Monday, April 19, 2010

Easter done Frank and Bronx style

Tease me all you want, but I do an Easter egg hunt for "my boys" for Easter. I get these big plastic eggs and fill them with lunch meat! I am telling you, IT IS HYSTERICAL! This is the third Easter we have done this and we laugh harder every year! I have Scott either hold them, or put them in a room and shut the door. I then run around the house and hide these meat-filled eggs everywhere. Then we "release the hounds!" They go BONKERS! I say "find" and they are on the hunt! They search all over with their noses sniffing like crazy. When they find an egg, they use their paws to scratch at the egg until it pops open and then they attack the black forest ham lunch meat and then are QUICKLY on to the next place their noses lead them. I repeated this process 3 times, because it was so flippin' funny! Seriously, everyone should be able to experience such humor!

Bronx really got into peeps this year. Yes, they were actually the peeps from last year. That's how Scott rolls. He eats them a year behind so that they can harden throughout the year--he likes them crunchy and "molar breakable!" WTW?


Lest your worry that I forgot about the hubby...he also got an Easter basket. We are so "frugal" that we just use the same basket every year and fill it with things that are already in the pantry, cupboards, closets, whatever we can find! LOL! Every year Scott gets these canned oysters that my mom gave us for some holiday about 4 years ago! We hide this box of oysters every now and again for each other to find! Gosh we think we're hysterical!

Here is how I prepared the eggs--I knew you were dying to know! Of course the eggs are blue and orange. We lose 1 or 2 eggs a year, sometimes these canines get so excited they break the plastic!

Such obedient little guys. I told them to sit by their Easter baskets so I could get a picture. THEY TOTALLY UNDERSTAND ENGLISH and just don't talk back--THE PERFECT CHILDREN!

This picture kills me! I told them to wait while I hid some eggs in the kitchen. The look on Frank's face made me crack up! They were so excited they could hardly hold still for very long! LOL!

This is an "action" shot! They were running around the kitchen trying to find eggs and they passed this one on the bar stool repeatedly!

This picture is not only a great shot of their rectums, but also their excited insanity at finding a meat-filled egg!

This never happens, because Frank is OBVIOUSLY not allowed to "belly up to the bar," however, Scott offered him a peep and he got so excited he just jumped up! I almost wet myself from laughing!

Moore peeps for the lil' fat man!

Clearly his diet is working out well!

Man I have fun with my boys!

13 comments:

Becca Jo said...

these pics made me laugh out loud! I bet that was SO funny to watch.

Mendy said...

OMG THat is the funniest thing ever!!! You guys are so funny and the canned Oysters that is HYSTERICAL!!!!

Alicia said...

I love it! Good doggies.

Laurel said...

Megan, you are beyond adorable. I love you with your boys -- ALL THREE OF THEM! ;) This whole thing cracks me up.

Dottie Stay said...

I am loving all the updates. Congrats to Scotty! The boys are such wonderful men. They make me smile and feel so happy. I need some quality Frank time. I know he would make me feel better. Love you!

Denise said...

That really does sound funny. Next year you should take video and post it for us to get the full effect.

The Payne Family said...

That... is.... AWESOME!!! You are so stinkin funny. I'm not going to lie, I may do this next year. Thanks for the idea!

Ashlee said...

That's awesome! Why didn't I think of that?

Lisa Nielsen said...

That is such a good idea! Your boys are so awesome. I am with Scott, I love peeps after they've dried out a bit:)

Tara said...

Awesome! You are such a good mom to those boys! You got those boys trained!!! Maybe you could come teach my boys a little sumpin' sumpin!

Justin and Lindy said...

Oh my gosh I can''t get enough of you guys! If I ever need a good laugh I usually come over to your blog and am always pleasantly surprised! Lets do lunch soon

Kristin and Guy said...

That's awesome. I wish I could live w/you guys for a day or two and experience your Lee life first-hand. You're the greatest. :)

J♥M said...

What a fantastic easter celebration! I love it! Frank belly up at the bar! I can't stop laughing! You guys are awesome!