Friday, November 16, 2007

Grateful beyond words...

I know it just so happens to be Thanksgiving, however, even if it wasn't, I have reason to be so grateful! The list is a mile long...and so it begins! Where to start? I feel like I have just won an academy award and need to pull out my piece of paper with names. First, I am so thankful for a healthy body! Boy, it doesn't take much to make you appreciate the miracle of your own human body! I am grateful for modern medication and modern science--which absolutely baffles me when you really start looking into it! I am so thankful for my family and by my family I mean a definition that surpasses "blood." Of course my own ma and pa (Norm and Rosie)--incredible beyond words. I would not be alive (on a number of occasions) if it wasn't for my mom and dad--always stepping in at just the right time--to SAVE me! Abraham Lincoln once said, "Everything I am, or ever hope to be, I owe to my angel mother!" (and I'll add father) but it's the truth and always has been! My other parents, Dave and DeAnn who are incredible people who have taken me in and unconditionally accepted me! I feel so comfortable around them. My sisters--Melinda, Inger, Kristen, Michelle, Laurel, and Alicia who are truly my best friends--"Sisters by birth and Friends by choice!"--Talking to them is like having my own cheering section in the crowd that gets more excited about my own, personal achievements than I do! My baby brothers--Norm, Jonny, Brett, and Matt (and their wives--Lisa and Mendy! I think I talk to their wives more than I even talk to my own brothers--girls just rule!) But always knowing that my brothers have my back--means so much to me! I am so thankful for our grandparents, DonnaBelle Kempton and the Colonel Jack and Marjorie Tueller. How grateful I am that we have three generations alive and well. I am so thankful for the bond of family and the loyalty and support I feel that comes from them! My extended family has been such a strength to me! I can't believe people love you enough to include you in their very personal prayers. I have to thank Shellie, who has been my stable rock since the summer of 1997! I am grateful for Wendy who has so much of the same "situations" as me that I feel bad for her!:) I am thankful for Angie, my friend in Washington who, through her own struggles, gives me strength. I love my friends April and Lesa and am so grateful for them! They have sent me multiple emails of an hysterical nature to get me through life! They have been solid, best friends since 1981, after my family moved from Hawaii. I am so grateful for my sister's friends who have turned into a complete blessing to me: Rachel, Kim, Devon, Jenny Lloyd, Virchow, Kirsti, Tara, and Misty. I am grateful for my neighbors who are such good friends: Hannah, Jenn, Anna, Joanie, Jean-Marie, and Ashlee. I love the girls I work with and am so grateful for them: Denise, Lorell, Mindy, and Ashley. I hesitate in mentioning names for fear that I have forgotten someone, but these good friends and family mentioned have specifically gone through something with me recently that I could not have done without each one of them! I have such reason to rejoice in Thanksgiving! Most importantly, I want people to know I am SO THANKFUL for my Heavenly Father--I love Him so much and I know He loves me! He is very aware of my situation and is completely on top of things!:) He knows better what I need than what I think I want! I also realize, however, that He expects me to do my part...the big question is what is that? I think He expects us to do all within our power (financially, emotionally, physically, etc.) and then turn it over to Him. I think you can do all that you can possibly do and the Lord's will is what will prevail, and gratefully so! He knows all the parameters of what is going on and knows what would be best for all of his children. The atonement covers more than just mistakes and sins, it "makes up the rest...." of whatever that might be. It also says in Alma 7: 11-12 (in the Book of Mormon--for my non-LDS chums--Jer, be nice to the missionaries!) that Christ suffered these things that "He would know how to succor His people." I have researched the word "succor" and it literally means "run to." Jesus Christ did what he did so that He would know how to "run to" his children in their time of need! It brings me to tears to know that there is someone who completely understands with empathy, not just sympathy. The visual I have in my mind of my Elder brother, Jesus Christ, running to me to "make it better" is something I hold dear in my thoughts and heart and I recall that image often! Last but certainly not least, I am so grateful that Heavenly Father knew better than myself and blessed me with my wonderful husband! In Genesis it reads: "And Jacob worked 7 years for Rachel, and they seemed unto him but a few day because the love he had for her!" I waited 30 years, 4 months, and 24 days to be blessed with Scott as my husband and as long and hard as that seemed, I would do it a thousand times over. Without him, well, I shudder to think what my life would be like. So there you have it...some of the things I am so thankful for! I love you all!

18 comments:

Michelle said...

