So this past weekend was a flippin' blast! Alicia turned the big 3-0! She loves John Hughes' films, i.e., Pretty in Pink, Breakfast Club, Ferris Bueller's Day Off, Sixteen Candles, Mr. Mom, etc....some great 80's stuff. SOOOOO, since Laurel and Michelle are so cool and creative, they sent out these really cool invitations and instructed everyone to come as their favorite John Hughes character. Scott and I took this to heart and took days planning and preparing. It's all about the details! See below:

The name's Froman, Abe Froman. So this is really just a faceless character, but Scott with his creative genius, created Abe Froman. Remember from Ferris Bueller--it's what Ferris, Sloan, and Cameron say their reservation is under. To which the maitre de responds with the classic "You mean to tell me you're the sausage king of Chicago?" So Scott created business cards that had his name (Abraham Froman), with his company (Chicago Meats, Inc.), email (sausageking@chicagomeats.com), and his telephone number (1-800-KING-ABE). They were priceless!

Things to note: 1--His carefully parted and smoothed hair with a slight Alfalfa sticking up in the back. 2--He would meet people at the party and offer them a little smokey! LOL 3--He had a full 3 piece suit with power red tie, and spectacles.

I found this killer wedding dress at DI! I went as Ginny--Molly Ringwald's sister that gets married in Sixteen Candles. Remember when she takes too many "muscle relaxers!" It was so much fun. Here, I'm trying to snap my fingers when she says, "This will be a piece of cake."

Things to note: 1--The abundance of tulle I had hooked to this fantastic 80's head piece. 2--The amount of blue eye shadow I had plastered to my eyelids.

Classic Mr. Mom! Laurel was Terri Garr complete with killer bow on shirt and tightly fitted pink suit. Jason was Michael Keaton when he was in the house with the chainsaw...you know, "221, 222 whatever it takes!" And Izzy was Kenny with her whoobie!

Things to note: 1--Laurel's "suntan" panty hose! 2--Jason's tool belt. 3--Izzy's Sesame Street shirt!

Markelle was the funny lady that was friends with Molly Ringwald in Pretty in Pink that got into her prom dress--note the slippers. Brent was Randy Quaid the uninvited relative that shows up in Christmas Vacation--note his slick Italian leather slip ons!! Jackson was Dennis the Menace.

Awesome Alicia as Molly Ringwald in Breakfast Club with Blaine as Blaine from Pretty in Pink!!! How perfect!

Doug was Judd Nelson from Breakfast Club and his cute little Jennifer was Sloan from Ferris Bueller.

Just needing another muscle relaxer. "We don't want everyone knowing she's having her period!"

Abe Froman and Ginny! Note Abe's business cards and Ginny's prescription bottle!

This picture kills me, because it looks like we are a bride and groom in real life!

Michelle as Alli Shiede (sp?) in Breakfast Club and Brad as Joe Pecci from Home Alone.
I'm telling ya, I don't know when I'm gonna start acting my age (probably never)! I have THE funnest in-laws EVER! Sorry, but mine win, hands down! Scott's sisters have encouraged and offered an outlet for my inner drama dress-up queen! Seriously on the drive home (which was funny in and of itself as people passed us and honked) I was telling Scott how fun it is to have married into such a young family. Not that my family is so old--I mean don't get me wrong, Nielsens know how to party! But Scott's family is just so young and crazy and makes me feel like being my crazy self is more than OK, it's encouraged! I love them!
14 comments:
That is awesome! You guys are crazy.
I've been waiting for someone to post pics of the party! I was sad that I missed it.
My favorite part: Brent's dickie under his see-through white sweater.
Classic Cousin Eddy.
Oh. My. Gosh. LOL! LOL! Great family! I wish I would have known that I needed to decorate your car with condoms,cans,streammers, and newlywed writing! How sweet that people honked! I'm so glad that you're both out having the time of your lives! Love the costumes and all the explanations of character! What fun! Looks like a FUN party!
I can't believe that party!!! What a fun time! You and Scott look the best! We can't wait to see you guys! Love ya!
That is freakin hilarious! I love it! What an awesome party idea!
So so so much fun!
Seriously, a night to remember. You and Scotty were hilarious. I LOVEd that you got so into my party. It mde my birthday.
Has anyone else noticed how much Scott looks like Steven Colbert? Especially in the picture that he's offering the cocktail wienie!
Hooray for party pictures!!! I, too am so glad that you guys BOTH get so into our nerdy parties. And I've got to admit, Michelle was seriously the brains behind the operation. Okay, maybe it was a joint effort, but I've REALLY got to give her a lot of credit here. :) It was all in your and Scott's details!!!
I'm so glad people got into the dress-ups. (Who says Halloween only comes once a year?) Laurel and I were so scared we would be the only ones in costume. Brad is still talking about how genius Scott's costume was. Hello? Business cards!?! Hysterical.
What a great idea! And your costumes were inspired! I love that you thought outside the box (Abe Frohman? I never would have even thought about that one! HILARIOUS!) I think your in-laws sound like great fun. I need to step it up and start having some fun parties, too.
haha those are AWESOME!!!! What a fun idea! YOu guys looked great! xoxo
That is hysterical!!! Oh my gosh Scott look priceless with his hair Love the Alfalfa spike. And you Oh my gosh that tool was every where hilarious Oh I can't wait to see you guys you just make me laugh!!!
I tell ya, DI has some great finds!!! ;) You make me laugh, and I only wish that I could have gone. Working the clinic for almost ten hours straight though. i needed to come home. What a fun party. Will you insire D-RO with something fun to do for my birthday? I may have to hire the LEE sisters to throw me a party. Let's see, what can we do for you in september?.......I've got it!!
Post a Comment