DISCLAIMER: I feel like I need to let the world know that this trip was FREE! My parents and sister had a place for us to stay (thanks again) and we used miles to fly. It just seemed rude to post this great trip after such a wonderful charity event was held for us to financially help us with our "family" efforts. Hey thanks for the money...we're takin' it to vacation in New York! LOL! That money from Meg's Miracle is holy, sacred money and is in a savings account not to be touched until we make some decisions. With that said...on to the Big Apple (my 16th time!)
This trip was so much FUN!Those who came were: mom and dad, my oldest sibling Kristen and her husband John and my youngest sibling Jonny and his wife Mendy. What a fun group of 8!

This picture makes me so very happy! It was just so much fun to meet up on the streets of New York. We met outside of Applejack's cafe this morning. OF COURSE there was baseball involved! The Cubs just happened to be playing the Mets so we caught that game in the new Citi Field (old Shae Stadium).

The subway is always a place for great people watching and serious entertainment! It always amazes me what people will do to earn some cash. I mean who doesn't haul their HUGE bass (aka big violin) instrument around throughout the subway?! And who the heck still plays the accordion other than my dad? Do they even still sell that instrument? You better believe that I gave them a dollar. Well earned.

Mendy and I came across these two handsome hunks...

...and totally hooked up with them!

A backside shot of Scotty--he really looks good from ANY angle!

This game was "fans" day and all the young fans got to go out on to the field...what a treat!

This 7 year old girl sang the national anthem and brought the house down! She didn't speak until she was 3 years old and is autistic. Her voice was awesome and she was so cute. When she sang "or the land of the free" she raised her hands high up in the air and cheered and then finished singing "and the home of the brave!" One of the best things about a baseball game is the national anthem!

Jonny makes me laugh. When it comes to the Cubs...LOOK OUT...he will do ANYTHING. Of course he found his way down to the front row behind the dugout, while the rest of us sat in the nose-bleed section!

I just love ball parks! Favorite things: 1. The hot dogs 2. Singing the national anthem 3. The seventh inning stretch 4. The singing of "take me out to the ball game" during the seventh inning stretch. 5. The closer running in from the bullpen 6. Loud drunken neighbors.

Funny enough, the US open was going on right across the walking bridge from Citi Field. Scott and Jonny tried to get in to watch a match, but were kicked out because they tried to use someonelse's tickets...(Mendy and I were rolling our eyes and laughing the whole time!)

Leaving the US Open and trying to read the hieroglyphics known as the subway map!

Our stop at Union Square, where NOTHING is out of the ordinary because there is no such thing as ordinary!

I know, I think I just threw up a little bit in my mouth! But how could I resist getting a picture of this man wearing his "new fall sweater?!" OMG! Nastiness! You gotta give him some credit for at least trying some hygiene by not letting the hair on his back reach the hair on his head?!

Only the greatest man to walk the earth! Pops got a new hat "N" for Nielsen and for Norm!:)

How cute is my family? Krissy is far left, then John, mom, dad, and Scotty. My dad got 3 belts for $10 and didn't want to have to carry a sack, so just
wore the belts...ALL of them!:)

More belts and family! Rosie with her backpack--she means business on a vacation!

And of course the free hugs--wtf?

I had an interview scheduled at this medical center two weeks after the 9-11 terrorist event. Needless to say, I did not take the job, and instead accepted a job in Utah. I had planned to work in Utah for about a year and then take this job in NY. When I went in June of '03 to meet with Beth Israel Medical Center a year later, I turned them down again last minute because this guy named Scott had called me the night before and as we talked I really felt like I wanted to see where things would go. I didn't tell him why I turned down the job because I didn't want to make him feel pressured. He proposed that following September of '03 in New York. The irony!

Um, there really are no words for this photograph. Just for the record, my brother does not smoke weed and Scott didn't
mean to give this guy a dollar--it was an accident!

I love the subway system! The only thing I would change is to maybe have some air conditioning! Holy cow! The trains themselves are air conditioned, but waiting to catch the subway--you're about as hot as a whore in church! This picture also provides a lovely shot of my new sunglasses that Scott got 2 for $5!

