We have been going to Arizona for the past 3 years right around Feb/March and it has been the greatest thing for us! We get away from the routine, the poopy weather, and have lots of time to talk in the car! We have done something different every year we have visited, but some things are the exact same. For instance, the drive...

It was really quite beautiful.

Something about the red rock and the white snow was cool.

We attended a family wedding while there. We got to stay at the bride's family's house. It was beyond description. It was a full-on compound, I swear! Fountains, rose gardens, groves of citrus trees, manicured grass, statues, multiple homes, gardeners, chefs, maids, "Pat" the flower guy...I can not describe it fully. The above picture makes me happy. Scott and Carter are little pals. Whenever there is a possibility of them being together, THEY ARE! I love how Carter has his little arm on Scotty's leg. Presh!

The boys posed like this, so Scott and I joined in. I however, am NOT pregnant, even though it appears that I am a good 6 months along...

So this estate had a castle, complete with turret, where the bottom floor was for girls (dolls, doll houses, tea sets, etc.) and the top floor was for boys (chalkboard, art easel, trucks, trains, etc.). Carter and I were painting and drawing on the chalk board and here Scotty was waiting in the spiral staircase!

It was exciting to see the cacti up close and personal. Notice Carter has his little arms behind his back. LOL, he knew they were "pokey!"

On our tour, compliments of Carter, we picked a bunch of oranges and ate them along the way.

The boys wanted to ride on a golf cart we had seen. It was the traditional, green cart with no top, etc. When Carter asked Soni's mom, Ruth if we could take the golf cart for a ride, she said for sure, but take my golf cart. So here it is! Complete with sunroof, windshield wipers, blinkers, license plate, leather seats and seat belts. Needless to say, Scott said he felt like he was driving a lunar ship on the moon. LOL. This ride was a blast! We took it out on a road and were driving like billly heck! The boys were just beaming! As a side note, the 6 car garage in the background was where this golf cart was housed. It was parked between the Bentley and the Aston Martin--so not kidding!

Of course a huge tennis court. We may or may not have spent quite a bit of time looking for some lost tennis balls...

Melinda and I always do some crazy things.

It was so nice and warm, Ethan and Carter stripped down to their undershirts! These boys are just heaven sent! Don't worry, of course there was a complete full size basketball court...

...that Deron and Scott took full advantage of.

We were lucky enough to be able to stay with Melinda and family (and Britt and Matt) in the "guest house." Which was the size of at least 3 normal sized homes! It was fully decked out in wood from a monastery in Spain and decorated with hundreds of Lladro pieces. Melinda and I laughed our butts off at the complete ironing board set that came with a mini-me ironing board! Can you see it? We laughed hard!

You ask Duncan's mother who has "the touch" with him and it's a short list of 2 people. Dunc (aka Lloyd Christmas) loves his Scotty!

There is something I love about manicured green grass and white wedding chairs! The flowers were gorgeous and fresh as of like an hour before the wedding! It was magical, seriously!

Presh!

Scott took care of Duncan during the quiet wedding. Another side note, I felt like we were cousin Eddy showing up for the wedding. I'm sure my mouth hung open in awe a few times. Talk about your "redneck yacht club!" LOL

I love this picture of the groom, Kyle (Deron's brother). He is watching Soni, the lovely bride walk down the aisle!

This handsome, little blue-eyed wonder was the ring bearer. He walked down the aisle and gave Kyle Soni's ring and then Kyle and Ethan high-fived with knuckles...so cute!

I really like this picture too. I also took a bunch of these pictures for Alicia and Laurel to see. Not only will they be interested, but there were some cool ideas you could use!

Another favorite shot.

I thought this was cool. They had these single roses each in one of those water tube things. Then the plastic tube was wrapped in brown satin ribbon with turquoise wiring around it and a satin turquoise ribbon. They were everywhere. Here they are hanging from the centerpiece of the sign-in table.

How creative is this? The heart is made of two prongs off a palm tree with more turquoise satin ribbon intertwined! Way cool!

Every tree was lit with little white lights and all these cool single roses hanging!

Dinner was served for all the guests. It was incredible food! The prime rib was unbelievable! I'm pretty sure Scott had about "three dinners!" Duncan went crazy with this IZZE drink. It was fantacular!

We were seated at lucky table number 13! These centerpieces were cool...whatcha think Alicia and Laurel?

Melinda always has her adorable little boys with suit coats and ties.

Could there be a cuter family? I think not. Min is prego with Stailey baby #4. They are due around July 9 ish. We think we know the gender...

Hello?! This is why you are having baby #4....don't you know how it works?

