Oh man did we have a whale of a good time in Wales!!! Nielsen reunion 2011! We ate like kings and queens and I just loved being together. I didn't care what we were doing, as long as we were together! It was a little hot, but with my thyroid being so off, I found it to be just fine.

Cache, Carter, Wrigley, Ethan, and Duncan

I love country folk! This is our next door neighbor's Rhino. He saw that we had come into town (and doubled the population) and said to use his Rhino for some fun with the kids! What a nice guy. Here are Wrigley, Cache, and Carter in the back with Paddy driving in front with Duncan.

This trip clarified any question about Frank and Bronx being country or city folk. They definitely enjoy their cushy lifestyle of a/c and indoor living with blankets, beds, space heaters, memory foam pillows, etc. I tried to make their outdoor setting as comfortable as possible. They slept in our tent with us on their beds, but we ended up with stickers in their paws and they were hot and both their breeds don't handle heat very well. Don't judge me, they are my babies and I was worried about their comfort. Rosie has a strict NO DOGS ALLOWED in the house policy and you gotta respect it, it's her house. So we had a strict NO PEOPLE ALLOWED in our tent policy...just kidding...lol!

This is my favorite picture that I stole from Lisa! Check out this car full of cuties!! Carter has just finished some under the hood mechanic work and Wrigley is off driving Duncan with Cache and Ivy thrown in the back. I am soooo happy that Lisa is having a baby girl in a few weeks so Ivy won't be the only girl surrounded by all these crazy hoodlums!

Fireworks provided by Paddy and Rosie, pyrotechnics provided by Norm and Scott, of course!!!

One of the cutest things (another stolen one from Lisa) dad's with their sleeping sons. Deron and Duncan.

Jonny and Wrigley.

Oh man, this one deserves to be blown up! My cute mom had orchestrated a "march for America". Each of the kids got a little flag and an instrument. My mom had cymbals, drums, a tambourine, harmonica, etc. and the ninos got to march around singing and shouting "we love America" or "happy birthday America." This is Cache saying "birthday merica!" It was sooo stinkin' cute! He has the cutest little voice!

Paddy and Rosie with Cache at the parade in Moroni...best 4th of July parade, ever!!! It's about 30 minutes long, they throw tons of candy, an airplane flies over and drops ping pong balls and you win prizes depending on what ping pong ball you get, and you can show up 5 minutes before the parade find parking and a place to sit! My dream parade!!!

This picture is precious!!! Norm and Cache...with Paddy and Rosie and Melinda and Glenn in the background.

It's amazing what you can find on the internet! I found the cutest little idea for a pom pom for little wee ones to have to shake and wave at the parade. It was made from blue and white wal*mart sacks and cheap dowels I bought at Michael's and then wrapped in Melinda's blue painting tape. Melinda and I took our "assignments" a little seriously...lol. And made up a few assignments of our own! Any excuse for us to spend more time together!

The fam at the parade as the flag is coming. I love belonging to this big bunch of crazies!!!

One of many breakfasts! The counter top is a little high for the size of the stools, so every time they would sit up to eat, Ethan and Carter would crack me up with their floating heads.

In Wales, you don't have to eat in the kitchen! Mom let's you eat anywhere you want!

Any kid that needs a high chair gets to use grandma's old wooden piece of beauty! Love it! Love Archer!!

You can also throw the ball IN the house in Wales!!!

Carter and Duncan playing catch with Paddy. The happiness on these 2 faces just makes me smile!!

LOVE IT!

While we were down there, Archer celebrated his big 1st birthday! Big Archi-butter-ball is ONE! I am so glad he has completed the Stailey hermano quatros!





Love these guys!!

So...like I said, Melinda and I took our dinner assignment to the patriotic max and made these "revolutionberries!"

We were awfully proud of ourselves! :)

I love these two! Ivy Victoria is very picky with who can hold her...of course Scotty is on that short list of people.

Alexa and Quincy went golfing with Scott, John and Jonny. These two girls are wonderful nieces! I adore them!

Kristen and Archer. Oldest Nielsen child with youngest Nielsen grandchild! AMAZING!

Duncan, Carter, Wrigley all swinging.

I LOVE this picture! Jonny's son, Wrigley, Norm's son, Cache, and Melinda's son, Duncan! My three younger siblings' little boys!

Ethan has ALWAYS loved Frank! He is always giving him hugs and loves and is so gentle with the big beast. I couldn't stop taking pictures of how cute they were together.


My mom is a pretty saweet grandma! She takes her job seriously and always has fun things planned for the grandkids!

Seriously, how cute, huh?!

