Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Are we sure he is 6?!

Ok, I can't access my dog show 2008 photos and am totally angry eyes about it...but until then here is what we have been up to:


Ethan turns 6 on Sept 9, but since Melinda will be birthing or post-birthing at that time, we had his party early! I am shocked that he is six...when did that happen?


Carter, when I asked him to dance!

We started out the day just like Carter's birthday...Chuck E Cheese!! Although that place may get a bad rap, bottom line is, I love that place! It's my second favorite kind of pizza and the kids are just so darn happy when they are there!

Here are the boys with E-man's cake. The dinosaur would jump out of the cake and roar when it sensed motion. It NEVER got old!

More good times at the Chuckster! Sweet Ethan had requested that his birthday be just like Carter's, in that Scotty and May May start the day out with him at Chuck E Cheese and then attend his friend party. We are so the favorite--I can't get enough of it!

Whack-a-hammer head shark (whatever happened to whack-a-mole?)

They had this adorable little ride where the pedal was close enough for little people to drive a car. It was so sweet!

Some of the greatest men in my life!

I have to tell you that my sister, Melinda is a wonderful mother and incredible trooper! She has done the most incredible things while she has been VERY pregnant! Bless her heart, she's only 5 feet and has only so much room for the usual 8 lb babies she produces! She has thought of everything to make sure that Ethan and Carter will adjust to this as smoothly as possible. You should have seen her riding a four wheeler 8 months prego...priceless!

This was in the Stailey backyard during the little kid party.

Look at that...the boys won 461 tickets, which probably cost $20, of which they redeemed for toys that probably cost about 20 cents! WORTH EVERY PENNY!

You wanna know how they got so many tickets? Melinda is a hidden "money maker." You should see her play Texas hold 'em--sunglasses and all! She played a certain game and totally scored tickets!!!


Ethan's big swing at the pinata.

This was worth every second of the day. They were playing the Hokey Pokey and Melinda asked what they should "put in" next. Carter yelled out..."let's put our tummies in!" HELLO...check out mins belly! So adorable and her boys are so sweet always kissing it and rubbing it and talking to it! Seriously it brings me to bloody tears!

"Hey Ethan, how old are you?" Check out those 6 fingers!!!


The big guy blowing/spitting out his SIX candles!!!


Deron secretly loves the pinata! He holds the stick and fakes the kids out before they swing...he is as entertaining as the children!

The little "Roy" slugger--Carter!


All in all, such a dang fun day this past Saturday. I love spending time with this family and love the way they make me feel when we're together. We love you Ethan. Scotty and May May are so glad you were born and are such a big part of our lives! Good night and big balls!

11 comments:

Dottie Stay said...

Oh, you have really our done yourself. I don't deserve you. The boys love you so much! I honestly don't think you have any idea how much they worship the ground that you and Scotty walk on! The pictures are great. I am going to steal them all. You know that Deron loves the Pinata. He plays it off like he doesn't but he gets into the party scene as much as the kids. Thank you so much for you help and Scotty's! I take you guys for granted. I love that you know me better then I know myself, and you could tell that I was at my MAX! You are nice to say I am a trooper. Really I am hiding the bird in my pocket through out the whole darn day!

Dottie Stay said...

I really am a box with legs! Dad even told me that. You know it's bad when dad laughs and thinks it's funny.

J♥M said...

I'm so glad you're having a "good time"! I think that those that give Chucky's a bad rap should have to go there more often!

Wendy said...

OMG - when did that happen??? I can't believe he is 6 - that is crazy!! Oh, happy b-day Ethan, you are so stinkin' cute and you have one of the best Aunty's ever to walk the earth - EVER!! Seriously Megs - you and Scott are the best and I am so glad that you and those exquisite boys have each other. OOOOHHHH - I just want to squeeze them!! BTW, I love the Charlie-Cheesy, it's the only place "where a kid (or adult) can be a kid" who doesn't love that?!

tammy stailey said...

You guys are way smarter than Bret and I. Two adults to every child!

But Aunt May May, the competition is still on for favorite aunt and uncle... Ok, what am I saying, you guys have us way beat! Is it wrong to wish you'd be my aunt too?

Lisa Nielsen said...

Ethan is not 6! No way! Wow! Where have I been? Megan and Scott, you are the favorites and you totally deserve every second of it! You are always there and so great with those cuties. By the way, I too love Chuck-E-Cheese! 123!

Alicia said...

Oh Megan-- these are fantacular! What a great day. Those kiddies are lucky to have the best aunt and uncle in the world. I love you guys!

Kirsti said...

Nice! I got to re-live the party again. My personal favorite: Hokey Pokey!! We need a video of that.

Todd and Ashley said...

So cute Meg, I love getting together for my nieces and nephews birthdays. It's amazing how fast they grow up. I miss you and hope all is going well. We are loving our home her in OHIO. I have been decorating up a storm and can't wait to post pictures of it on our blog. The drive was very long and we really don't ever want to do it again if we can prevent it. But it's so great to finally be here.

Mendy said...

That is so crazy he is 6!!! When Jonny and I first were dating carter was just born so that is crazy too. Of Course your the favorites!!!!! We seriously wish we were closer we miss you guys so much!!! I guess we will be a half hour closer thats a start!!

Mary said...

Looks like an awesome party!