Saturday, June 20, 2009

Fan Clubs

Sure, we're all fans of certain groups, people, clubs, etc. But who out there is an "official" fan club member? I mean a card-carrying, hard core member. I personally am a fan club member of two groups:
1--I am a card-carrying member of the Yankees Fan Club and
2--I am a proud card-carrying member of the Barry Manilow International Fan Club (BMIFC) Oh ya baby! I got the key chain and t-shirt to prove it!
Are YOU an official member of any fan club??? C'MON, BE PROUD!

13 comments:

7packofbearss said...

Star Trek forever Baby!!!!

Signed,
Dr. Beverly Crusher

Becca Jo said...

I used to be (or maybe I still am "on the roll") a member of the Aquabats fan club. My ex-boyfriend was number 26 and I was 26 1/2. I know SO lame. I thought it was so cute. *barf*

I was also a member of the Punky Brewster fan club but they didn't have cards. I did get an autographed picture though.

Alicia said...

I am pretty impressed. (With both you and Becca Jo) I love it!!
No, not an official fan of anything, but I am rethinking the whole concept. Can I be an official fan of Megan Lee?

Laurel said...

Ummm... I WISH I was an official fan of something now! And I absolutely love that you are an official Barry Manilow fan. Love you to DEATH!!!

LEE BIEN said...

Okay, Lee girls. Are you forgetting about the autographed photograph of David Moscow? How about Jonathan Taylor Thomas? Were fan club memberships involved with either of those crushes? I did sign Brett up for the Taylor Swift fan club (a funny ha ha! Christmas present) but we have yet to receive the card or the autographed picture. Hmmm. And by the way Megan, way to go with Barry Manilow!

Karin said...

Barry? i had no idea. One of his songs is on our wedding video. Mom's b-day is next week (most likely a bigger fan than you) am i too late to look up BMIFC and register her? No, seriously- you may be receiving a phone call in the very near future...
love it.

Dottie Stay said...

I fully support your clubs. Well, bitter sweet with the yankees. But it is more then I am with the sox, so KUDOS to you!! And you should be Barry's right hand man, or woman. I can think of other things that you should be a member of. What about Psych? I am a member on facebook, does that count? And I tried to friend James Roday, but well, we all know how that turned out. Peace.

Scott and Megan said...

Scott here,
I at one point or another was a member of U2's propaganda, ans well as DMB's warehouse. I'll also claim unofficial Indiana Jones fan club when for Halloween I donned the jacket and hat for like 5 years straight.
DORK

JM said...

I'll admit-
1-I'm a blurker of your blog, so consider me a fan.
2-I have been a member of the Celine Dion fan club to get a discount on her last concert. Well, Paul signed me up to get a discount on my christmas gift of tickets. I guess that counts too.

Alyssa said...

I think we sound start our own fan club for SYTYCD. I will make a card and bring it to you...Send me an email so I can send you an invite to my blog. za1205@yahoo.com

J♥M said...

Ummmm...
Your fan club of course!

Dottie Stay said...

Don't forget you are the founder of SWAKMA! Up for a delivery?

Michelle said...

I too am a member of the MVNL fan club.