Monday, November 24, 2008

Thankfulness, part two

# 5. OUR JOBS
I know, I know, I know! 'Our jobs?' Is probably what a lot of you are thinking, and well even I kind of agree. Lemme xplane... In such a time of financial stress and turmoil, we really consider ourselves lucky to have stable jobs. With Megan being so awesome and having a job that is always in high demand, and with me working at a very stable and profitable bank, we truly see our jobs as a huge blessing.
That being said we still don't consider the j.o.b.'s to merit any pictures whatsoever, cuz really how much can you love the suckers.
#6. OUR DVR
So this may seem vain-ish but holy hannas our DVR kicks serious A$$! We aren't necessarily TV buffs, or TV hounds, but now that we can record stuff and watch it at our convenience we now have some shows that we love!
If you haven't ever caught Psych, you need to seriously play some catch up with this show! Random obscure 80's references, off the wall humor, making fun of themselves, etc. etc.
Chuck is a hysterical show wherein your non-hero Chuck becomes the dude you can't help but not root for. He says some of the funniest shiz, and gets put in some of the most random scenarios that are nothing short of fantastic.
Ummm, Jack Bauer and 24 are like chips and salsa! What a combination! Plus you get to spend time watching stuff blow up... often!
Burn Notice is basically a modern higher-tech Magnum P.I. with the way he does the favors for friends and keeps getting screwed by other people. And, it has a basic how-to blow-things-up step by step manual, which is always nice.

# 7. SPORTS
Whether is be watching them or playing them SPORTS ROCK! I play basketball at least once a week and try to keep busy in some type of other (indoor soccer, softball, football, etc) league. Gotta start by givin some love to the Jazz! We try to watch just about every game possible.
Secondly whenever possible we try to catch a Yankees game! (Live if possible, this was a playoff game vs the Angels)
Basketball is our first love, and when we went out to D.C. to visit Meg's parents on their mish, it was coincidentally during the playoffs and LeBron and co. were in town! I bought tickets online for quite a good deal and we were amazed that they turned out to be 7th row! (Larry Miller take note of other, cheaper venues you selfish douche)
So why did I never know that my Grandma, Nannie, lives seriously less than a mile from where the Cubbies hold spring training?! I will be back... I will be back!
And, finally GOLF baby! Man o man I love playing a round of golf! It's so relaxing and refreshing to hang around outside and enjoy nature at it's best and prettiest!
#8. MUSIC
Now Meg's and my taste in music does differ somewhat (country vs mmm not so much country). But, we definitely both agree that music really does lift, inspire, mend, calm, and tell stories! A few of our favorites will always be those that do some of the aforementioned for both of us!
U2 my favorite band, in the universe! I have (as far as I know) everything they have released!
Sometimes you just need a chilled vibe in your life... step in Jack (Johnson, not Bauer)
My sister and I dubbed Maroon 5 Soul Rock, so get funky and rock to them!
Billy Joel--a fantastic musician who is talented in all musical aspects! That and his concert ranks in my top three concert performances (He bumped Dave Matthews Band in '99 to number 4) I have ever seen! That puts him up there with U2 in '98 and Aerosmith's performances!
K, this one was definitely Meg's input (we at least shared the other performers) but he can jam on the guitar, that is for certain! We saw him do a joint show with John Mayer on TV and WOW! I at least now respect the man! (John Mayer almost made the cut too).

6 comments:

tammy stailey said...

I too am thankful for my DVR, how did we ever live without it? And Brad, he is awesome in person... saw him twice!

I saw you were thankful for family... friends are good too, especially when they are one in the same!

Have a great Thanksgiving! Love you guys tons!

7packofbearss said...

Now we know the real reason you couldn't come to family night. Chuck and the Jazz game.:) We are big fans too.

Kirsti said...

You better believe that Psych is on our DVR too. Blake is always asking if he can watch Shawn and Gus. Love it! Hope to see you at the Mitchell Christmas party!

Alicia said...

Soul rock, DVR, Jack Bauer and U2... could you ask for anything more?

Dottie Stay said...

Yes, yes, I am so thankful for Sean and Gus and for you guys for bringing them in to my life!

LEE BIEN said...

Love it, cause it's so YOU. See you soon.