Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Sucker!

So I finally watched the remake of the wonderful Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice--ok I'm tearing up just typing it (sniff, sniff). I am a sucker for the happy, romantic ending! Let me set the scene. Scott was gone for the night, so I had just finished walking the big F'er and wondering what I might do to occupy my time other than bills, dishes, and worrying about bills and dishes, when who should call? Hallo Poppet, my little sister shows up at my house (without the kids) and WITH Cafe Rio pork/black bean salads! What a night!!! We settle into our "Joey" recliners, close the blinds, give Frank a bone, and blast the surround sound! I LOVE MY SISTER! That movie was phenomenal. Wherever they filmed it was amazing! And lets just be honest, girls...may we all be as lucky to be as beautiful as Keira Knightley. She was fantastic as Elizabeth Bennett! Not to mention perfect on Pirates as Elizabeth Swann (what's with the Elizabeth's?) (Sidenote: Kate, with F--in Covey was the punctuation inside or outside the parenthesis/quotation marks?) Since Pirates and P & P are the two most recent movies I have seen, I can't stop thinking in an English accent! Has that ever happened to anyone else? I have been all tongue-tied trying to talk to patients today--I sound like a damn fool! :) My sister and I have our "own" accent, but I would like to have the perfect English accent (ditto, Kate!) and sound smart! Any suggestions?

8 comments:

Laurel said...

So I didn't know you hadn't seen that version yet! It's one of my favorites! (the soundtrack is fantastic, too) And I agree on the whole Keira Knightley thing too. I don't know why but I wanted to not like her in that role, I mean come on, it's the best role ever! But she was so good! Mr. Darcey wasn't too shabby himself either... :)

Rachel said...

You have the best sister in the world! I too loved Pride and Prejudice- though I didn't love Pirates too much. Speaking of an English accent- I have a "dramatic" cousin who came to one of my birthday parties when I was in high school. She talked in an English accent the entire party and everyone thought she was a little strange! Ha ha ha

Dottie Stay said...

Hallo Poppet! I say talk in the accent. Remember when you were someone cute little Irish friend? I think people would totally buy it, and then you could be someone different with all of your patients. That would make for a fun day! Or just talk in our accent. I think that everyone at work now talks like us. Clearly, I have no shame, and talk like that even when I don't know it. "Thanks little Marjorie in the corner"

Jen said...

How fun! I love Cafe Rio and big recliners. The combo sounds like heaven! You two are the best. And, I have to say, Melinda is like a walking party. How lucky are you to have her as a sister!

Rachel said...

Hey- this is in response to your post on my blog. I am down to 37 days before my baby comes. It is a boy and we are naming him Landon Troy. I'm having a c-section on July 20th. It's crazy isn't it?

Rachel said...

You've been on my list of fav bloggers all along! Sorry I didn't even ask! I just added it since I check it daily! I'm flattered to be added to yours!

Devon said...

Megan - what a fun blog! And I love the new Pride and Prejudice, but not nearly as much as the old and LONG Colin Firth one...although I strongly believe that every movie would be better with Colin Firth in it, so I might be a tad biased. Fun to see your great pics on your blog!

Kate said...

I can't even begin to comment about punctuation because I can't support you watching any Pride and Prejudice other than the Colin Firth A&E version. SHAME ON YOU!! Oh, and the punctuation should have been: Elizabeths?). Right? LOL