Monday, February 2, 2009

anatomy lesson

I have been flooded with childhood memories lately, I don't know why?! But here is another good one. My oldest sister Kristen was pregnant with the first grandchild. My youngest brother Jonny was 6 1/2. One day he must have overheard some of us talking, because he interrupted a bunch of us sitting around in the kitchen and said, "I know where babies come from." Oh Hoover damn, every one's face just kind of froze. All the siblings just were trying not to laugh, as my parents were looking frantic. Jonny continued, "It's the 'F' word!" Okay, now by this time we are more curious and shocked than finding this humorous. Where did he learn that? My mother was mortified and red as a beet and my poor sister who was pregnant and her husband were speechless. And then came THE greatest explanation a 6 year old has ever given! Jonny replied, "It's the fa, fa, fagina!" LMAO ! And the Nielsen family has never been the same...One of the many inside family jokes that still lives on...We just refer to the female anatomy as the "fa fa."

12 comments:

Ryan and Janelle said...

hahahaha!!! Oh man that had me rolling with laughter. That is SOOO great!

Laurel said...

AWE-SOME! That's all there really is to say. :)

Lisa Nielsen said...

HYSTERICAL!!! I love that story. Keep the old memories coming!

tammy stailey said...

That is freakin hilarious! It sounds just like him! The only memory I have of him... "I haven't been laid in over a year!" I guess his mind is always on the fa fa!

Alicia said...

Awesome!!!

Denise said...

I'm SO glad that is what the F word meant!

J♥M said...

How fun it must have been to grow up at your house! I'd agree, keep these memories coming! They sure can make a person's day!

Dottie Stay said...

That was so dang funny! I love it. you need to document all these good times for sure. What about "I'm gonna rip your peana off and throw it to mars!" Inger's sunday school class was never the same.

Dottie Stay said...

BTW what a about Jonny's other anatomy lesson that he gave to Glenn about another brother. I am surprised Glenn still wanted to date Inger after that.

Lynette Callister said...

In my house the female parts were called, "the lou lou." A story for another post...

Mendy said...

OMG I love that story and it is so funny he thought she was going to be black to. I am scared for what Wrigley is going to say and be!!!! I love it though love the crazyness!!!!

Johnson said...

That is too funny. I also loved the chalkboard story. I was peeing my pants!!