Excellent blackmail--MY FAMILY AT HOOTERS!!! Craziest story behind how we ended up there...but to make a long story short (too late) it was the only sports bar we could find that was showing the BYU game. Favorite part of this picture John, er, um, Bishop Anderson, covering his face with his hat. This Hooters was a little more...well, it was definitely a
NEW YORK Hooters! Scott said his hamburger was one of the best he's had!:) Uh huh, right!

Well, we were...and then I said...and Scott was like...

Just as amazing as everyone has claimed! WOW. I absolutely loved every second of this show at the Gershwin Theatre.

My favorite place to eat EVER...Virgil's!


Chillin' at Grand Central Station with my baby bro.

Chillin' at Grand Central Station with my hott honey!

The main event, THE one, THE only...YANKEE STADIUM!

The man! George Herman Ruth. The Babe. Born February 6, 1895!

Look at this cute little guy! He was in an A-Rod jersey and I just couldn't resist a picture...and donating a dollar. THE best part of this event was after I had loved on him and scratched behind his ears, when I got up to leave, HE FOLLOWED ME! The owner had to call him back! So I walked him back to his carpet and told him to sit down. THAT is true love!

These were the seat right behind home plate. They were padded and had a high back rest, along with a nice warning to watch for flying bats and balls!

For those of you who are loaded rich, you can sit in these padded seats and order "In-seat service!" You don't even have to get your lazy ace up to get a hot dog and a beer! HALLO!

These are the numbers that have been retired by previous Yankee players.

My greatest love! Of course I mean Scott!

From left to right: Mendy, Jonny, Me, Scott, Krissy, and John.

The best hot dog I have ever had! Little did I know how I would pay for that saurkraut later! First mistake. YIKES! LOL!

CC Sabathia was the opening pitcher for this game.

Ya, that was on the jumbo tron and HOLY COW I was THERE LIVE AND IN PERSON!!!

I was so impressed with the new stadium. There were guys like this standing around just holding these signs willing to help you with ANYTHING!

Of course the stadium is environmentally friendly with THREE different recycling bins.

I simply can not get enough!

Probably in the top 3 favorite live baseball games of all time! Being with these family members was SO MUCH fun!

The man himself...hip,hip Jorge Posada!

Derek Jeter warming up. At this game he officially tied the record for the all-time most hits with the Yankees. It was 2,721 tied with Lou Gherig. So we were hoping he would break the record while we were at this game. Unfortunately he didn't. He got some hits but they were either caught or he got out at first. He did, however, finally break the record the following Friday (MY BIRTHDAY) which was cool enough for me!

Jorge Posada throwing from home to second.

A-Rod playing 3rd base and Jeter as shortstop.

Jeter up to bat--everyone on the edge of the seats (or standing) to see if this would be the hit that would break the record.

This was perfect camera timing on Scott's part. This lovely flock of seagulls...I mean pigeons came flying through the in-field. Hysterical!

Scott is the greatest! He planned WAY ahead and got MY name on the jumbo tron to wish me a Happy Birthday! Let me paint the picture: I am in the NEW Yankee Stadium of the Innagural year, sitting with my best friends and awesome husband, participating in the YMCA song/dance routine and Scott says, "Hey, Megz look at the jumbo tron." My first thought was oh, look someone has my name...then I realized just how awesome of an event was taking place! Scott had them put my name up on the screen and wish me a happy birthday! HOLY SHIZ! Perfect moment frozen in time.

During the 7th Inning stretch in Yankee Stadium, they play "God Bless America" and every one of the Yankee players comes out on the field and stands like this in honor of America! No other team does this, BTW!


The great Mariano Rivera running in from the bull pen to close the game!

Rivera pitching...nuff said. He has such a smooth delivery.

All 26 of the years that we have won the World Series!


The beautiful Brooklyn Bridge!

The Empire State building from across the East river. *SIGH*

Lovely lady Liberty. Can you imagine immigrating and seeing her from a ship knowing you were coming to a free land?! I love what she stands for!

Behind those buildings is where the World Trade Center towers stood. Such a tragedy I will never forget and not just because it happened on my birthday 9-11:(!

