Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Taking small children to Cabela's

On the day Melinda had baby Duncan, Scott and I took the other two brothers to Cabela's! What a blast! Seeing this fun place through these two little guys' eyes was like going for the first time as a kid myself!


Of course we got kiddy cones for the ride!


This fun little furry fellow followed us all through the store!


They have this awesome aquarium. Ethan was fascinated by the fish with whiskers. We explained to him that was the catfish. He paused for a minute (you could see his brain working) and then asked, "where is the dogfish?"



This picture is just for you, NORM!!! Scott and I were laughing so hard when he just picked up this toy shotgun, cocked it, and was ready to fire. I couldn't believe that I caught this picture with such a perfectly posed face. LOL


Carter wanted his picture by the big scary Grizzly bear!

My Scott is such a good sport to help so much with both my family and his own!

Carter really likes zebras!

The biggest Cabela's is in Minnesota where I used to live, and is pretty awesome. However, nothing compared to watching these two look around with such excitement and awe. I love these little boys SO much. We had such a great time! Scott and I think it is such a blessing and benefit to live so close to our family members who share their children! We love you guys!

12 comments:

Anna M. said...

I want a dogfish... =)

Mendy said...

Oh they are so cute and hilarious. Oh I wish we lived closer to you we miss out on all the fun!!!!

tammy stailey said...

WOW!!! That looks like so much fun! I love the picture of Carter and the gun. His face is priceless!You are such a great aunt!

Dottie Stay said...

Thank you Thank you Thank you for taking such great care of my kids! I was so out of it that day. I can't believe that you guys went to Cabelas. What a party. What would they do without you guys. Again I will have to copy all these pictures. You document their lives better then I do!

J♥M said...

Cabela's is definitely kid friendly and husband approved!
:)
:)
:)

Stephanie said...

What a fun trip to Cabelas and I am sure the new mama appreciated it.

Denise said...

This place looks so fun. What is it? A museum or maybe a zoo?

Rachel said...

I don't think there are two (I guess three now) little boys any luckier than these handsome little men! They have the BEST aunt and uncle on the planet! My kids should be jealous!

Lisa Nielsen said...

They are so fun! I love the pictures. Norm probably really wishes he was there too...his favorite place to go!

Moreau's said...

We heart Cabella's.
Hey wasn't it your birthday on the 11th! For some reason I have that date in my head as your b-day, so I would like to take this opportunity to wish you a happy birthday and also a happy anniversary on your engagement! I haven't seen you in forever! I have kind of been MIA! I still think your the coolest gal this side of the 15!

Mary said...

Looks like fun!

Alicia said...

You really are the greatest aunt and uncle in the world. (Good thing I've got you :) )
Love you guys!