Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Another movie line!

Tomorrow holds nothin' but love and chaos! It will be all a bunch of crazy Nielsens!!! With just my parents, siblings, and their children the total comes to 30! Can you believe that? From my mom and dad, come 30 people? Holy crap! There will be my mom's turkey, her cabbage and shrimp salad (that I think only the siblings like because we have grown up with it). Krissy's house will be "all-a-glow" as it always is. Her house is the most welcoming place! She always is the "hostess with the mostesst!" This year I was assigned the green bean casserole (a step up from last year's cheese ball--which I was told to purchase at Smith's...hmmm, lots of confidence my mom had in me, eh?, and I think I was second choice for the green bean casserole LOL!) Alexa will be home from college--a first! The oldest grandchild coming home for Thanksgiving! Everyone will be staying with everyone else for sleepovers and late night games. I am really excited this year. I am excited this year because when there is a room full of Nielsens, there is a room full of LOVE! A room full of complete acceptance, 100% loyalty, and a place of safety and "refuge from the storm!" I need it right now especially and Thanksgiving could not come at a better time for me. "My Thankful List" can include many things, but for now, it includes just one and that is my family. My wonderful, wonderful family. I am thankful for them and I DO know how lucky I am to have them. It's because of them that I find strength to either lean on or to dig down and find it within myself.

Sooooo, my movie line for today is:

"Goonies never say die!" from Goonies, of course.

2 comments:

Jesse and Julie said...

I was asigned the green bean cassarole too. BUT I think my Mom is making a back up just in case. :) Happy Thanksgiving!

Chelsea said...

Meg! Your comments on my blog make me the happiest! YOu are funny & always yourself. Love it.
By the way, I think it is a worse sign if you are assigned the beverage. :)
I am going to leave you with a movie quote of my own... Sorry for the french, but it is the first one that comes to my mind today... "Once this son of a B- hits 88 miles per hour, you are going to see some serious Sh-"!!
-Back to the Future (It's one of the only two movies we had as kids, so we all have it memorized. The other movie was a promotional video for U-Haul. At least it really taught us all to be excellent packers and movers for life. :)