Thursday, October 29, 2009

Rough start


Well, we lost last night in the first game of the World Series. OK, we'll regroup and be ready for game 2 tonight. Last night CC Sabathia pitched and even though he had great numbers, for him, he had an "off" night. Then our relief pitchers were stumbling, not to mention any names, Phil Hughes. But that is the past and tonight we gotta win! AJ Burnet pitches tonight (he sometimes makes me nervous--he's either really on or really off). Because he pitches you know what the means....he will want Jose Melina to catch for him. So Posada won't play. BOOOO!!! Posada is a better catcher and a much better offensive player when it comes to batting! Oh well. Last night they had the first pitch thrown by a disabled veteran that only had one arm and the other was prosthetic with a hook on the end (kinda cool). Last night was a night they honored all the veterans! It was SAWEET! They had the first and second ladies there (Obama and Biden's wives--like I care, and like they know anything about baseball! HALLO!) who walked to the mound with none other than the honored veteran, Yogi Berra! I love that Yogi! He is so adorable. Played with some of the greatest EVER in baseball and is about the only one still alive. He also was a catcher (I have this thing about catchers apparently). After the 7th inning stretch rendition of "Take Me out to the Ball Game," they had a lady sergeant in the Air Force sing "God Bless America."That is a tradition that only the Yankees do. Most teams sing the traditional "Take Me out to the Ball Game," and then start the bottom of the 7th, but the Yankees always follow that with "God Bless America!" I love the patriotism I feel when that song is sung.


So, here's to tonight! May my Yankees prevail!

8 comments:

Jen Carter said...

I love you love for the Yankees :) They'll do better tonight. I can feel it :)

Jen Carter said...

And by you love I of course mean YOUR love

Wendy said...

...and then he cried last night!!!! i PRAY and i am confident that they will pull it out and WIN!! otherwise, i will probably end of divorced! xoxo

J♥M said...

Yeah who cares about the 1st and 2nd ladies! The game must go on! Go Yankees! God Bless America... please!

Adam said...

World Series that's baseball right? Just kidding, Tammy always says that she will have to be the one to teach our kids sports. (Keep me in the garage I am a car guy)

The Payne Family said...

Ok, I absolutely love this. Andy and I are HUGE Yankees fans... I'm so glad you guys are too. Yesterday was a little rough. Cliff Lee was definitely on his game last night and our pitching just wasn't comparable. CC was good but not as good as he was in the series with the Angels. I can't wait to get home tonight and watch the game. I'm just hoping our pitching shows up and we hit a lot better. I seriously get so anxious and make myself sick (especially in the last game with the angels). I just need to have faith in my Yankees. Tonight should be interesting. Go Yankees!!!

Mendy said...

Ha they won't let you down they might have got one game but the Yankees will always prevail!!!!

Kim P said...

Go Yankees!!! We only need one more (tonight!) and then the celebrating begins!