's family. (You know, like, me.)
p.s. thanks for my parents' anniversary reminder... I always forget!
Meg, I love all your cute Arizona picutres. It looks like you two had fun. The weather was nice I bet. It needs to be that warm here in Utah. This weather is nuts.
Hey Megan & Scott-
I hope you don't mind me snooping around on your blog:) I just had to tell you how neat I think the story of your grandparents is. My grandparents were married in the Mesa temple too!
anyway I am going to add your blog link to my blog...I hope that is okay. Then I can snoop legally!
Megs.
You do soak up the rays... sheesh. Look at you all golden brown and sun kissed. Lovely!
I'll be checking the site now more often!
Although I must say I'm sad to see Scott wearing a Utah Jazz hat in some of these pics. Noooooooooo!
Post a Comment