Such a fun pizza restaurant. Literally under the Brooklyn bridge. The line was WAY long, but so much fun! While we were waiting to be seated, we had dessert first--fresh ice cream from the Brooklyn Dairy. Second mistake.

Finally seated and fed--we were very happy!

I know, here's a good idea, now that we have stuffed ourselves with pizza, let's cross the Brooklyn bridge on foot...better yet, let's RUN! Not kidding! Third and final mistake.

JONNY! So. Funny.

If you look carefully, you can see the Met Life tower, the Empire State Building, and the Chrysler Building! We're on the Brooklyn bridge and the bridge in the picture behind us is the Manhattan bridge.

There, that picture is better...breathtaking!

I have never been to a more "relaxing" park in my life. This was like coming upon the Leprachaun's "pot"-o-gold! City hall will
never be the same! Endless thanks to Krissy and John for supplies, Scott and Mendy for their cheerleading, and Jonny for his striaght up asking someone! Never to be forgotten...

Mendy helping me make it to the subway after crossing the bridge and visiting the park.

The next day waiting to catch the city bus (you can use your Metro card for that!) to visit the Metropolitan Museum of Art.

Me outside the Met. This also is a memorable place, as this is where Hitch (Will Smith) meets Albert Brennaman (Kevin James) in the movie Hitch. HILARIOUS!
Such a dang, fun time in New York! I love the group we went with and can never get enough of this city or my family!
13 comments:
HOLY PICTURE OVERLOAD BATMAN!!! It looks like a blast! I am totally jealous!! $1 for weed, WTF? And free hugs! And two baseball games! Isn't NYC awesome?
Really??? Your name on the JumboTron? That's seriously amazing. I'm terribly jealous (uh, I've NEVER been to the Big Apple...) but so happy you guys had such a good time. Love you!
Ya...now I'm totally bummed. Wish we could have been there with the party. I love that Scotty got your name on the jumbo tron-what a stud! I love all the photos and it looks like you guys had so much fun. I love Big Norm with the 3 belts, LOL. Good times! Can't wait to see you tomorrow!
I am going to wet my pants. Jonny and the weed man kills me!! Seriously, where did he come from. I wish I could be more like him. I am so jealous. I need a vacay in a bad way. Anywhere other then a tent. Dad's belts?! that was genius. Who wants to carry the bag. I am sure that no one even took a second look. There is nothing like NYC. Well, that and city park. Good times I am sure. Love the shoes, the bag, and the napkins.
You know how to travel!!! It's so good to see you SO happy!!! I love this post!! Welcome home!
I love ALL of the pictures, but how long did that take you to get them all on there?? And Yes, Scotty rules for even thinking there was a way to get your name on the Jumbotron, but how come nobody is remembering the hairy man???? Why did he stop there?? A few more inches pu-lease!!
One of these days I want to visit the "Eastern" sights of New York, Washington DC, and Philadelphia. Possibly Boston. That's quite the loop, but you get the idea. I'm so glad you guys had a wonderful and stress-free time.
Oh the memories!!!!! How fun that trip and how short with you guys there!!! You forgot to mention the guy rolling up and smoking right by krissy and me thinking what a good High Who the HEll are these people!!!! City Hall will definately never be forgotten!!! Miss you guys like crazy!!! Can't wait to see you in a couple weeks!!!
Great job on this post, Megs. Seriously... awesome. I feel like I was there pooping my pants right along with you. :) haha
I have only been to NYC once, but fell in love with the Big Apple. And I mean, love love LOVE!
Love you!
Do you guys ever take a vacation without complete and total hysteria? I love how strange and quirky things seem to stock you. I need to hang around you more often. That looked like a FUN vacation!
What a great birthday and vacation! That guy seriously needs to wax, that was just wrong!
I cant wait until the day when we get to see your little boy/girl going to there first game! You guys are the best and I know you have great things in your future!
Talk about happy days!!! I'm so glad you guys had a great time! I swear all the fun follows you!
That trip looked like SO much fun! I CANNOT believe the hairy back guy. I have never seen anything like that in my life, and I happen to wax a lot of guys backs in my profession....
Post a Comment