Tuesday, September 16, 2008

September 11, 2008

Fly me to the moon!
So here is another September 11th post. This year, Scott gave me my SECOND greatest birthday gift ever. Since his completion as a commercial pilot, he is now able to take passengers. Guess who was his first passenger? Lucky ME! He surprised me for my birthday with a flight.

So here is the pilot doing the pre-flight check.

I was BEYOND excited! It was so amazing, I felt like I was literally flying. I was Peter Pan!

We flew without the doors on and all that held us in was a seat belt! So liberating!

The HOTT pilot himself, making all the "calls" to clear us to take off and stuff. N 921 U was our call sign or tail number--I don't even know if that is what you call it. :) I was seriously so impressed with my husband. All that hard work has really paid off! He was amazing and has worked so hard, I wish I could put into words how I feel about him and how much I appreciate him finishing what he starts! Way to go, Scotty!

Downtown SLC

The Draper temple

Our neighborhood!!! How awesome it was to see our house from the air. We live on the street closest to the lake. We LOVE it!

Our house is the third one from the left. When we flew over the backyard, Frank and Bronx were outside lounging on the deck. It was so cute to see them and yes Frank is huge, even from the sky!! LOL

Some end-of-the-summer boaters out on the lake.


Mt. Timpanogos temple. It was so beautiful with no cars parked around the temple, since it was a Monday.

This is the Daybreak temple under construction.

And one of my favorite temples, the Jordan River temple--where we were married! Ahhh!

We got alotta LDS temples around Utah eh?

Looking down at the control panels with the ground underneath.

We caught a beautiful sunset with a plane off in the distance. It was absolutely breathtaking. Sometimes the camera cannot do justice to what you see with your own eyes!

My feet hanging over about 5,000 feet!!!

Cause who doesn't want to be a part of the "mile-high club?" Or the "5,000 feet club!" :)

Perfect ending to a perfect birthday. What a treat it was to have my own personal pilot and tour guide. Thanks again Scotty, I love you more than the English language will let me express.

23 comments:

Denise said...

Those are some really cool pictures. How lucky to have a pilot for a hubby. It seems really romantic.

I didn't know your birthday was on 9/11. That must have been hard a few years ago. Happy belated birthday.

Burrows: places of retreat; shelter or refuge. said...

I saw you guys flying over the neighborhood! Of course I didn't know it was you, but I was in my backyard, saw a helicopter without doors really close, and even saw some hands waving! What a cool present!

J♥M said...

Way F-U-N! I do recall hearing a heli myself! How romantic and WOW! Happy Birthday... again!

Anna M. said...

What an AWESOME Birthday!!! Those were some great pictures...it was fun to see my house too, since I just live right behind you...so thanks...that was cool! =)

Stephanie said...

Happy Birthday! You are so brave. I am so affraid of heights I would of freaked. And this is random but I love how much you love your man I love love! (this is stephanie by the way, not matt :) )that would be kinda weird :)

Laurel said...

This is seriously amazing! What a great birthday celebration! That is the coolest experience and I'm so glad you got to do it. More and more to come, right? Love you!

Dottie Stay said...

I wish we would have been home to get the buzz! the boys would have died. I can't believe all those incredible pictures. It's like you were a bird with a camera. Fantacular.

Peanut said...

Happy Birthday! What a fabulous birthday present!

Tara said...

You have your own personal TOP GUN MAVERICK! Ahh-now the fantasy flashbacks are occuring. "Maverick, you big stud..." Anyways, back to what I was saying. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Todd and Ashley said...

What an amazing birthday Meg. I love all your post card pictures in the air. Talk about amazing photographer skills. I bet that is so neat to have him all done. I can't wait for Todd to be ALL DONE!!!

Mike and Jackie said...

Happy Happy Birthday. What a stud taking you flyin for your big day! It was fun to see my house in the pics too.

Lisa Nielsen said...

What a fun birthday present! Scott, you look really good as a pilot. I think I would have been a bit afraid way up there. I love all the temples, and of course Frank and Bronx out chillin'...they know how to live!

Jennifer and Jacob said...

First of all, Happy Birthday again!
Second, that was hysterical when you texted me. I went outside to wave at you flying over, and ohhh...realized the text was 1/2 hour old. I stood there looking at the sky for a good ten minutes before I realized :) Yeah, we are TOTALLY LUCKY to have pilots for husbands! Your pictures were so much better than mine, but that could be because I was about to throw up every time I took out my camera :)

Kirsti said...

Yeah for Scott!! Congrats to the man for getting through the mess of school. And HAPPY BIRTHDAY MEGS! I don't think you could have had a better birthday treat. Yeah for Scott again!!

Wendy said...

I know it's a bit overused but in this situation...SO, SO, SO awesome! What an amazing husband you have - nice job Scott!! I thought being proposed to a-top the Empire State Building was reaching for the stars, now you are playing among them!?! How cool are you guys?? Jealous is a complete understatement!! xoxo

LEE BIEN said...

I'm pretty darn proud. Great flying, Scott. Great photos, Megan. Happy (again) birthday!

Hannah Jones said...

We saw you guys too! Z was so thrilled at how close it was! I'll bet that was amazing to see your husband flying and you being able to sit right next to him!
I'm glad it was a good day for you! Happy Birthday!

Michelle said...

These pictures are so great! Everything loos so cool from the air. I just wish you could have gotten some temple pictures. That would have been cool :)

Mindy said...

awesome pictures meg! Looks like so much fun!

Alicia said...

I am so jealous... Looks like a blast and you got some amazing shots! I also love te other 9/11 post. I'm so happy you were born!

Rachel said...

Happy Birthday! What a fun present. Love the previous post with all the old pictures as well. Holy cow, Inger looks like Johnny! How funny is that? Anyway, just wanted to let you know that I love ya and I'm glad we're friends. We need to have a get together soon!

Josh and Katie said...

Happy Birthday!!
Hope you had a wonderful day. Your birthday flight looks like it was amazing. The temples were all so beautiful!

Karin said...

Um, I'm motion sick just looking at the photos of the controller and your feet 5,000 feet up. YIKERS! What a fabulous hubby you have. And such fun pix! We all oughtta go out flying sometime!