Saturday, September 11, 2010

9/11--one "H" of a day!

9.11.73 Megan Victoria Nielsen was born in Kahuku, Oahu Hawaii.



9.11.78 My hamster "Hammy" died during my 5th birthday party!


9.11.80 David Scott Lee was exactly 3 weeks old.


9.11.85 44 yr. old Pete Rose surpassed Ty Cobb's all-time hits leader in all of baseball, with 4,192 hits. (Pete Rose never ended up in the baseball hall of fame, however, due to his admission of betting on baseball games...disappointing!) He retired with a total of 4,256 hits, which is still the record today.
9.11.89 I saw Phantom of the Opera in NYC on my 16th birthday!


9.11.94 I celebrated my 21st birthday in NYC at Virgil's (best restaurant EVER!)


9.11.01 My class at The Mayo Clinic was right in the middle of singing "happy birthday" to me, when the head of the department came into the room to tell us of the Twin Towers attack.
9.11.02 Nanette and I met in NYC to "play" and pay our respects on the one year anniversary.





9.11.03 I turned 30, as Scott proposed to me on top of the Empire State Building in NYC!





9.11.05 Found a cardiac conference to "attend" in NYC and celebrate birthday #32!


9.11.08 First helicopter flight with my husband as the pilot!


9.11.09 At a Yankees game (in section 203--best seats ever) with John, Krissy, Jonny, and Mendy during the inaugural season of the new stadium and Scott had my name flash on the jumbo tron wishing me a happy #36 birthday!


Derek Jeter also surpassed Lou Gehrig's (the Iron Horse) 72 year old record for all time hits leader as a Yankee with hit number 2,722.


9.11.10 Ethan Stailey is baptized and Archer Stailey is blessed!
I turn 3 freakin' 7 and have a holy mid-life breakdown!


Can't wait to see what keeps coming on 9/11!

20 comments:

Mike and Lara said...

HAPPT BIRTHDAY, MEGAN! Glad you were born and super glad you are part of our family! Have a terrific day!!!!!
Love to you! Larabelle :)

Hannah Jones said...

Happy Birthday Meg~ I love you!!!
xoxo

Laurel said...

I think it's so fun how many fantastic things you have done on your birthday. I love you!!!!!

LEE BIEN said...

I LOVE this documentation of birthday moments! I think all I can remember about most of my birthdays is that I simply got older. We are so thankful that you are part of our lives. Happy Birthday!

J♥M said...

I hope you feel well enough to do a little celebrating today! Happy Birthday 37 times! I sure love ya! I hope you have many more great birthday's!

Denise said...

What a great post! I am always amazed at how sweet those engagement pics are. I mean, who has those? I hope you are having a great day! (oh, and to give you one more cool thing that happened on this day, my sister was just sealed in the San Diego Temple.)

Tara said...

Sept 11th-a day that will live in infamy for so many reasons! Happy Birthday, love pocket!

Karin said...

Well hap-hap-happ-y birthday! Love the 37 year highlight! You are fantastic. Exciting to celebrate your day with mounds of family, no doubt. Enjoy it!

Alicia said...

I am so happy you were born on 9/11. I love you so much!

Chelsea said...

Happy Birthday! You have one cool life my friend! :)

Jennifer and Jacob said...

Your birthdays make mine look like crap :)
Hope your day was awesome. I wish we could have seen you last night :)
Love you Megs,
Jen

cocopeterson8 said...

I've known you since grade school Megan and have always thought what a special little girl you were then and great woman you are now. I hope you have a great birthday. Gratulerer med dagen... You can ask Inger what that means in Norwegian. Our prayers are with you and hope you are feeling better. With love, Pete and Colleen. BTW, I love your blog.

Michelle said...

I can never get enough of those proposal pictures! Textbook definition of a perfect moment.

I love you! Happy birthday!

Jesse and Julie said...

Happy Birthday Megan! Hope your doing well! Luvs.

Lisa Nielsen said...

You have done so many awesome things on your birthday. I can't believe all the NY trips. Why haven't I been with you!? I loved spending the day with you yesterday. It was perfect to just chill out on the grass and talk. I love you tons and I am so glad you were born!

Julie Kaye said...

I love this post! I am just sad that I have missed two years of perfectly great birthdays to prove that I am not superstitious. I flew home from CO last year and WA this year....on your birthday. But I love your life!!

Jen Carter said...

Yay! Happy Birthday yesterday! I hope you had a fantastic day, and I really do love your proposal pictures....Scott gets permanent cool points in my book for that one :)

Stephanie said...

Hope you had a great Birthday! Sure love ya!

Mendy said...

This was such a cute post!!! Hope you had a good Birthday so glad I have spent the last 2 with you!!! You are so amazing and I don't know what I would do with out you so 9/11 is a GREAT day!!! And Thank you Rosie for have you!!! LOVE YOU hope you are feeling ok!!!

disneyking said...

Fantastico post my long lost friend. Ohhh my Megs. I have been a blog widow for quite awhile and am just now catching up on what has been going on in your life. Please know that the Forkin' Clarks (we moved to Spanish Fork in January) are thinking of you and sending every good vibe we can your way. You are still the only person in the world that can make me laugh so hard it hurts.
I miss you soo and love that you've traveled all over the world so I don't have to. I can just live vicariously through your blog!!!!