Ya, I loved the way they did a twist on a traditional cake with satin ribbon trim. It was so cool that it was tied!

More IZZE drink for Lloyd! I'm the aunt, and of course NEVER say no.

This little guy really got his groove on! He is a funny little dancer. I love the happiness that is this picture!

So this is where Dunc gets it!!! Carter did some serious tippin' back with the bubbly! We laughed all night about how he held the glass!

Um, perfection!

Duncan was so inquisitive and busy during the wedding dinner!

Big Lar, Kyle and Deron--the Carter club for men!

Soni has really blended into the family well! She really loves Melinda's boys--who doesn't?

I LOVE this picture. Duncan is giving daddy kisses!!! I LOVE LITTLE CHILD SLOBBER ALMOST AS MUCH AS DOG SLOBBER!

self-explanatory:)

Oh I love these 2 so, so much!

I wanted a picture with my baby sister so asked Scott to take it, but make sure to not get from the waist down...but I should have learned by now that whatever I ask Scott NOT to do, he tends TO do. Melinda and I are a mere 8 ish inches different.

I am so lucky to have this girl in my life!

Kyle, Soni, me, Scott...I really AM tall? Wow I look huge!

Kyle, Soni, Shiner, and Deron

Scotty "legally" collected 6 roses from the wedding and gave them to me the next day for Valentine's Day. Photography by Carter

Nanny's infamous pool. Mendy and Jonny...this one's for you!

Our sweet Nannybelle. WE LOVE to visit her! We love to pick lots of oranges and grapefruit from her trees. She is a blast to stay with and so darn funny!

Thanks again Nanny!

The lovely winter home of the Cubs! This year we didn't go to a Spring Training game.

Then on the drive home, we came through the Hoover damn dam way.

They are building a new bridge over the damn dam instead of having to drive ON the damn dam.

Of course I had to get out while crossing the damn dam and hit the bathroom.
I love this trip. Third year in a row and I'm pretty sure it's turning into a major tradition!
12 comments:
That looks like SO much fun. The groom had better think himself quite lucky, marrying into all that money and all. You are adorable. I am interested to see what the gender of #4 is ... If I had another and it was boy #4, I don't think I would look too kindly on the lad.
So funny and adorable, and made me cry. I need to get a hold of myself! Those pictures are so precious of you and the boys. It was so much fun, and great to laugh, and play together. I think we may have a permanent place to vacay now. As long as Pat is still there and can pull the cart around when we need it. That Ruth is a well oiled machine! I want her to plan my birthday party. Do you think it's too soon to ask her for a pony? I love her! Love Rex too. However I need sunglasses to talk to him. My eyes! My eyes!
I am only sad that we weren't there--cause it looks like it was a blast! I am SO HAPPY that you posted so many pics....I love the details!! They are beautiful together!
I love the lower 2/3 pic.....Min on tippies and you squatting like I do in ALL of my pics! Try being 6' and having a 'fro!!!
Man I love your blog-o-pictures. You are so descriptive and great! I hate that damn dam. I'll be driving over the damn thing tomorrow.
And furthermore, will you please embrace your height already. You are a queen for the love of pete.
hmmm I have family in AZ; now I am feeling "get the freak outta utah" too!.
again, bless you and Scott for the delicious grapefruit.
you and Melinda are beautiful!
HAPPY! HAPPY! HAPPY! Don't worry that I have 240 pictures to go through from OUR "get the freak outta utah" vacation last weekend... I kind of NEED to tell you all about it!!! Wowza!
LOVING all the wedding photos! Dang. How would that be to just have fun free reign like that? Beautiful.
Love and miss your face!
Oh I forgot to add what a beautiful wedding and do you think that family would adopt me? I need some parents! :)
I am loving this documentation. great job (as usual)... I am still so jealous of this trip. Just looking at Nannie's pool and trees makes me all nostalgic. As for the magical kingdom: sign me up dude. Who has houses like that? Not me? Oh, okay. :)
What a fun trip!!!! WOW that place looks amazing!! Oh how I missed Nanny's pool and to see jonny fall in again PRICELESS!!! Next year Nanny here we come!!| Love Your DrEss and shirt at the wedding you look so cute in all the pics!!!
I love all the pics and documentation! The wedding looks so beautiful. I love that you stayed at the compound 'Bachelor' style! Carter is so stinkin cute holding the wine glass. Those little Stailey boys are the cutest! I'm glad we got to spend some time with you. Miss you tons!
Thanks for this fantatic post. I love that you love Arizona too! I also love happy endings and that wedding looked wonderful. Next year, can we come?
Post a Comment