We are staying in a castle near Perugia and Cortona. Our plans so far have been to make sure to hit Florence (and see the David--is that really that neat, I mean I've been to Caesar's Palace ;) and to Pisa to see the leaning tower. We fly in and out of Rome and so will spend a couple of days visiting the Vatican (tea with the Pope) and seeing the Coliseum. Venice would be quite a distance, but would it be worth it? We could see Cinque Terre if we passed on Florence (Haley is that a good idea?). I was rambling off all that I was interested in and asked Scott what he thought and he said, and I quote, "Well, Nanette's itinerary of hitting the wedding and rehearsal dinner (which is on a yacht in the middle of Lego Tresamino) just lounging in the castle, by the pool eating cheese sounds perfect to me!" So there may be some serious compromising. I vacation with a checklist and camera and Scott vacations with a swimming suit and book. We usually balance each other out pretty well. Thanks for all those who threw in their 2 cents...any more "change?"
17 comments:
I'm not worried at all! You two can find fun wherever you go! I've never been to Italy so 'm sorry I don't have any "change"! Have fun!
So jelous... I wish you could pack me in your bags... They would be really heavy and you wouldn't have anything to wear, but we would have fun ;-)
P.S. You decide for me on the head bands. I love any color. Laney has tons of cloths so anything would work. I trust you.
I'm sure you've been to Caesars Palace more than once, and me too, but my most fun memory is when I went with you!!! I have pictures! I'll have to show you the next time I see you. Wasn't it there that we saw the group following the feather duster, or was it a sunflower that the man was holding in the air? Oh I don't know but it sure did strike us funny right at that moment!!
You are going to have such a great time in Italy!!! Pleeeeease tell Nanette congrats for me :)
Rome is my favorite place on this planet. Seriously. The Vatican (especially the Sistine Chapel) are amazing. Venice is pretty cool too, but it's kind of hazy for me since we took the last train in and found that there was "no room at the inn" so to speak, and ended up sleeping on the steps of the train station... Anyway, have so much fun!!!
Seriously sounds so amazing, I have always wanted to go there, not to see anything in specific but just to EAT. So I think that is all you should do is EAT LOTS, and then some more for me.....When do you leave
Wow, you sure are a fancypants! Just in case you were wondering, it is still winter here in Utah... yep, at the end of May. How am I supposed to teach my daughter about the seasons when it snows in May???
Hate you all over again. UNLESS, you can introduce me to these fab people that are getting married in Italy and they need me to be a witness. EAT lots of gelato, REAL pizza, any pasta placed before you and take lots of pics to share!
You are going to have so much fun. I love that you and Scott balance each other out on vacations. I am more like you and have to see EVERYTHING! Norm likes to relax and watch tv while on vacation:) LOL. Have so much fun! The dress looked really cute. Take lots of pictures too! Love ya!
Venice is so interesting - a city without cars. Very walkable yet so beautiful. The Hall of Maps at the Vatican before you get to the Sistine Chapel is a place I could spent days visiting. Florence is wonderful - I can highly recommend a tour company - www.loving-italy.com - Scot and Rina are a married couple who give tours throughout Italy - we went on one with her in Florence in 2008, and with both of them in Rome this past January. They really know their stuff and can get you to see so much in a short period of time. They can get you tickets for the David ahead of time so you don't have to stand in long lines. I must say I probably had the best pizza ever in Italy (Florence to be exact). And the Euro is dropping now so you'll get more for your money. Have a great time. If you use the tour company,tell them Helen Knowles recommended them to you.
I am so freaking jealous of you for two reasons... 1. ITALY!!! (and for virtually no $$$) and 2. How damn hott you look in your silver dress. You rock!
That is going to be amazing!! We can't wait to see the pictures. Have a great time!
When we've been in Mexico we've traveled with a detailed itinerary, and I'm all for it. However, some of my best memories are of lounging in a beach chair or at Hacienda Chichen. Compromise. Don't rush so much in order to see everything that you don't stop long enough to enjoy anything. Less is more.
Oh man this will be so much fun....Just eat a lot of PIZZA and Gilato is that how you spell it ha.....You will have a blast......But watch out NO ice cream before Pizza you don't want to be running for a bathroom when everything is closed down but they probably have a ton of parks there to hahahahaha!!!!!
This sounds fantastic. You are one lukcy girl! Take tons of pictures....and then blog the hell out of them. I love picture posts!
Wow Italy! Hope you're having a great time. What a good friend you've been to so many - including my Shell.
What an amazing experience to go to Italy for a wedding!!! I bet it was a memorable trip for you guys. I hope to one day make it over to Europe at least once. It's so beautiful there.
Hope all is well cutie, sure miss you a ton!!! Love ya
Have so much fun! I think you are there right now, but FOR SURE hit Cinque Terra if you have time...unbelievable. Rome is also so full of stuff to see...amazing. Can't wait to hear all about it!
Post a Comment