Today is the later part of day 9 and I think it's getting better. It is slow and very subtle...but hey it's not worse! The headaches I would say have gone from severe to moderate! The nausea is a little worse, but that's OK, I have an iron stomach! The fatigue is exhausting (is that an oxymoron?) but I seriously see maybe 1/2 cm of the tunnel light. As long as it doesn't get worse, I'm cool with that.
So the plan seems to be stay on this med for 6 months (December-ish) and then do another MRI and see what the size of the tumor is. If it has grown, then we talk surgery, if it has stayed the same size, then we just talk about selling one of my kidneys to afford this medication for the rest of my life?! OK, we'll all deal with that when it comes. For now, it's not getting worse, so to me that is fantastic!
The realtor comes tonight to look at our house and talk with us (insert MAJOR TEARS HERE!) I love my neighborhood and house--to me, it is a mansion and could not be cooler! However, my dad told me that I own the house, the house doesn't own me. You gotta do what you gotta do right? We have been looking for an apartment to rent, which is at the same time, relieving to me that it will be less to clean! We have a saying on one of our million picture frames (I love pictures to cover my walls) that says:
"Family (or in our case, Fami-LEE): It's not where you go or what you do but who is beside you that counts."
I know that to be the truth and that is for DAMN sure! Scott and I are so lucky to have such great family and friends. Seriously we are the luckiest people in the world to be loved by so many other people. Just the comments I get on this blog make me so happy and make me feel so loved and protected by so many! I can't tell you, dear friends and "readers" how much strength I gain from you. Emily's quote was perfect--thanks by the way xo! There is strength in numbers. Melinda told me of this month's (July 2010) LDS Ensign opening article by Henry B. Eyring, entitled "Faithful Friends." My favorite part of his thoughts are the following:
"In the next few days you will have many opportunities to be a friend for Him(Christ). It may be as you walk on a dusty road. It may be as you sit down in a railroad car. It may be as you look for a place to sit in a Church congregation. If you are watching, you will see someone carrying a heavy burden. It may be a burden of sorrow or loneliness or resentment. It may be visible to you only if you have prayed for the Spirit to give you eyes to see into hearts and have promised to lift up the hands that hang down. The answer to your prayer may be the face of an old friend, one you have not seen in years but whose needs suddenly come into your mind and heart and feel as if they are your own. I've had that happen to me. Old friends have reached out to me across the miles and the years to offer encouragement when only God could have told them of my burden."
Isn't that a beautiful thought? We're all in this together, right? I have been emotional as I have dealt with not the thought of having a tumor, but having so many friends that care that I have a tumor. (My favorite has been Shellie asking if by being dealt all this sh*t meant that I was Hitler is a former life! LOL) I am really moved when people show their care and concern. Thanks to so many! I will keep you posted, but I think a few days from now, I just might be feeling great--and then we just live a normal life until we do another MRI. We can do this, and by "we," I truly mean WE...I know that I am not alone and I am so thankful to have YOU.
18 comments:
I just love how you write.
You're right!
We all care about you!
We're thankful for you and LOVE you!
Well just in case, I know that my neighbor's house at the end of my street is for rent. ;)
Yes, you're right. I was so happy to see you sharing this on here, becuase it really is through love and encouragement from those who love us that we get through the trials in our lives. NOBODY was meant to deal with life's struggles alone. You have an incredible support system (you AND Scott, btw)! I love you guys!
I 2nd that you are great at writing! I am glad that you can see a flicker of light! I hope the rest goes fast.....can't hurt to hope!! I have had 3 of my clients ask about you in the last 2 days! Tonz of people love and care for you, and I loved it, so I thought I would share!! I hope everything goes well with your house, and I will start looking in MY neighborhood for a house to rent! I like that idea....don't you? :) Love you all!!
I have one thing to say...You just call out my name, and you know wherever I am, I'll come running, just to see you again!
I think I like Tara even more now for quoting my friend, Sweet Baby James... I knew I liked her. :)
I'm here for you, sister. I love you like you are my own flesh and blood. Actually, that sounds weird because I seriously consider you mine. Really. This blows big time. No questions asked, but it's wonderful to know how loved you really are. You are one special person.
(I like that Scott guy too.)
I just got home from being out of town. As I checked out my girls' blogs I discovered that you are now sharing this personal information. I think that is a good thing. You have so many friends and family members who love you and want to offer support. You are never alone. I have loved Scott from before he was even born and Megan, you are the perfect spouse for him. We will get through all of this through love and it will be nice to someday be able to look back and smile and see how the pieces have fit together. I think of you and pray for you every day.
I think that you need to move by us in OREM!!! One, because they allow dogs. And two, because you would have some freaking rocking neighbors!! :) We can have pool parties and...uhh....eat ice cream? Let us know if there is anything we can do whether it be moving stuff or whatever! We love you guys!
okay I am so sad about your house, but I just will tell you what I tell myself everyday- Things will work out however heavenly father wants them to, the hard part is waiting to see what chooses to do and accepting it. I am the worst at this! But when I'm feeling totally overwhelmed and stressed I try to remind myself that it will all work out somehow. Love you guys!!
Hey Megan, my blog buddy.I am so sad to hear what you're going through. You are such a great person and I've always admired you. Just wanted you to know that I'm thinking of you and praying for you guys. Hang in there, you're awesome!
You are so awesome! Hang in there! You are so strong and wonderful! I'm sad to hear that you are putting your house up for sale. We are definitely going to miss you. Hang in there and again, let me know if there is anything I can do. The chocolate offer is still on the table! :)
Hey, "NIELSEN" Strong is as Strong does. You notice I changed the wording for you. You of all people have the "attitude" to overcome this! You are in my prayers...
Megan-you are in my prayers. I've found when times are tough it helps to take one day at a time. Wake up, see that the sun is shining and start a new day. Heavenly Father will help with the rest. Good luck, stay strong and rely on faith.
Megs..... Nobody loves you more than me!!!! I can't believe this new development in your life. I'll pray for you and hope for the best!!!! Hang in there sweetie!!
Love you Meg. Your post made me think of a great line in a Dave Matthews song, "Turns out not where, but who you're with that really matters." Isn't that the truth? You will make it through all of this. I have no doubt.
We are all in this together! Tara toldme that's what this life is all about. When we can't do things for ourselves that's why we all have each other. And take advantage of each other. We all want to be a part of others lives and help them when ever and how ever we can. I will be your faithful friend til my dying day! And even then eternity is a hell of a long time! Bottoms up my friend. THERE AIN'T NOTHIN' WE CAN'T GET THROUGH!! You quote the Ensign, and I will quote Rob Thomas. "Say goodbye these days are gone.....say goodbye to these hard times!" It's not elder eyring, but hey it makes me feel good.
To my Meg:
I love you so much! I'm so sorry to hear about this latest and I'm sure that the last trial you are going through! I'm right here for you along with so many other people! I love you and I can't tell you that enough!
So glad to hear you are feeling a little better....That is an awesome article I loved that thanks for sharing that....Hey I thought I would be so heart broken to leave my house in St. George when we had to sell it but really you find a new place and a new family and even meet better freinds that you would have never known...Seriously as long you have your family it will be ok you can be happy where ever you are if you want to be.....I love you and can't wait to see you next weekend hopefully our schedules don't clash!!!! Love ya Girl!!!
Hey Megan and Scott
OOXXOOXXx You are in our prayers. We love you.
Lisa, Del and the boys
Post a Comment