Talk about your simple pleasures: my mom pushing my brother's kid on a swing, while my sister's kid lounges on my big dog all while a good 20 of us (give or take 5) are all hanging out drinking Coke and spittin' seeds.

Cache was an excellent marcher in his camo boots with his tambourine! All the while shouting "birthday merica!" So cute!!!

The marching came to a hault when we found a ginormous stink bug!!!

This is my tribute to Kelly McGillis in "Witness." I was trying to keep the sun off my face and could only find my mom's hat. Apparently I have a much bigger head than my mom.

My dad drove "into town" and purchased this little swimming pool for the wee ones. Carter
clearly had a good time! His whole body lights up when he smiles! I love it!

My mom
never stops! The woman has more energy than any person I know.

Nice patriotic pedicure and we always love a good flip-flop line!

Oh, here's a lovely close-up of one of the revolutionberries!

So much dang fun!

Duncan has the funniest, cutest personality. We would find him here on the front porch, talking to Frank and Bronx. No really, talking to them. He was telling them about his trucks and talking about his Otter Pops. One time we looked outside the window and he was sharing his Otter Pop with each of them. Seriously, it was hilarious. One lick for Dunc, one lick for Frank. One lick for Dunc, one lick for Bronx. That kid is his OWN self!

One afternoon we all put together a swingset. Very entertaining!

The boys kept getting stickers in their paws. Seriously, who needs kids...I have two!

Cache was hilarious and took it upon himself to find the
correct screwdriver and join the boys!

The big beautiful beast lounging in the shade.

The little prince enjoying a fresh breeze that catches his ears and provides multiple scents for his canine nose. Ah, to be a dog!

Well, I gots no explanation...but dang, we are always having fun!

How many guys does it take to put together a swingset?

By all means Frank, get comfortable!

Melinda and I found another fun craft called Uncle Sams.




I love watching my mom and dad with my brothers' and sisters' kids! It melts my heart!

Staileys brought their car and Wrigley commanderred it and was never seen again! LOL

More from our own marching parade. I am so grateful my parents brought us up in such a patriotic way! I come from a long line of proud Americans!

Little miss blue-eyed, blonde Ivy Victoria, pulled out her "pretties" aka bows in her hair and she ended up looking like she had devil horns! I loved it!

We hurried back from Wales to make sure we could take full advantage of living in Sugarhouse and enjoying the fireworks that take place at Sugarhouse park!!!

The fireworks were absolutely fantastic and lasted for almost an hour! I just love the fourth of July and always have. Scott knew this while we were dating and so planned out perfectly a magical July 4, 2003. We were on top of the Palms in Vegas (VIP service) with the fireworks going off over the New York New York hotel and Scott said, "This is the closest I could get you to the New York City skyline for the fourth of July and I wanted to you to see fireworks when I tell you that I love you for the first time!" It was so incredibly romantic, I don't even know if there are words. I remember feeling so unreal that I honestly thought I was going to pass out I was so light headed from my head spinning (or heavy breathing, I'm not sure). LOL!
I love the fourth, and this year had a great time with my side of the family!
9 comments:
HAHAHA!!! Heavy breathing! Oh man always a good entertaining times with us Nielsens! Crazies is right! Dear Frank and Bronx. I love that they are city folks! Oh man how I love them, and My boys love them even more! Could you imagine barkley in wales!? LOL! Um, where are my boots? you idiots want me to go outside......yeah right! Cache and his belly shirt picture made me laugh! Wrig and Ivy are so funny too! Love them all! The one with the three in the wagon is fantastic!
You really got yourself a romantic man! I love that story. Other than that, it looks like you guys had a down home trailer trashy 4th, which makes you real U.S. of A-ers! I LOVE your family. Can Norm and Rosie adopt us, please?????
It looks like you had a great holiday! Spending it with great people makes it even better. What an adorable story with the fireworks! I am in love with fireworks too, the BIG ones!
And, where was my invite to the Nielsen Fam reunion in stinkin Wales? Musta got lost again....mmmmmhmmmmm! (Do you see the finger wagging that went with that?) Looks like a grand time-you, Melinda and the crew...what is a better time???
Solid family fun! I'm glad you took Frank and Bronx with you. Great times!
Megs, looks like you had a fantastic 4th of July. Your family is so dang fun, they always get into everything which is awesome. Loved your sweet comment on my blog, we sure miss you guys. Hope you are doing well. I think of you often. Love you!!
Hugs and Kisses!
I feel like I haven't seen you in forever. We all need to get together soon. Great post!
You guys really know how to celebrate! Boy do I miss you!!!!
I love you guys!!! And you and Mindy I must say are two VERY talented gals!! I'll hire you to do our next extravaganza!!! So creative!! Looks like a lot of fun!
Post a Comment