What's new at the Lee house, you ask? Well, what else but yet another recent accident? So Scott and I should be forbidden to wakeboard--and now that I think about it...ski, rollerblade, play basketball, soccer and any other activity that holds the slightest risk of injuring ANY part of your human body! Saturday Scott was out with good ol' Johnsons down at Yuba and wrecked one two many times trying to do a jump using the new high bar. High bars are awesome...they allow you to get tons more air with your jumps! Well thanks to Mr. Newton's laws of physics..."An object in motion, remains in motion until acted upon by another force" (law #2)--that force became the water! Which feels like concrete when you're already being pulled 30 mph behind a boat and coming down from a jump 10 feet in the air!Of all things...Saturday I had decided to forgo the boating and actually attend my first Super Saturday with the Relief Society! I'm not really a "crafter," but wanted to attempt a project. As I'm sitting at a table destroying my craft project, Scott called. The conversation went something like this (thanks for the idea, Jennie).
Megan: "Hello?"
Scott: "Hi" (said a little shaky)...long pause
Megan: "Scott, why are you calling me? You're on the lake...long pause...did you have an accident"
Scott: "Well, I may have"
Megan: "Are you shittin' me?"
***now at this point in the conversation, one of the dear relief society sister gasps at my dropping the "S" bomb and I realize...my mic is on and I'm in mixed company and have loudly said a naughty word in front of my fellow sisters in the gospel (so, so sorry Shannon)! I excuse myself to the outside foyer and the conversation continues***
Scott: "No I'm not kidding...I think I may have broken some ribs"
Megan: "Good gosh, doing WHAT?"
Scott: "Just took a jump...."
Megan: "Uh-huh...
Scott: "I think I need to go to the ER"
Megan: "Oh my gosh, have you lost a limb or something..."
***mind you, this is the guy that broke his collar bone snow skiing and walked down the mountain and drove himself down the canyon and back home. So when he said he needed to go to the ER, I thought it must be bad!!!***
Scott: "Which hospital takes our insurance?"
Megan: "Timpanogos in Orem"
Scott: "OK, thanks I'll just have Ryan drive me (from Yuba) to where I parked the motorcycle (the Orem Wal-mart) and head on over there."
Megan: "Um, can you move?"
Scott: "Not really well, it hurts to sit or move, but I don't want you to have to take care of me and mess up your plans for your day"
Megan: "You silly rabbit...I would cancel anything or be anywhere to take care of you!"
Scott: "Okay, thanks I'll meet you at the Orem Wal-mart parking lot in an hour!"
He said the ride from Yuba to Orem was miserably painful...
So here is a photo of Scott just getting into the car so we can head to the ER. I gotta give props to Dean, Ryan, Janelle, Patrick, and Brett. They were all on the boat and sacrificed all their skiing to get Scotty back up here to get some help! And to Alicia for helping get the motorcycle back to our house (no SHE didn't ride it--but found a friend to drive it to our house)--and stayed with him while I filled the prescriptions, etc. WE HAVE THE BEST FRIENDS EVER! My next door neighbor finished my craft project at Super Saturday! Whew...looks better than if I would have done it, and our backyard neighbors took "the boys" (frank and bronx) and let them sleep over night Saturday. So...too make a long story short (too late...) He broke two ribs and shattered the attached cartilage. It sounds like snap, crackle, pop when he breathes! They thought he may have ruptured his spleen--but good thing the CT came back clear! My poor Scotty...there's not a lot you can do for broken ribs...but curse! He has a brace, but just says it only stops hurting when he doesn't move or breathe...oh good, that shouldn't be a problem. I will keep you posted...Heaven help us!
13 comments:
HOW SAD.. and sort of funny...but mostly SAD!!! I wish I could have heard that convo at the RS table. I would have died laughing. Get well soon!
Poor Scotty Wotty Doo Doo! You two are not allowed to leave your house ever again!
I'm so glad to hear the story- I've been thinking about you guys since I heard about the accident on Saturday. I'm glad to know that he didn't rupture his spleen (even though it's over-rated,) but soooo sorry that he broke his ribs OUCH! Hang in there Scott. How long to broken ribs take to heal?
I dang near just about wet myself reading this post! I only wish I could have been at the RS table crafting to hear the vulgarity. Poor shotty! He is tough, and this will be nothing in a little while. The only thing that I am scared of is that he will still be the dare devil he always has been. Shellie is right, you can not leave your house, and if you need anything just send Frank out on the bike to do a little shopping. You know that he would do that, and get everything you need.
Okay seriously, you two need to handcuff yourselves inside your house (preferably to a bed...?) to never leave and get BROKEN again! That totally sucks. What's even funnier to me in thinking about this in the long term, is that I can hear Scott being thankful it's far enough away from ski season that he'll still be able to live it up on the slopes... That collar bone healed once before!
What next? As I said on the phone to Megan, "Once more, I am thankful that he is married to you!" And thanks for taking such good care of my poor boy. We are praying for him to heal quickly and for the rest of your lives to run as smoothly as possible. We love you. Kiss him on the forehead for me.
Mama Lee
I guess Scott's not as invincible as we all thought. He can be broken? Hmmm. Funny that when I said that to Scott on Saturday, while he was doped up, he just shook his head at me and said that he really was "Unbreakable." Like Bruce Willis? Cool!
Oh and one more thing-- funniest thing I ever saw was you, Megan- trying to get Scott to take his meds. Hilarious! I thought Blaine was "out of it" on the morphine/drugs--hysterical! He'd be nodding "yes", to taking the pills one second, and then be fast asleep with the drink and pill in hand the next.
Seriously, I'm glad he's okay. And so glad he has you to take care of him. *sigh*
Oh man, I am so sorry Megan and Scotty. I hope that he heals quickly. He is lucky it wasn't worse. You two need to be so careful.
Once Scott gets healed up, he needs to try out Wake SURFING! I think it's "safer" than wakeboarding, as you don't do a lot of jumping and tricks, but it is a great challenge to get to the point where you can throw away the rope and just surf on the wake behind the boat. And when you biff it, the board isn't strapped to your feet, so it's easier on your bod! Sorry about the broken ribs, but I love that you got to shock the RS sisters! You are now the rebel of the ward!
I loved this post! And what I love most about it is that Scott let you take pictures of him while he is in pain! What a guy. Notice on my blog-- no pics of me with my kidney stone! :) Tell Scott to hang in there and enjoy the drugs while he can.
Oh dear!!! Maybe you need a new hobby like reading or knitting. Both of you! Hope he heals quickly.
SAD STORY SCOTT.. I HEARD THIS STORY ALL THE WAY IN ARIZONA SO I HOPE YOU ARE GETTING AROUND OK.. JUST THOUGHT I'D DROP BY YOUR PAGE TO SAY HI AND THAT I TRULY MISS WORKING WITH MEGAN..
Um, Hello, LOVE the new blog look!!!
Post a Comment