Sunday, April 20, 2008
Pray for my baby nephew Wrigley!
So this week has been a hellish nightmare! Monday night we got a call saying Jonny's baby Wrigley was going to the ER in St. George--a couple of hours later, we got a call saying he was being life flighted to Primary Children's! Mendy got to ride in the plane with Wrigley but poor Jonny had to drive up from St. George to Primary's a 5 hour drive not knowing if his little son was going to make it. They thought initially that it might be leukemia. I'm telling you it was the worst thing ever for all of us in the family. Scott and I hopped in the car to meet life flight with Mendy and the baby. It was so critical at first. His blood pressure was extremely low and it was seriously kind of touch and go--Mendy and Krissy and I were in the trauma ER until we got transferred to the pediatric ICU. It was so incredibly stressful and I can't even imagine what parents feel, because even as the aunt, I was a total wreck...seriously! I work with sick people all day long, but to see a tiny baby--one of your own--in an emergency situation was beyond words. He was just moved yesterday from the ICU so that has been a big celebration with the Nielsen family! They diagnosed him with C-diff (google that)--but it can be fatal if not treated in both adults and children. He is making small improvements, but any improvement is better than getting worse! Here are some pictures of Mendy getting to hold him for one of the first times in almost a week!!!
We love our little slugger, Wrigley and his stubborn attitude to keep fighting and get through this! We hope he will get to leave in the next week or so...it has been a freaking nightmare and I am exhausted! I can't imagine being the parent! I am so impressed with my baby brother and his wife! They are remarkably strong--if anyone has any pull with the big guy (because clearly I don't:) put a good word in for Wrigley Nielsen--our little champ!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
We are praying for all of you. For Wrigley to have strength and health. For Jonny and Mendy to have peace, energy, understanding and faith. For you and Scott and all other family members to be strong. I'm sorry for the pain you're all going through.
I love you.
I am so sorry to hear about your nephew! We will keep him and your family in our prayers.
How scary for all of you! My heart aches with you to see pictures of this. You're a great aunt to be there. The love of a family is beyond marvelous! Our prayers are with everyone as well! You can never have too many! Miracles happen everyday! I hope you are all able to witness one with Wrigley's health.
These pictures make me cry! I can't imagine how hard it would have been to not be able to hold him when he wanted to be held! That breaks my heart. You must have all been so scared and worried. I'm so happy that he is home and feeling better. What a cute boy he is!
Post a Comment