Megan, You are so amazing. And this goes to Scott too. Just remember that everyone you're thankful for, everyone you're rooting for, everyone you're praying for, is doing the same and feeling the same about you. I love you so much and I'm so so grateful that I've been blessed to have you in my life!

Hannah Jones said...

Ditto to the above comment! :)
You guys make it so easy to love you! You are wonderful. We are all lucky to have you in our lives...
I am thankful for your testimony and your example.
Much love,
Hannie

miller family said...

megan, i was so happy to see you at church today. you always make me smile. i think so much of you - just wanted you to know:)

tiff m.

Laurel said...

Megan, you are incredible! We are so lucky to have a brother (Scotty) who had the state of mind to ask you to marry him... and that you said YES! I love you guys so much and am so excited to see what you accomplish together. You are both amazing and deserve every blessing in your lives now, and those that are coming you way!

Karin said...

And to add to your Genesis quote... after Jacob worked 7(which turned into 14) years for Rachel it says in Genesis 30:22 And God remembered Rachel. Just as God remembers each one of us. -I thought of you during my sacrament meeting talk yesterday. We love you guys!!! Thanks for the "Thankful" post!

Dottie Stay said...

First let me wipe away the tears! Beautiful, absolutely beautiful!!!
I love you more than I could ever try to express!!! Here is to the future!!

Shellie said...

As I sit here in tears I feel thankful for each one of the people you listed (even though I don't know many of them). This has been such a rough journey but with such a sweet ending, no scratch that, a sweet beginning to a new chapter! Your faith is amazing to me! I love you so much and will be sending you Jenny Macarthy's book soon! Cause no one likes a sloppy...well we'll just keep that between us girls!!

Alicia said...

Oh Megan---
I am so touched by what you have written here. Thanks so much for it, and for allowing me "in" to your world! I don't know where I'd be without you as a sis. You are such an inspiration to me and such a great friend. Thanks for that too. I remember very clearly-back in our Pinnacle days- watching you teach Suday School, and thinking to myself how wonderful it would be to have you as my sister forever.
Thank you thank you thank you!
I love you!

Todd and Ashley said...

Megan you are seriously the most amazing woman out there. I look up to you in so many ways, you have no clue. I am just so so so happy you are happy and doing well. Life is never what we expect it but "amen" to everything you said. I got the chills reading your thoughts and thanks to all your friends and family. Everyone needs to remember the real reason why we are here on this earth. Just read Megans Blog!!!! Love you girl!!!!

Elizabeth said...

Megan-

I love reading your blog. I'm hoping and praying for everything to work out well for you!

Elizabeth

Kirsti said...

Wow! I have no words. Megan you are amazing and such a great person, love that we are related!
Check out thechadahoochies.blogspot.com

Jen said...

Megs,
We all absolutely love, love, love you. What an inspiration you are!

Rachel said...

I hope you know how much I really do love you. Your post was so sweet. I've been thinking about you so much lately. I have thanked Heavenly Father for the things he has blessed you with most recently too. You are the best!

miller family said...

megan, so i don't know if you'll get this, but i hope so. thank you so much for your kind words on my blog. you are such a great person, and i always feel your amazing spirit everytime i see you!!
and, we went to new york for work - kindof. my group marching in the macy's parade - it was so cool!
have a great day.

LEE BIEN said...

As always, I read your post long after it was written, but I need to comment through my tears. I love, love, love you my daughter. I am thankful for you and for my Scott, and know that your blessings are a direct result of your faith and trust. Here's to a perfect holiday season, and to an even better 2008! Love, Mama Lee

elshmobelsh said...

I am so thankful to know people like you who take life and it's challenges and show them who is really boss. Thank you for your example to me!
love,
elsje

Hannah Jones said...

Meggles,
(I can't believe I just called you that...but I'm not embarassed enough to erase it...!)
I know you've kind of got a lot on your plate right now, but I'm really needing a Lee family fix. Could you post some of F'er and Bomber or something? Have Scotty take a picture of you asleep with the death grip? Something...
Or.. I suppose I could just walk around the corner to get my high..
BAH. I'm just too lazy. And this is a novel. Good night.

Johnson said...

Megan, I love to read your posts. I totally look up to you and the strength that you have in your life. I love that word "succor" too. I wish I would have found it on my own, but my hubby of course has shared that scripture with me and that fact that it means "to run to". What an amazing visual and understanding that we aren't alone and especially when we need him!!! I don't know what your trials are but I do know that you are one strong woman and if anyone can have the faitn and the courage, it will be you!!!! You are amazing!!!