Monday, May 26, 2008

Memorial Weekend Madness!!!

What a fun weekend!
Scott and I went to St. George where 5 of my 8 siblings and their families were together. We had so much fun. I sure love my family!

Of course there was golfing!

Scotty with Wrigley who is feeling so well and doing just great!


This is my sister's backyard! The kids were swimmin' fools! This rock formation is actually a tunnel slide that is a blast for the kids (and Scott and Deron). You can see the entrance to the slide from the top right and the bottom left is where you pop out into the pool. My niece, Caroline is posing on the waterfall!

Scott, of course, was the first one to test the strength of the rocks by jumping off the top and doing a cannon ball! (He looks like he's standing on top of the mountain behind him!)


Then Scott encouraging others to jump off the rocks! This is Scott with Ethan and Caroline in the back.

Here is Deron, jumping off the top rock and actually diving in! We all screamed watching him do this. We thought for sure he would need some stitching of his cranium!

Here is Caroline mid-flight--cute little Carter is sitting on the rocks with his life jacket

Great uncle Scotty, always in the pool with the kids!



"Rub-a-dub-dub, three men in a tub!" Carter, Ethan, and Bronson--the three amigos!

Some basketball was played too!

Carter always likes to play with the big boys!

Even little Wrigley loves to play basketball!


Caroline practicing her tap dancing...hysterical!

Bronson with the sombrero--we had so much fun with the nieces and nephews--too many funny stories!

We did a lot of "crack" this weekend as well!
Deron, Norm, and Scott put out this serious gas fire that went from the grill to the stucco on the house (whoops--the fire extinguisher was honestly next...). I couldn't pass up this shot of cracks and wedgies while they were cleaning up the mess!

...and speaking of wedgies...sweet georgia brown, poor Bronson had the best one of the weekend!

Lots of time on the trampoline! From left to right: Ethan, Caroline, Wrigley, Bronson, and Carter!

Uncle Jonny always teasing and tickling--so much fun to watch!


Love these guys--Left to right: Deron (Melinda's husband), Jonny (my youngest brother) with his baby Wrigley, Norm (my second youngest brother), and my HOTT lover, Scotty!

Love these girlies! Left to right: Lisa (Norm's wife), me, Melinda (my youngest sister), and Inger (older sister). I forgot to get the picture while Mendy (Jonny's wife) was there...

...so here is Mendy and Wrigley!

All in all, such a great time! It was a wonderful escape from the routine known as our lives. It was so relaxing and enjoyable to be with family and not pay attention to time! Thanks to all my family members for letting us stay with them, always sharing their food, and rearranging their schedules to make sure we could spend time together...but it's never enough time with these guys! Love you!

22 comments:

Karin said...

What a fun, FUN weekend indeed! Wow, that resort, er, uh, pool looks like a BLAST! Of course the boys had to test all of the diving spots. I'm sure Scott had practice off of Nanny's roof, first... shhhhhhhhh...
Family time is the best- glad you got to enjoy some.

Shellie said...

I'm so glad you guys got to spend a great weekend with your family! Sorry that our schedules didn't match up so that we could have seen you. You look fabulous as always! Miss you and love you!

Laurel said...

LOVE the plethora of pictures! I'm completely and utterly jealous of your vacation away from it all, and so happy for you guys and your fun trip all at the same time. We love you!

Markelle said...

you've got to be kidding, that amazing slide/pool lives in their backyard???!! Oh my, that is awesome...looks like you guys had a blast.

Alicia said...

When can I come?
How fun!! I am totally jealous. You and Scotty are always winning the "best aunt and uncle award." Great fun!

Scott and Megan said...

Ok so you could of done without the picture of me. Seriously!!! I loved seeing you guys it was so so much fun we love you and you are the best aunt!!!! Hope to see you guys soon

Denise said...

I can imagine the fun you had. I love your parents and you, so the rest must be great too. I love peeking in on your life!

LEE BIEN said...

Summer fun has surely begun! I can't want to see you two. By the way, I also loved Iron Man and Robert Downey Jr. is up there with the best of them. Okay, so maybe he is a recovering addict, but he looks good on the big screen. (What did you think of the "Pip" backup singing on American Idol?)

Jennifer and Jacob said...

I am glad you guys had so much fun...summer trips are the best! We are glad you are back, though. Jake was having withdrawls from his BFF.

J♥M said...

I'm happy to see that you were able to enjoy a warm weekend! Looks like lots of fun!

Stephanie said...

I am so jealous! That backyard was amazing! Glad you guys were able to have such a fun wkend!

Hannah Jones said...

I agree with all the above comments.
Ditto that.

Looks like a blast.
I heart you!

Dottie Stay said...

Hello love! Fantacular weekend! Party central! The pics are hysterical! I am so glad that we had so much "crack". And that man is playing with a doll.

Kate said...

You have always been the cutest aunt! I remember when you used to have their pictures lined up on the dashboard of your truck. There were only a couple of kiddos back then. :)

Ashley said...

Wow Meg, it looks like you had so much fun with your family in St. George. I want to sit back and lay out at a pool and catch some rays. I am sick of being so white. I love all your cute pictures. Miss you so much!

Anonymous said...

Don't you just love sunny St. George?!! One of my favorite places to go. You guys have such wonderful family!

Rachel said...

Looks so fun. Loved the picture of poor little Bronson's backside! What a great family you have!

Mindy said...

What a awesome weekend! It all looks like so much fun and you guys are all so cute! love the swimming picutes. you guys are the funnest aunt and uncle ever!

Josh and Jackie said...

So fun!!!! I wish we could've come down. I love all you guys when Josh and I were first married I saw your family more than Josh's since they all live out of state and I always told him it felt like your family was my in laws....funny huh. Now that its been longer I've definitely seen his family members a lot more.

normondo said...

First of all, the wedgie on Norm is completely intentional!!! (Please make an addendum to your blog and fix that fast). Second of all we are pissed that you are gone, so come back down soon! Lastly, keep Norm's wedgie on there it is hilarious!

Love ya!
Norm and Lisa

hdknowles said...

Megan - I'm Denise's mom and saw your blog via hers, and I saw your parents. Please tell them hello from me - we loved having them in College Park Ward last year - our music program isn't the same without them.
Helen Knowles

Johnson said...

Okay, I am dying over your brothers....so when did they become men? I can still picture them as little boys!

Looks like so much fun! I just love your family so much!!